Caribbean Black Woman Vents About the Dysfunction in Her Community. Would You Say the Same Applies to Ours?

I don’t see it to that extent happening in our community. Yes, there is a huge drug problem happening in the Somali community especially pertaining to the youth, but on the other spectrum you also see young Somalis building a career for themselves and getting married ect.

Why you always have some negative threads? All gender and race wars 😂
I love drama
Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Statistically ciyaalsuuq bums usually tend to be a byproduct of lower IQ/income and affects everyone in the family including woman, just in non-violent ways.
This trope of the doctor sister with a felon brother is disingenuous and is not grounded in reality

Statistically ciyaalsuuq bums usually tend to be a byproduct of lower IQ/income and affects everyone in the family including woman, just in non-violent ways.
This trope of the doctor sister with a felon brother is disingenuous and is not grounded in reality
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I laughed at your comment because sadly I’m of a Gen in which a few sons of family friends got locked up, had to go through daqan celis or due to messing around in their youth and hanging out with local dealers haven’t lived up to their potential but 8/10 times the sisters have degrees and the younger bothers are doing a lot better then the older.

As for low ‘income’ most Somalis in the UK were low income at one point with some doing better than others but for the most part we’ve always been working class.

It isn’t a ‘myth’ it’s what I saw in the 2000s and 2010s.

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Another anti men thread, the kaafirad and her feminist minions certainly are working overtime. Just completely divest and leave our community alone.

I laughed at your comment because sadly I’m of a Gen in which a few sons of family friends got locked up, had to go through daqan celis or due to messing around in their youth and hanging out with local dealers haven’t lived up to their potential but 8/10 times the sisters have degrees and the younger bothers are doing a lot better then the older.

As for low ‘income’ most Somalis in the UK were low income at one point with some doing better than others but for the most part we’ve always been working class.

It isn’t a ‘myth’ it’s what I saw in the 2000s and 2010s.
It's one thing to say that it happens but it's another thing to insinuate that's a general trend among low-income Somali or other Black/Black immigrant households. If it's the latter you'll have to bring up data since everything I've read goes against that

It's one thing to say that it happens but it's another thing to insinuate that's a general trend among low-income Somali or other Black/Black immigrant households. If it's the latter you'll have to bring up data since it goes against that
We have no data but believe me, if we did it wouldn’t look pretty. My argument is purely anecdotal, but when hundreds if not thousands of people have noticed a similar trend, there is an element of truth. It really isn’t the propaganda of so called ‘bitter’ feminists. Even parents note a similar thing and we have a marriage crisis due to this in our community for the 27+ age group due to that exact reason. I grew up in a time in which a lot of boys of family friends were either banged up or sent packing by family. I grew up with so many guys that either went to prison, had a brush with gangs with some even stabbed and had to go through that to actually grow the hell up ect. These boys came from GOOD families as well. Not all of them were from single mother homes and their dads struggled with them as well. Most Somalis are working class.

My theory is that Somalis weren’t able to acclimatize being in the West and the older gen of boys paid the price. In my area now most of the under 28 boys are doing very well and are on par if not better than the girls.

Last edited:
@Afeik_Abiy

As much as I come for dead beat Somali fathers ect when I actually think about it, I know Somali fathers who did actually try with their kids still be victims of having wayward sons. Some have personally took their sons back home and have tried to put them on the straight and narrow. I suppose for some it worked as whilst their sons might not the most educated, they’ve saved them from jail.