Cultural appropriation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again cultural appropriation since when Guntiino is Part of Oromo cultural attire. The weird things is Somalis are sitting and cheering for it. We became doormat people are stealing our land resources and Bantu Oromo are claiming our history culture. And Somalis are smiling and cheering for them and calling them my brothers. This event was full of Somalis sitting and watching. No wonder Eritea person will lie and claim land of punt and Somalis will smile and nod their heads.

Please uneducated people should not comment here
anigif_enhanced-28338-1403783706-3.gif

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
Aren't Somalis appropriating an Arab culture? I don't see why it's a big deal. Anyway, are they doing the Dhaanto? That's off limits son. That's my peoples dance!

Aren't Somalis appropriating an Arab culture? I don't see why it's a big deal. Anyway, are they doing the Dhaanto? That's off limits son. That's my peoples dance!
Do you first of all Arab culture? Which Arab? Arab are 22 countries including Somalia / Djibouti may I know which one you talking?

Stop wearing fucking arab tents then!
French and German do not wear their tradition clothes expect on occasion should UK people steal it and claimed to themselves? My neighbor does not use his lawn mower expect the summer should I steal it? He only uses in summer only?

They sing and dance dhaanto in Ethiopian I saw some videos long time ago. But you did not answer which Arab culture Somalis are claiming? And explain to me the Arab culture that you saw it in Somalis people? Enlighten us and share your info

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
They sing and dance dhaanto in Ethiopian I saw some videos long time ago. But you did not answer which Arab culture Somalis are claiming? And explain to me the Arab culture that you saw it in Somalis people? Enlighten us and share your info
Let me give you a hint: Religion.

-Wearing the toori on the waist (Yemeni )
-Macawiis (even the word is Yemeni arabic)
-playing the kaban or cuud (Yemeni )

There's really to many things to name that we borrowed from the Arabs aside from the more major influences (language)

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
Somalis appropriate Oromo and Habesha culture. Stop eating anjeero (injera), stop copying their dances, stop drinking coffee, tell niggas in Somalia/Somaliland to stop drinking Ethiopian beer, stop having a federal government, etc. Stop appropriating our neighbors culture and cuisine.

I don't mind the appropriation of culture, I see it as a major form of respect that someone alters their customs according to your culture:kobeok:

-Wearing the toori on the waist (Yemeni )
-Macawiis (even the word is Yemeni arabic)
-playing the kaban or cuud (Yemeni )

There's really to many things to name that we borrowed from the Arabs aside from the more major influences (language)
Again learn to read before you comment!! I am talking about Guntiino and female dress attire the clothes and color pattern. Again please stop embarrassing yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts