Xeedho or no xeedho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
This is Northern tradition as far as I know. If you want it, it comes with a beating if you untie it wrong :ftw9nwa:

Light taps really. But probably more hardcore back home, or so it was in the past.

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
Warya since yall hooyo mataalo and southern people. I'll just tell you about the xeedho tradition.

-Xeedho is a Waqooyi/northern somali tradition. There are two types of Xeedho, The muqumad one and the Macaan/Sabiib one. Xeedho is made by the girls family for the inlaws as a sumbol of the union of these two families and welcome the guy to the family circle. The 3rd night of the wedding week is when the xeedhos are exchanged in a colourful buraanbur and hido iyo dhaqan party by Sodohooyinka(Sodoh= mother in law).

Xeedho
shafis-6161.jpg

Maxawash = mashed dates with spices
10979509_1597506967152605_1868294593_n.jpg

Then there is the Muqumad:lawd: which is basically sun-dried beef jerky somali style fried in oil/butter mainly eaten by men.

10598196_276613432535837_510591947_n.jpg

Xeedho 2. It's full of different kinds of sweets, uunsi, sabeeb etc for women.
IMG_0782.jpg

After a month or so of the wedding, you return the Xeedho/Fijaan to the girls family and you've to fill it with gifts. Can be traditional dresses, money, perfumes etc

11272857_661166503983762_1921506739_n.jpg

:tacky: Do I need to have that in it or can just have cheese sables and sausage rolls in one and maybe some Toblerone and Ferrero Rocher in the other?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I saw the veil covering it and I thought it went on the bride's face or something :chrisfreshhah:
I've seen containers or ornaments shaped like these things but I never really asked what they were for. My family aren't even Northerners :drakelaugh:

Lol get ur mind outta the gutter.

I was tryna find a picture of my counsin's xedo on my phone but it must be on my laptop.
Its funny that you say that, because that what the ceremony actually boils down to. Just sex. Like all magnificent things, its simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.