A new airport will be built in Muqdisho

Here is to hoping they invest in relocating the port as well (a far more pressing concern in my opinion). It’s right in the middle of the city which limits potential for expansion and the traffic in and around the port is absolutely disgusting. If the airport is relocated to the north of the city, the port should be relocated somewhere to the south between Xamar and Jazeera.

Here is to hoping they invest in relocating the port as well (a far more pressing concern in my opinion). It’s right in the middle of the city which limits potential for expansion and the traffic in and around the port is absolutely disgusting. If the airport is relocated to the north of the city, the port should be relocated somewhere to the south between Xamar and Jazeera.
Adeb Adde could literally just be a port

Adeb Adde could literally just be a port
This doesn’t solve the issue of traffic in and around the city. Now trucks just unload around KM4 which is the heart of Mogadishu. I also think that with an existing runway, Aden Adde would be a useful airport for military operations as well as for the Somali Air Force in the future. Expanding the port to the direction of Aden Adde would also be very expensive too since there’s a good chunk of incredibly valuable real estate between the two. I’m unsure how much of that land is private vs government owned but most of it likely isn’t owned by the state.

This doesn’t solve the issue of traffic in and around the city. Now trucks just unload around KM4 which is the heart of Mogadishu. I also think that with an existing runway, Aden Adde would be a useful airport for military operations as well as for the Somali Air Force in the future. Expanding the port to the direction of Aden Adde would also be very expensive too since there’s a good chunk of incredibly valuable real estate between the two. I’m unsure how much of that land is private vs government owned but most of it likely isn’t owned by the state.
from the port to turksom is all government land so that isn't an issue there's no reason for a airfare base in a city, especially when Baledogle Airfield one of the best in Africa is so close.

from the port to turksom is all government land so that isn't an issue there's no reason for a airfare base in a city, especially when Baledogle Airfield one of the best in Africa is so close.
Ahhh ok I wasn’t 100% sure. That makes expansion possible and more affordable than relocation but the location in the city is still incredibly inconvenient. Will require levels of traffic engineering which I doubt we have the capacity for atm but we’ll make do.