Young Xalimos of SSpot let’s spread positivity!

I agree with this.

single parent households are tough because one person is carrying the load mean for two. Which is why I have the highest respect for single mothers/fathers.

for sure parents can’t catch small but important patterns when do busy just trying to provide

True. Which is why I have no respect for men who walk out of their kids lives' and abandon them. Its so prevalent in the Somali community. And the nerve that people say ignorant stuff like, "Oh, thats not true because my dad was in the home and was amazing, you're lying." Your experience d/n invalidate someone elses. There is this stupid ceeb mentality that pisses me off, and nobody talks about the single parent epidemic w/in our community, which means that fathers are absolved from accepting responsibility for their actions.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
True. Which is why I have no respect for men who walk out of their kids lives' and abandon them. Its so prevalent in the Somali community. And the nerve that people say ignorant stuff like, "Oh, thats not true because my dad was in the home and was amazing, you're lying." Your experience d/n invalidate someone elses. There is this stupid ceeb mentality that pisses me off, and nobody talks about the single parent epidemic w/in our community, which means that fathers are absolved from accepting responsibility for their actions.

Facts. Before anyone says “simp” I’m gonna address we young faraaxs have a lot to repair. These men run away to marry second wives and destroy their first family. Dur dur I can have two wives.....yes but only if you can provide emotionally and financially equally to both.

and no, living with one and sending one $100 USD a month isn’t equal

these men are the scum of the earth to me tbh. Hurts my heart to see these young and older women being left by scummy men and not having any recourse from this.
The ceeb mentality has to be the single dumbest thing about our great culture
It allows actual pedophiles to get off free and makes actual victims of rape to stay silent over “reputation”
Smh

There are a couple hundred of us decent young faraaxs with akhlaq drive and culture, our ranks are thinner each year lol

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
1) What are your hopes for life in the next 3-5 years? What diaspora are you in?
Graduate with my degree and hit my career field with a bigger advantage than most. Hit the ground running. Travel more, join the military and go out of my comfort zone. Also, save up some money to open multiple businesses and be a multi millionaire. Use my resources and knowledge back home and put it good use, hopefully.

American.

2)do you see yourself marrying a Somali Man? Yes or no, no judgement
Don't think there is a farah with my line of thinking or mentality. Or the same work ethic drive I possess. Highly doubt it, but I like to be proven wrong every once in a while.

3) based on how your parents raised you, would you raise your daughters the same way? If not, how would you raise your daughters in accordance with your beliefs and religion
Well for starters, I wouldn't abuse them or take my issues out on them ( I wasn't abused per se, but I have seen moms do this and its weird asf). I would raise them the way I was raised. Raise them with logic and help nurture their critical thinking skills (buuq and qaylo is not sustainable). Make them intellectuals witha strong understanding of the world around them and it's inhabitants. Mini versions of me.
4) best part of being a Somali woman?
Other than facial features.... Nothing? I'm just like any other woman. But the somali foods that i cook occasionally :banderas:

Last edited:
Facts. Before anyone says “simp” I’m gonna address we young faraaxs have a lot to repair. These men run away to marry second wives and destroy their first family. Dur dur I can have two wives.....yes but only if you can provide emotionally and financially equally to both.

and no, living with one and sending one $100 USD a month isn’t equal

these men are the scum of the earth to me tbh. Hurts my heart to these young and older women being left by scummy men and not having any recourse from this.
The ceeb mentality has to be the single dumbest thing about our great culture
It allows actual pedophiles to get off free and makes actual victims of rape to stay silent over “reputation”
Smh

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I’m sorry you had to experience this abaayo

fathers are supposed to be the head of the household, but it seems like the Civil War and the years past had magically erased all the culture we had.

As a man, you chose to have children and further your line and it is your responsibility to care for wife and child

if you are incapable of this then simply don’t have a family

sad that young men are already continuing this trend. No Somali girl should be on her own with a kid at 26, but I’ve seen it with my own eyes sadly

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
1) What are your hopes for life in the next 3-5 years? What diaspora are you in?
Graduate with my degree and hit my career field with a bigger advantage than most. Hit the ground running. Travel more, join the military and go out of my comfort zone. Also, save up some money to open multiple businesses and be a multi millionaire. Use my resources and knowledge back home and put it good use, hopefully.

Don't think there is a farah with my line of thinking or mentality. Or the same work ethic drive I possess. Highly doubt it, but I like to be proven wrong every once in a while.

3) based on how your parents raised you, would you raise your daughters the same way? If not, how would you raise your daughters in accordance with your beliefs and religion
Well for starters, I wouldn't abuse them or take my issues out on them ( I wasn't abused per se, but I have seen moms do this and its weird asf). I would raise the way I was raised. Make them intellectuals with strong understanding of the world around them and it's inhabitants. Mini versions of me.
Other than facial features.... Nothing? I'm just like any other woman. But the somali foods that i cook occasionally :banderas:
I know one of my moms friends was seemingly jealous of her own daughter....
It was some real life Cinderella shit lmaoo

There are a lot of Somali men out there, I don’t doubt you’ll find your match if they are what your into :salute:

ik your a online avatar, but I feel like we’d be good friends irl

I’m sorry you had to experience this abaayo

fathers are supposed to be the head of the household, but it seems like the Civil War and the years past had magically erased all the culture we had.

As a man, you chose to have children and further your line and it is your responsibility to care for wife and child

if you are incapable of this then simply don’t have a family

sad that young men are already continuing this trend. No Somali girl should be on her own with a kid at 26, but I’ve seen it with my own eyes sadly

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
I know one of my moms friends was seemingly jealous of her own daughter....
It was some real life Cinderella shit lmaoo

There are a lot of Somali men out there, I don’t doubt you’ll find your match if they are what your into :salute:

ik your a online avatar, but I feel like we’d be good friends irl

A lot of hooyos are toxic and misogynistic leaning. While most farahs are being degenerates and involved in gang life, the girls have to be this perfect person. Anything out of their parents exoectations, and they get beat to a pulp. I even seen some hooyos ask macalin dugsis to beat their asses because they were disrespectful at home. Its sick and it needs to end!

A somali man who is the male version of me would be finding a needle in a haystack lmao. There are good men but they are outnumbered by the bad ones. Statistically, there are more women than men, so.....

Yeah, I like the persona that you have online. Hopefully, you get your dream wife. Rooting for ya! :salute:

Last edited:

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
A lot of hooyos are toxic and misogynistic leaning. While most farahs are being degenerates and involved in gang life, the girls have to be this perfect person. Anything out of their parents presentations, they get beat to a pulp. I even seen some hooyos ask macalin dugsis to beat their asses because they were disrespectful at home. Its sick and it needs to end!

A somali man who is the male version would be finding a needle in a haystack lmao. There are good men but they are outnumbered by the bad ones. Statistically, there are more women than men, so.....

Yeah, I like the persona that you have online. Hopefully, you get your dream wife. Rooting for ya! :salute:
:salute:
Yeah I’m not gonna lie I also do this but am fighting it

I’m not sure why we hold our girls to a higher standards makes little sense

yea the whole marriage game is messed up.
The good young faraaxs get gobbled up fast or run to Africa for marriage
That leaves the undesirables
And most women would Rather be single than settle for far less

?????

Professional Attention Provider
Weird questions, who cares about marriage it’s buuq. I seek a simple life surrounded by cats and rodents of every kind. I want to make sure a new strain of the plague can be traced directly to me. That’s my humble dream.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Weird questions, who cares about marriage it’s buuq. I seek a simple life surrounded by cats and rodents of every kind. I want to make sure a new strain of the plague can be traced directly to me. That’s my humble dream.
Cats I like... rodents not so much
But oh well good luck in your endeavors

Wouldn’t the cats eat the rodents :francis:

These are prompts directed towards all teen or twenty something xalimos here

don’t gotta answer all!
  1. Get a masters degree, start my career, travel more
  2. Probably yes
  3. A lot more communication, maybe Give them a little more freedom in making choices
  4. That we are strong