BBC Witness looks back at the Ogaden War! WOW! Didn't know a whole lot of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Iraq helped Somalia actually.

The war against Ethiopia will always have conspiracy theories behind it. Some say he went to war because the Army was growing too powerful so he needed to keep them busy and preoccupied. That's why he called up many former enemies (Aideed, Yeezy etc) to lead the front lines hoping they'd die in the process.

Bruh knowing how sick dude was I wouldn't be surprised :dead1:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

The war against Ethiopia will always have conspiracy theories behind it. Some say he went to war because the Army was growing too powerful so he needed to keep them busy and preoccupied. That's why he called up many former enemies (Aideed, Yeezy etc) to lead the front lines hoping they'd die in the .

:damn::deadrose::deadmanny::dead: Waar odeyga master chess game player bu ahaa..plotting and eliminating :dead1:

http://www.hiiraan.com/op2/2010/sept/thanks_to_siad_barre_and_his_nationalist_government.aspx

I agreed with this article until he said;

Since you left us, the animals of USC, SNM, SSDF, SPM, destroyed the Somali republic, we all became refugees, our fish has been stolen and our waters has been dump place for humanity, the mooryaans of USC murded and raped the Somali people, the traitors of SSDF has now created Puntland an habashi slave state, the terrorists of SNM has done the same just with a fantasyland. We the Somali People miss you, we were something with you and animals with out you, 20 years since you left Somalia and we don’t have the brain to create any kind of law or order, the health care and education systems is destroyed, our women’s lives in the middle age, the enemies of the Somali people is controlling Somalia.

Seems like you can't get an objective view on Siyad, but I understand its a touchy subject.

Time 4 bed

Hubble

VIP

The war against Ethiopia will always have conspiracy theories behind it. Some say he went to war because the Army was growing too powerful so he needed to keep them busy and preoccupied. That's why he called up many former enemies (Aideed, Yeezy etc) to lead the front lines hoping they'd die in the process.

Shrooms shrooms.

There's a video @AbdiJohnson posted and one of our earliest leaders (and the SYL fyi) were not happy with a divided Somalia and wanted all lands returned. It was the collective effort of all Somalis to return all Somali lands to Somalis. There are photographs of demonstrations to return Hawd in SL pre independence. The idea that Barre concocted the desire for Somaliweyn is plain ridiculous but thanks for the laugh.

Hubble

VIP
http://www.hiiraan.com/op2/2010/sept/thanks_to_siad_barre_and_his_nationalist_government.aspx

I agreed with this article until he said;

Since you left us, the animals of USC, SNM, SSDF, SPM, destroyed the Somali republic, we all became refugees, our fish has been stolen and our waters has been dump place for humanity, the mooryaans of USC murded and raped the Somali people, the traitors of SSDF has now created Puntland an habashi slave state, the terrorists of SNM has done the same just with a fantasyland. We the Somali People miss you, we were something with you and animals with out you, 20 years since you left Somalia and we don’t have the brain to create any kind of law or order, the health care and education systems is destroyed, our women’s lives in the middle age, the enemies of the Somali people is controlling Somalia.

Seems like you can't get an objective view on Siyad, but I understand its a touchy subject.

Time 4 bed

The jist of it has substance but he's got daddy issues for Barre which need a professional.

waraabe

Your superior
Shrooms shrooms.

There's a video @AbdiJohnson posted and one of our earliest leaders (and the SYL fyi) were not happy with a divided Somalia and wanted all lands returned. It was the collective effort of all Somalis to return all Somali lands to Somalis. There are photographs of demonstrations to return Hawd in SL pre independence. The idea that Barre concocted the desire for Somaliweyn is plain ridiculous but thanks for the laugh.
Siyaad didn't come up with the stupid ridiculous somaliwayn idea, it was the dumb generation at the time who were all drinking Kool aid
It was pretty stupid and naive

Hubble

VIP
Siyaad didn't come up with the stupid ridiculous somaliwayn idea, it was the dumb generation at the time who were all drinking Kool aid
It was pretty stupid and naive

Where's the picture of (now) Somalilanders protesting for Hawd when you need it? It was before your time I guess but Somaliweyn was life or death before the war because after colonial powers left we couldn't believe that our land was given to Kenya, Ethiopia and that France still had Djibouti.

waraabe

Your superior
Where's the picture of (now) Somalilanders protesting for Hawd when you need it? It was before your time I guess but Somaliweyn was life or death before the war because after colonial powers left we couldn't believe that our land was given to Kenya, Ethiopia and that France still had Djibouti.

Well time to move on. Every man for himself. Good luck to all

I think it would've been a smarter move to train and support rebel groups inside of Ethiopia rather than invade it. The UN charter declares that war for conquest/annexation is illegal meaning any land we captured would have been view as illegally occupied by the international community.With the eventual collapse of the Derg, a Somali group could have secured Independence like the Eritreans and eventually join Somalia.

Somalia did that and supported the Oromo people but their leader rejected to kill his own people I will send you the link.

image.jpeg

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
In retrospect somaliweyn would've been our demise. Imagine the magnitude of the tribal wars that would've occurred if all the other clans in kilika shanaad djbouti and NFD joined the union :faysalwtf:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
In retrospect somaliweyn would've been our demise. Imagine the magnitude of the tribal wars that would've occurred if all the other clans in kilika shanaad djbouti and NFD joined the union :faysalwtf:

It would actually have made the country more stable, the main cause of the civil war was the defeat of the SNA and the subsequent demoralization of the officer class. If we had K5 and NFD we would gain the other half of the shabelle and Tana river. Somalia would have tripled its agricultural potential. We could then turn that into population growth, standing on an equal footing with Kenya and Ethiopia.

The best Somali inhabited land is outside Somalia, and that is sad
:francis:

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
It would actually have made the country more stable, the main cause of the civil war was the defeat of the SNA and the subsequent demoralization of the officer class. If we had K5 and NFD we would gain the other half of the shabelle and Tana river. Somalia would have tripled its agricultural potential. We could then turn that into population growth, standing on an equal footing with Kenya and Ethiopia.

The best Somali inhabited land is outside Somalia, and that is sad
:francis:

" the main cause of the civil war was the defeat of the SNA":childplease:.... the SNA was at war with its ppl before the "civil war", and they got a good wasmo. It would've been amplified wasmo if we included the other regions:drakegrin:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
All historians agree that Somalia's loss of the 77 war was the catalyst for the civil war. After losing that war, the regime became unpredictable and started to just execute officers in case they rebelled. That was when the various jabhads started to appear, ending the state's monopoly on violence.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Maxa meesha wasmo keenay?
:browtf::williamswtf:

waraabe

Your superior
All historians agree that Somalia's loss of the 77 war was the catalyst for the civil war. After losing that war, the regime became unpredictable and started to just execute officers in case they rebelled. That was when the various jabhads started to appear, ending the state's monopoly on violence.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Maxa meesha wasmo keenay?
:browtf::williamswtf:

He is correct, if more regions were involved, it would've been even a worse civil war with many more casualties

Luck was not on our side guys. As I listened to it I realized that fate was our enemy.

You see! The soviet admiral visited Mogadishu to instigate Somalia invade Ethiopia and that they will give them weapons. Around this time Sellasie bastard was still "the king of kings and the lion of Judah " and was diehard Western supporter.
Only if he was still on power in 1977 then we would've treated Ethiopia the way they are treating us now and with Ogaden as our 19th province. However, this was never to be a Marxist Leninist staged a coup d'etate :eminemdamn::jcoleno::jcoleno: soviet scrambled to take their offer from the table and begged and pleaded with Barre and even send Fidel Castro, Communist Yemen leader and even East Germany's high ranking officials to persuade Barre to change course. He refused

Actually it was Henry Kissinger that instigated the war and came to Mogadishu to get in Barre's head. The Soviets wanted to negotiate a deal between Somalia and Ethiopia but Barre went ahead and attacked with a lot of civilian support for the war. There is a book that touches on this but the name escapes me right now..

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The Soviet deal was to literally have Ethiopia annex Somalia, I'm not even joking. They called MSB arrogant for refusing.

:mindblown:

The Ogaden war was a just war, unfortunately the limp wristed peanut farmer didn't have the balls to challenge the Soviets. If only based Reagan were in office.

:kendrickcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.