Djibouti Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
I was once lost somewhere in Djibouti city and asked people for directions. Only after like seven different tries did I manage to find someone who speaks Somali.

The Somali language is dead there.
Maybe they were Afar?

I was once lost somewhere in Djibouti city and asked people for directions. Only after like seven different tries did I manage to find someone who speaks Somali.

The Somali language is dead there.
Lol they speak Somali but not your weird dialect boowe

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
Post french colonies are messed up. No matter what they all will start speaking french meanwhile countries colonized by italy or UK still speak their mother tongue and sometimes even abandon the colonial language all together
Italian, yes - English tho o_O

Khathead

tfw no habesha gf
Liberians and sierra leoneans are african americans that were sent back to africa so it makes sense they'd speak english. as for nigeria theres too many seperate languages and they wouldn't be able to function that way.
Not all of them and as far as I know it only happened in Liberia

Trust me, those people did not speak Somali at all.

In Hargeisa that would have never happened.
I had to act as an interpreter for a Somalian Djiboutian woman once.the interviewer said she spoke French too ,so apparently my help was not neeeed .i was called back in five minutes later as the interviewer could not understand her Broken af shimbir French . Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.