Christian Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
GodKnowsBest, but you insist you like Cadaan(it is there under your avatar). I knew something was off a bit. How do you plan on marrying a Somali?

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
GodKnowsBest, but you insist you like Cadaan(it is there under your avatar). I knew something was off a bit. How do you plan on marrying a Somali?
I have decided not to. I decided not to long ago, unless my current love falls out I have no reason to marry a farax. If the relationship ends and I still decide to marry and I decide to marry a faarax, he will be a secular one. He can still be Muslim but his faith must be loose and he must understand the implications of his religion.

Our forefathers were likely not Muslim 300 years ago. We were still secular in the 60s.

You haven't read Somali History obviously. Plus you confuse a secular government ruling over a muslim society with the muslim population's religion. The two are different things. Government can push for an ideology different from the population culture and religion.

Last edited:

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Surely you all have seen or have stories passed down from secular Somalia. It was nothing like Siad Barre's totalitarian regime or the Al-Shabaab/ISIS control that is currently in place.

Although secular Somalia was beautiful, one that would be focused on God would have been ideal. With the absence of God, murderers, cannibalism, and tribalism is rampant. The power vacuum after the totalitarian regime gave way to a power vacuum that now is headed by and Islam focused society that conducts beheadings, stoning of women and gays and a shackled country.

I propose that the one and only God, Father of Abraham, Moses and Jesus, who through him introduced his Son and the Earth's saviour the Lord Jesus Christ be introduced to Somalia so that peace can be restored in both the country and the hearts of the people. Amen.

Nice trolling skills

You haven't read Somali History obviously. Plus you confuse a secular government ruling over a muslim society. The two are different things. Government can push for an ideology different from the population culture and religion.
Most of these people don't know shit about Somali history but I don't blame them I blame their parents

I have decided not to. I decided not to long ago, unless my current love falls out I have no reason to marry a farax. If the relationship ends and I still decide to marry and I decide to marry a faarax, he will be a secular one. He can still be Muslim but his faith must be loose and he must understand the implications of his religion.

Good luck with your cadaan guy. You have a very long shot otherwise. You better be married to him though as a Christian or you are fornicating.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Good luck with your cadaan guy. You have a very long shot otherwise. You better be married to him though as a Christian or you are fornicating.
I have not saved myself all these years to waste having my first time on a man I'm not married to.

Just like how secular European countries recognise the cultural importance of their Judeo-Christian heritage likewise a future, secular Somalia should respect it's Islamic heritage.

Islam is what helped solidify Somali identify since the middle ages just like how Christianity influenced habesha identify.

It isn't a surprise that the first recorded instance of the word 'somali' came from an abysinnian hymn celebrating the defeat (with Portuguese help) of the somali adal army which mostly consisted of ethnic Somalis united in Islamic fervour and not individual qabils.

Last edited:
Being Somali is blood deep. Nice try you sinner.

Yes, And the culture of Somalis which is based on Islam keeps the blood bond stronger as well. The two go hand in hand. Ask Somalis around who pride themselves in being a Somali in all aspects. They won't shy away to tell you that you have given up your right to their society twice.

And we are all sinners including yourself, no one is perfect. That is why the door of repentance is always open until one dies.

Before you pull that Jesus died for my SiNS CLAIM, think logical. If someone's sins and crimes were being forgiven because they call/see themselves a/as Christian, then many who committed horrendous crimes and were Christians would go to heaven.

God is just and holds every human being accountable for what they do. There is No free card to heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.