BBC Witness looks back at the Ogaden War! WOW! Didn't know a whole lot of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
He is HG Cayr. He was 2nd in command after Samatar in the defence ministry.

You know the sad thing about even our witness to history, even if they were participatants, is that they are always influenced by their qabiil ties.

I listen to the interview and he portrayed Siyad Barre as a man without caution and reckless. That could be true but why do I think this guy relegating responsibility?

And on top of that it's hard for me to swallow the notion that the Soviets offered that much land that the Somali army conquered.

Hubble

VIP
Is their any evidence of the claim of 95% being offered or is it something he said? I'd like to hear from someone representing the Soviets about that claim.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Siyaad that dirty c*nt should've taken the deal. Fucking dameer

How are you quickly gonna believe this dude? These niggaz eventually were all enemies and wanted to kill one another for power. This is according to General Galal bc I doubt someone can literarily walk away from such a deal. If Siyad Barre walked away from such a deal then he is 20th century's dameer of the the century

Hubble

VIP
Would the Soviets even have the authority over such a deal? The answer is no. What I want to know is why they supported Ethiopia and gave them the victory.

waraabe

Your superior
It was an all round fucking incompetence. Why did the invasion take so long, why was it launched so late, why didn't the Arab cunts help.

waraabe

Your superior
Would the Soviets even have the authority over such a deal? The answer is no. What I want to know is why they supported Ethiopia and gave them the victory.

They were mediating, Somalia refused and kicked them out, they kicked somali ass

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
@UncleMenace Jan Galaal is very unpopular with Daroods in general. Some of them accuse him of being the reason we lost the War (saying he allowed the Army to mutineer and desert under his eye en masse because he didn't like Afwayne) but to your 2nd question yes he was in the USC. He rivalled Aideed as the HG henchman since he was pro Mahdi.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I don't have much knowledge of the ogaden war. All I know is we should have stopped at the ogaden region. InshAllah one day Somaliaweyne will actually happen.

Hubble

VIP
They were mediating, Somalia refused and kicked them out, they kicked somali ass

Did Mengistu agree? Was he even asked? Likely no so no deal was made. Remember Italy invaded Ethiopia before WW2 and there was an international outcry for invading a sovereign nation. Do you think those same people would've backtracked? Ethiopia was always going to keep Ogaden but they wanted to weaken us so they supported us a bit and then gave their unwavering backing to Ethiopia. They never wanted us to win. The IC also forcibly changed our constitution very recently and removed the aim of Greater Somalia from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.