Alternate flags to represent Somalia

If Somalia didn’t have the current flag, which one would like to fly across our sky

• Somaliland

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Inverted

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Communism

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Imperialism

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Concept 1

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Pirate’s bay baby

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Realistic

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
It has a meaning to it and very unique in that we didn’t copy the Arabs nor the ethiopians (that had their flag stolen by most bantu nations)
It does have meaning however like @SOMALI GENERAL stated, it looks like a complete rip off of the Bonnie and Republic of West Florida flag. Something similar to the Devrish flag or Adal/Ajuuran Sultanates would represent Somalia a lot more then that plain looking thing.

Last edited:

Timo Jareer and proud

Waryaa there is nothing more unique than our flag. And it meaning makes even beautiful :banderas:
510px-Bonnie_Blue_flag.svg.png

West_Florida_Flag.png

Which one is the Somali flag?

Maximus

Lord Maximus
It does have meaning however like @SOMALI GENERAL stated, it looks like a complete rip off of the Bonnie and Republic of West Florida flag. Something similar to the Devrish flag or Adal/Ajuuran Sultanates would represent Somalia a lot more then that plain looking thing.
The problem is that those flags were based off of the typical ottoman designs. They weren’t meaningful and better suited for the medieval islamic period, not for modern day somalia.

Also, the dervish flag was quite awful

Timo Jareer and proud

I don’t know if you are being sarcastic, but ours is the one that blends in with the sky.

Our flag is a banner covering the world:fittytousand:
And you dare disrespect it with some navy blue flag

If ours is so unoriginal then me what is the meaning behind that other flag
the flag has come to symbolize secession, self-governance and state sovereignty of the confederate states from the United States.

Timo Jareer and proud

The problem is that those flags were based off of the typical ottoman designs. They weren’t meaningful and better suited for the medieval islamic period, not for modern day somalia.

Also, the dervish flag was quite awful
Ajuuran was founded before the foundation of the Ottoman Empire, it did not rip off anything from the Turks.

Adal's flag also does not look much like the Ottoman's

Azania

I have no mouth & I must scream
the flag has come to symbolize secession, self-governance and state sovereignty of the confederate states from the United States.
There is no such thing as that, it’s not even that recognized:chrisfreshhah:

It was the unofficial flag of the Confederacy, and doesn’t even holdup against the Confederate flag
Now it’s just a hollow shell.

All those attributes are taken by the confederate flag.

Timo Jareer and proud

There is no such thing as that, it’s not even that recognized:chrisfreshhah:

It was the unofficial flag of the Confederacy, and doesn’t even holdup against the Confederate flag
Now it’s just a hollow shell.

All those attributes are taken by the confederate flag.
Does not change the fact that the Boonie flag represents the attributes i stated earlier and, the reality that the Somali flag is nothing more then a plain copy and past.

A flag with my angelic face and some stars on my eyes. And some sea scenery as the background. Seems original.