Apparently masjids warn against marrying Somali men because of their abuse.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi
Older millennial men in my area are beyond fucked I’ve heard so many stories lakiin younger millennials and Gen Z are on the up. She needs to direct this to the 35 - 40 year old crowd of niggas not the rest of us

Also a shishiye who refers to the Somali language as AfSomali? Ok 😂 maybe if she was Oromo I’d let that slide but she claims to not even be African

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This is actually true, i heard many aunties wants their girls to marry Somali ciyaal casiir, or a somali man in diaspora or Somalia who they actually know his akhlaaq. if that wasn't found then an ajnabi who is muslim.

Somali men reputation as ciyaal suuq and dead beat is widespread. Which is weird, like why Somali women are more sane, stable and successful by a big margin than Somali men?

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement, T-Y16897 Arabi
This is actually true, i heard many aunties wants their girls to marry Somali ciyaal casiir, or a somali man in diaspora or Somalia who they actually know his akhlaaq. if that wasn't found then an ajnabi who is muslim.

Somali men reputation as ciyaal suuq and dead beat is widespread. Which is weird, like why Somali women are more sane, stable and successful by a big margin than Somali men?
Mixture of Somali mothers babying their sons while disciplining their daughters and the lack of fathers. Especially if the son is the baby of the family 💀

lots of the older generation men in the community are horrible fathers man. Either they just leave their wives for god knows what reason, or spend most of their time sipping tea at Tim Hortons having irl #FKDspot meetings instead of taking care of their kids lol. I can only think of 2 older Somali couple pairings in my life that have functioning loving marriages. The rest are moshup.

Sons in their teenage years need their fathers more then mothers. I know that in and out cause I was like that. It was so stressful choosing what my path in life would be after high school without a father to talk about it to :damn: Alx after some calcaling I had an adeero who acted like a father figure for me that helped me out in that regard but many niggas don’t have that option.

now to the hooyo bit. They treat their sons like ciyaal. Even my hooyo god bless her soul but she’s like this too 😭 can’t even cook cunto on my own without her trying to take control. Sometimes I come home from college or work and see my whole room rearranged and cleaned of all my papers and textbooks on the ground like I’m some 9 year old child kkk. I try my best to be independent but Somali hooyo are gonna Somali hooyo. Meanwhile the daughters are thrown to the woods the moment puberty hits :dead: this type of parenting leads to boys who can’t take of themselves. Imagine 25 year old Hibaaq marrying a nigga who can’t even wash his clothing properly? Wallahi I can’t imagine the utter turn off that is:damn:

TLDR: Somalis are Muslim AA’s.

I think Somali men are the least abusive in the Muslim community. One of the reasons why I’m not an advocate for IR is because for Somali women the grass isn’t greener. If you think Somali men are a problem, other Muslim communities are even worse. Unfortunately misogyny is the bread and butter of Eastern societies including our own but Asiatics take the crown and make Somali men look miskeen. So for her to say that Somali men are the most abusive is ridiculous and I’m not saying this to be charitable to Faraxs. I’m just honest and many on here can’t take my honesty.

However, we definitely have issues with dead beat men and neglectful ones. We also have issues with lack of loyalty and many men have one foot in and one foot out. I think anyone that has an atom’s worth of honesty would admit this.

Part of the blame also has to go to Somali women and how they raise their sons as well. Hence women aren’t innocent in this. I think us women need to stop being xasid towards each other and raise our sons the way we would want our daughter’s husband to be like. Instead, there is a conflict. Somali mothers (not all) baby their sons and couldn’t care less about their son’s future responsibilities towards their wife and kids but get mad when their daughter is married to an irresponsible man.

Last edited:

onEdge

Recovering from humiliation kink.
I think Somali men are the least abusive in the Muslim community. One of the reasons why I’m not an advocate for IR is because for Somali women the grass isn’t greener. If you think Somali men are a problem, other Muslim communities are even worse. Unfortunately misogyny is the bread and butter of Eastern societies including our own but Asiatics take the crown and make Somali men look miskeen. So for her to say that Somali men are the most abusive is ridiculous and I’m not saying this to be charitable to Faraxs. I’m just honest and many on here can’t take my honesty.

However, we definitely have issues with dead beat men and neglectful ones. We also have issues with lack of loyalty and many men have one foot in and one foot out. I think anyone that has an atom’s worth of honesty would admit this.

Part of the blame also has to go to Somali women and now they raise their sons as well. Hence women aren’t innocent in this. I think us women not to stop being xasid towards each other and raise our sons the way we would want our daughter’s husband to be like. Instead, there is a conflict. Somali mothers (not all) baby their sons and couldn’t care less about their son’s future responsibilities towards their wife and kids but get mad when their daughter is married to an irresponsible man.
I hope the gen z somali men will be better.

Part of the blame also has to go to Somali women and how they raise their sons as well. Hence women aren’t innocent in this. I think us women need to stop being xasid towards each other and raise our sons the way we would want our daughter’s husband to be like. Instead, there is a conflict. Somali mothers (not all) baby their sons and couldn’t care less about their son’s future responsibilities towards their wife and kids but get mad when their daughter is married to an irresponsible man.
Somalia by every metric isn't really that much better than the Middle East when it comes to woman's rights, not sure why this is such a reoccurring argument on this site but I think it's completely baseless and harbors extreme generalizations. Most Middle Eastern countries with the exception of Afghanistan and some places in South Asia have lower rates of FGM and fertility with higher rates of literacy and educational attainment. In places like Tunisia, Turkey and the Levant it's completely common for woman to not wear hijab and not face absurd level of harassment. So given all of this what are you even basing this argument off of? Just because some Somali men are being neglectful towards their wives and daughters isn't giving them "freedom" nor is it harboring a positive culture for woman, it's quite literally just being neglectful lol.

Last edited:

reer

VIP

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Backhanded but I’ll take the compliment

2FBFB7D1-F979-4A79-90D8-088EFAAE556A.jpeg

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Somalia by every metric isn't really that much better than the Middle East when it comes to woman's rights, not sure why this is such a reoccurring argument on this site but I think it's completely baseless and harbors extreme generalizations. Most Middle Eastern countries with the exception of Afghanistan and some places in South Asia have lower rates of FGM and fertility with higher rates of literacy and educational attainment. In places like Tunisia, Turkey and the Levant it's completely common for woman to not wear hijab and not face absurd level of harassment. So given all of this what are you even basing this argument off of? Just because some Somali men are being neglectful towards their wives and daughters isn't giving them "freedom" nor is it harboring a positive culture for woman, it's quite literally just being neglectful lol.

Tbh you can't really find that many stats on domestic violence and rape back home. We would need a stable government to collect info like this.

I got into an argument with a chick on clubhouse once after she claimed we were the rape capital of Africa :mindblown:.

There aren't that many countries in Africa that actually keep track of how many rapes are reported. It's mainly the more developed nations such as south Africa, Botswana, Kenya and morroco for example. Claiming we're the rape capital is insane.

In the west most of our diaspora are pretty miskeen members of society. The main ones causing trouble are the ciyaal suuq and even than they aren't raping or attacking women at high rates.

Also somalis don't typically engage in long term relationships before marriage compared to non Muslim ajnabis. So we don't have a bunch of young immature niggas with anger issues beating the shit out of young women they live with.
Since the age of marriage keeps rising most guys won't even move in with another women until they're 27+.

I personally feel like we got a bit lucky with our domestic violence stats here in the west. They would probably be higher if we had a bunch of young couples moving in with each other.

Low cases of forced marriages compared to other Muslim communities.
The freedom to choose husband
Women’s freedom of movement
Women’s freedom of voice
Higher rates of female businesses
Lower rates of physical DV.
Cultural intolerance of female physical abuse.
Hardly any cases of honor killing nor is it culturally acceptable.
Very little push back to female education. Majority of low literacy rates is due to poverty rather than culture.

You’ve been on this forum enough to know that I don’t believe that Somali society is an egalitarian utopian. I believe that Somali
Society is misogynistic but it’s no where near on the level of other Eastern societies. The way traditional Somali men view femininity for example is different. Something simple as a woman having a voice and being outspoken in terms of voicing her opinion isn’t controversial for us. It’s such a simple and small example but shows how different we are culturally. Somali society is an oxymoron in many ways. Don’t get me wrong, I do believe the freedoms of women Is tied to the fact that Somali men have relied on Somali women’s labor and the men have to give a bit of leeway since much of the burdens of work in terms of the family is left to the womenfolk is common.

Last edited:

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Mixture of Somali mothers babying their sons while disciplining their daughters and the lack of fathers. Especially if the son is the baby of the family 💀

lots of the older generation men in the community are horrible fathers man. Either they just leave their wives for god knows what reason, or spend most of their time sipping tea at Tim Hortons having irl #FKDspot meetings instead of taking care of their kids lol. I can only think of 2 older Somali couple pairings in my life that have functioning loving marriages. The rest are moshup.

Sons in their teenage years need their fathers more then mothers. I know that in and out cause I was like that. It was so stressful choosing what my path in life would be after high school without a father to talk about it to :damn: Alx after some calcaling I had an adeero who acted like a father figure for me that helped me out in that regard but many niggas don’t have that option.

now to the hooyo bit. They treat their sons like ciyaal. Even my hooyo god bless her soul but she’s like this too 😭 can’t even cook cunto on my own without her trying to take control. Sometimes I come home from college or work and see my whole room rearranged and cleaned of all my papers and textbooks on the ground like I’m some 9 year old child kkk. I try my best to be independent but Somali hooyo are gonna Somali hooyo. Meanwhile the daughters are thrown to the woods the moment puberty hits :dead: this type of parenting leads to boys who can’t take of themselves. Imagine 25 year old Hibaaq marrying a nigga who can’t even wash his clothing properly? Wallahi I can’t imagine the utter turn off that is:damn:

TLDR: Somalis are Muslim AA’s.
Holyshit you’ve been holding this in for awhile

Trending