Will your kids resent you for moving them from the West later on?

Are Somali parents moving from the west doing it for their own selfish needs?

• yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Many people talk about moving away to raise their kids in Islamic countries but only do it for their own selfish reasons. They don't think about the impact it will have on their kids. The parents thinks they have the best interest for their kids but they will later resent them for making them miss out on all the opportunities here in the West. I for one will chase my political and business aspiration in the horn of Africa but I will not bring kids and partner in tow. Let's say these people who decide to move change their mind and decide to move back after a decade or two then they will find it harder to adapt to the fast paced and continuously changing Western world.

I just hope you all think clearly and not just make life changing decisions like this rushed or for your own selfish needs. Don't put your needs before your kids.

I will visit the west often enough so they dont idolise it. They will go to private western schools.

How will they resent me unless I move them as teenagers.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I don't know if you're indirectly sending shots at me but I don't have kids yet. It's not like I will move them to Dubai at the age of 16. Dubai living standard is far better than the west and they will love it there. I will also send them to good schools so they don't miss out on any opportunity so no I was not being selfish. I was simply following my religion and looking for the best interest of my kids.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
How can they resent something they don’t know. It’s when you flip flop between the west and east that you end up with confused kids who don’t belong anywhere. Just raise them in one place and you’re good.

Many people talk about moving away to raise their kids in Islamic countries but only do it for their own selfish reasons. They don't think about the impact it will have on their kids. The parents thinks they have the best interest for their kids but they will later resent them for making them miss out on all the opportunities here in the West. I for one will chase my political and business aspiration in the horn of Africa but I will not bring kids and partner in tow. Let's say these people who decide to move change their mind and decide to move back after a decade or two then they will find it harder to adapt to the fast paced and continuously changing Western world.

I just hope you all think clearly and not just make life changing decisions like this rushed or for your own selfish needs. Don't put your needs before your kids.
Personally I think it's best your children are born and raised in an Islamic environment, whatever country that may be. But as for opportunities, there are plenty elsewhere. The West isn't your only option. And people change their minds all the time about things like this especially, the important thing is that you make the decision you believe is best for you and your family. Not necessarily in that order though.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP

My kids will follow me as a man and patriarch.

Something men don't understand these days. But i understand since the media makes it our to be a crime to be a real family man these days. OP you're well entitled to your opinion and i to mine. Also my children will have a choice to get the best education and private tuition to western standards. They will also come back to the west every summer and they will have the final say on where they want to live if they reach a ripe age of wisdom.

:gucciwhat:

If I’m being honest, I don’t think any of us will actually leave the west. It’s just a fantasy. I’d definitely move to the states 100% but I can see myself getting annoyed living somewhere like the UAE, Qatar or Kuwait after a few years. I’d want to own my own home and you can’t do that there.

Gambar

VIP
If I’m being honest, I don’t think any of us will actually leave the west. It’s just a fantasy. I’d definitely move to the states 100% but I can see myself getting annoyed living somewhere like the UAE, Qatar or Kuwait after a few years. I’d want to own my own home and you can’t do that there.
Why the states?

My parents moved me from the West, I'd say it was a good experience to live in a foreign country, I don't resent them for it at all.

Trending