A Somaliland girl flies 2 Mogadishu and insults SL and now is banned from returning to Hargeisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somali unity is great idea, but it's an incredibly nieve concept to subscribe to today (and probably for the near future), especially under the auspices of the ever disgraced somalia gov and the state created in 1960.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Reer koonfur are easily impressed, what if this is staged? They might give her a post in the govt:manny: if she comes back to hargeisa i hope they lock her ungrateful ass up and she can write from the joint.

Free speech my brothers free speech

I beseech, free speech, free speech

tumblr_n54wzmqkbs1txiobbo1_500.gif

Somali unity is great idea, but it's an incredibly nieve concept to subscribe to today (and probably for the near future), especially under the auspices of the ever disgraced somalia gov and the state created in 1960.

We have to negotiate everything from scratch. Before that though we need enough mamuls who are standing on their own and not struggling

We have to negotiate everything from scratch. Before that though we need enough mamuls who are standing on their own and not struggling

I agree. This is why I can't understand why people go over the top about Somaliland. If the people of Somaliland want independence, let them go. You won't get unity (true unity) by holding people by the throat. And a separate Somali state run by and administered by Somalis is not an obstacle to future unity (although it might seem counter intuitive). Because it can be bought into a future Somali united-states easily, following a few years (decades) of friendly relations. The issue is the Somali regions that are run and administered by non-Somalis. They are a true obstacle to unity. I think many pro-unity people are missing the big picture and can't seem to see further than their nose. I once heard that Japanese companies anticipate future events and work out how to manipulate these events by 50-100 years. And that's just companies, you can imagine what sane countries plan for at the government level for their people. Somalis seem to think about the next 3 minutes and that's it.

I agree. This is why I can't understand why people go over the top about Somaliland. If the people of Somaliland want independence, let them go. You won't get unity (true unity) by holding people by the throat. And a separate Somali state run by and administered by Somalis is not an obstacle to future unity (although it might seem counter intuitive). Because it can be bought into a future Somali united-states easily, following a few years (decades) of friendly relations. The issue is the Somali regions that are run and administered by non-Somalis. They are a true obstacle to unity. I think many pro-unity people are missing the big picture and can't seem to see further than their nose. I once heard that Japanese companies anticipate future events and work out how to manipulate these events by 50-100 years. And that's just companies, you can imagine what sane countries plan for at the government level for their people. Somalis seem to think about the next 3 minutes and that's it.
Most developed countries and even some major cities have 50,100 even 250 year plans. It's too bad Somalis don't see that they are being manipulated so easily. Most of our common problems (Security, Economy, Water scarcity, Environmental degradation etc.) can be solved if we are able to make and follow the most basic of plans for a set period of time.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Somalia is not better in free speech, last month they closed 'Mogadishu center for research and studies' and arrested the workers without charge because of one article. These guys are in jail without charge or court. Now tell me again why did you revolt against barre government?

Status
Not open for further replies.