Clan miscegenation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
Well, it seems most ppl on here are accepting, but irl presents the possibility of real clan biases.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Well, it seems most ppl on here are accepting, but irl presents the possibility of real clan biases.
The vast majority of people born or raised in the west don't give a f*ck about qabil. It's our parents generation that is prejudiced towards other clans.

VixR

Veritas
The vast majority of people born or raised in the west don't give a f*ck about qabil. It's our parents generation that is prejudiced towards other clans.
Yeah, my parents are definitely biased, esp some particular uncles of mine. And I've seen it pass on, but you're right that many young ppl don't care.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
So I recently found out nearly all of my great grandmothers were non Marehan :icon lol:

Though those clans all have beautiful women ur view is very waqooyi-centric. I can't blame you though because you're basing it on your observations. Not many people know this but apparently the most dimes are found in Hiiraan amongst the Baadicadde, Gaaljecel and Xawaadle clans. I have only ever met two Baadicadde women in my life and wallahi both of them were stunners.

In general though all the clans are pretty much the same phenotypically speaking, so you'll find dimes, average ones and uglies across all the clans and across all inter-qabiil marriages.

I have heard the same about xawaadles. Also madhibaans are said to be very attractive aswell.

Lmfaooo @ this thread. Some people should lay off the khaat for a bit to clear their minds. Miscegenation kulaha. Wtf?

Anyway, my family are all the same qabiil except for one of my great grandma's who was Hawiye. Its all good, I have family members of all qabiils really, at the end of the day, we're still fam.

Lmfaooo @ this thread. Some people should lay off the khaat for a bit to clear their minds. Miscegenation kulaha. Wtf?

Anyway, my family are all the same qabiil except for one of my great grandma's who was Hawiye. Its all good, I have family members of all qabiils really, at the end of the day, we're still fam.

It all depends where you are from. You are unlikely to have much Hawiye descent if your clan is bordered by isaaqs and Daroods for instance. But what almost always happens is that people marry from neighbouring clans (different sub clans or from different clan families).

Do your grandparents come from the same sub clans or from the same regions (banadir, mudug, etc.)? I would be surprised if they all do tbh.

maestro

Cultural revolution
"Guur waa shisheeye". It used to be taboo to seek marriage from your clan or subclan atleast. I'm sure it was as @Abdalla said. Before the divide and conquer by the Europeans clan inbreeding was rare.

Unfortunately been born in the heat of the civil war my parents didn't trust or like other Qabils so they married from the same clan but different subclans.

However, my grandmothers show when there is no extreme enemity that we intermarry more. one is Sacad HG and the other is Samaroon. Their mothers were HY and Mareexan

But atleast nowadays I think the extreme enemity of the 90s has stopped and things are back to normal. Most of my uncles and aunts married non Ogaden. My oldest sister is married to Dhulbahante and I have a brother who married a Xawadle woman just last October.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I am a product of clan miscegenation and I think I turned out just fine.Marrying from different qabils is indeed a beautiful thing.:dabcasar:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
My dad wants me to marry from our own clan because he thinks it's ideal as in if anything goes wrong the elders can put you guys in your place.I laughed it off and said Naaah

VixR

Veritas
I

Mashallah you have very wise uncles and parents
:mjlol:
Only I agree with Kultakala on this matter. I think its wise to marry outside your clan. I've always said that on here, but actually the only Somali guy I ever liked was SLer, and they in turn liked that about him :mjlol: My family has already wrecked a couple relationships that way. I've already decided, if it turns out I connect with someone outside their biases, I'm not letting their flimsy guidelines affect me.

Status
Not open for further replies.