Will your kids resent you for moving them from the West later on?

Are Somali parents moving from the west doing it for their own selfish needs?

• yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
It depends which countries you move to if it’s poor countries like Egypt, Kenya or Somalia etc then obviously you’re not doing them any favour but it’s beautiful country like Malaysia where it’s living standards is good, speak English really well and situated near best countries on earth and have lots of beach and green spaces for kids to play with then they won’t even miss the West that much I think. Gulf states are nice too but I hate that it’s not the best countries with walking pavements or you must take a car wherever you go which is not healthy in the long run.

It depends which countries you move to if it’s poor countries like Egypt, Kenya or Somalia etc then obviously you’re not doing them any favour but it’s beautiful country like Malaysia where it’s living standards is good, speak English really well and situated near best countries on earth and have lots of beach and green spaces for kids to play with then they won’t even miss the West that much I think. Gulf states are nice too but I hate that it’s not the best countries with walking pavements or you must take a car wherever you go which is not healthy in the long run.
100%.

I don't know if you're indirectly sending shots at me but I don't have kids yet. It's not like I will move them to Dubai at the age of 16. Dubai living standard is far better than the west and they will love it there. I will also send them to good schools so they don't miss out on any opportunity so no I was not being selfish. I was simply following my religion and looking for the best interest of my kids.
You can do all that and better in a nice suburban neighbourhood. The recent Quran winner in the Dubai competition didn't leave the West. That shows you that it all depends on the parents effort on raising their kids properly.

Just a suggestion sxb.

I could never live in an Arab country where the working class is treated like slaves. At least here in the West they have dignity and laws that protect the worker. I feel sorry for all the individuals facing slave like conditions in those barren sandpits.

I would rather live in Jubaland or Mogadishu than Mecca.

You can do all that and better in a nice suburban neighbourhood. The recent Quran winner in the Dubai competition didn't leave the West. That shows you that it all depends on the parents effort on raising their kids properly.

Just a suggestion sxb.
A nice suburban neighbourhood where though? Just because one child won the Quran competition once doesn't change a thing. It's still a better country for both him and his kids, so I don't know why you insist on the West. He actually brought up the pros of living in Dubai, but you've yet to do the same with the West. What's even so good about it? Nothing.

I could never live in an Arab country where the working class is treated like slaves. At least here in the West they have dignity and laws that protect the worker. I feel sorry for all the individuals facing slave like conditions in those barren sandpits.

Well at least that's a fair point but worker conditions have improved.

Personally I think it's best your children are born and raised in an Islamic environment, whatever country that may be. But as for opportunities, there are plenty elsewhere. The West isn't your only option. And people change their minds all the time about things like this especially, the important thing is that you make the decision you believe is best for you and your family. Not necessarily in that order though.
Why'd you qashin this @Parailia somalensis? Was it not true? Are you an atheist? If so, then I'm afraid this comment wasn't even for you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Why'd you assume he was female? He doesn't seem like he is.
did-you-just-47f248.png

Majority of these people running away from the west can't afford that. They mostly end up in shitty third world countries like the UAE or Africa.

Why would you? They'd kill you in a heartbeat if they found out.

Trending