Anti Somali xenophobia is very normalized

I’m not the type to make these threads but this was shown to me by very young people in my family (nieces and nephews) I found this video very alarming almost 3k comments and over 600k likes this type of xenophobic rhetoric couldn’t be said about any other African community as a grown man this doesn’t affect me but I’m worried about the kids under 12 etc and how it will affect them in the future what do you guys think am I overreacting to this issue ? @haye haye @Xoriyo
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

I’m not the type to make these threads but this was shown to me by very young people in my family (nieces and nephews) I found this video very alarming almost 3k comments and over 600k likes this type of xenophobic rhetoric couldn’t be said about any other African community as a grown man this doesn’t affect me but I’m worried about the kids under 12 etc and how it will affect them in the future what do you guys think am I overreacting to this issue ? @haye haye @Xoriyo

we gotta start making our own narrative, because this is what ajnabis will reduce us too. They are going to make my noble ethnicity into a meme and insinuate that we’re ugly.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
Honestly I don’t want little kids in the community exposed to this shit on the daily online we gotta stick together in times like this and come with a solution

This would require Somalis to start entering the entertainment and modeling industry at a high rate. This would piss off a lot of somalis because too many of us don't want to assimilate amongst westerns. I feel like most these people are perfectly fine with what we have right now.
We basically need a bunch of gaal or gaal adjacent Somali niggas to start thriving in the entertainment sector. The chunks method isn't enough.

Also the only Somali people that prioritize taking care of their looks are women and young men. Older Somali guys give no fucks and are stepping outside looking dusty.

This would require Somalis to start entering the entertainment and modeling industry at a high rate. This would piss off a lot of somalis because too many of us don't want to assimilate amongst westerns. I feel like most these people are perfectly fine with what we have right now.
We basically need a bunch of gaal or gaal adjacent Somali niggas to start thriving in the entertainment sector. The chunks method isn't enough.

Also the only Somali people that prioritize taking care of their looks are women and young men. Older Somali guys give no fucks and are stepping outside looking dusty.
I can’t believe we’re getting judged based on our adeers but we literally are

The old guys, ugly niggas and the fobs pretty much.

We only have one good looking guy representing us and it's sharky.

It's forced though. People want a reason to dislike us and that's what they picked. The average uncle in every community is a calooley with bidaar mess. It just speaks to the desperation to establish a stereotype. Not sure if pumping out 10 Sharkys will fix that.

It's forced though. People want a reason to dislike us and that's what they picked. The average uncle in every community is a calooley with bidaar mess. It just speaks to the desperation to establish a stereotype. Not sure if pumping out 10 Sharkys will fix that.
So true, it’s kinda weird how we get no benefit of doubt and reduced to our worst looking

Trending