Do you rep somalinimo before your Qabil?

Somalinimo before Qabil or qabil before somalinimo

• Somalinimo before Qabil

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Qabil before somalinimo

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Both at the same time

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
I rep my Qabil and state before somalinimo after extensive internal dialogue and conversations with family and relatives, for those wishing to inquire. Not that I mean harm or jealousy towards Somalis of other Qabils, but in this world itā€™s those closest to you who are your benefactors and helpers.
clan is just extended family. Another Isxaaq to me is a distant or close cousin depending on levels of abtirsi.

Somaalinimo is different. Its my nation. My country. My people. To me they're not even comparable. They are 2 different things.

The problem with Somalis is that they can't diffenerate between family & nation. Until you niggas learn to that, expect more civil war.

Somalis like you are trash it is the reason Somalis will never be great and we will cease to exist as a people in a few centuries I wish you would wake up and realize this stupid qabil shit is fake and backwards thinking.

Somalis like you are trash it is the reason Somalis will never be great and we will cease to exist as a people in a few centuries I wish you would wake up and realize this stupid qabil shit is fake and backwards thinking.
Me not AS? Not the Egyptians and Ethiopians? You need to wake up and smell the coffee instead of the fake outrage and plastic patriotismā€¦.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Qabils have deep, intricate histories. Before colonialism, many functioned as micro-nations, governing themselves with a sense of sovereignty. The weaponization of qabil and the conflicts that followed have certainly marred these histories, but that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m going to forget my roots. There is richness and complexity to be embraced.

Iā€™ve observed that Gadabuursi/Samaroon youth in the diaspora tend to be among the most apolitical Somalis Iā€™ve met. Many only know their jilib and often discover their Gadabuursi or Dir identity later on. This reflects that the parents don't do much to transmit information about their roots in the diaspora to their children.

On the positive side, there is a broader micro-cultural tendency toward humility, which Iā€™ve noticed among both the Gadabuursi and the Cissa. Despite their fascinating histories, neither clan has a culture of boasting about their originsā€”doing so is considered taboo. Humility is prized, with quiet pride replacing overt displays of identity.

That said, Iā€™m not the type to ignore the negative aspects of the past to indulge in romanticism. Thereā€™s a balance to be struck in integrating both the light and dark elements of what a clan represents. Acknowledging both provides a more honest relationship with the past and lays a foundation for doing better in the future. Clinging to delusion is something I find particularly off-putting.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Move past qabil. The world is much bigger than your dusty village in the middle of god knows where
You donā€™t have to disregard your roots or origins. The sanctimonious tone of ā€œget over your dusty villageā€ doesnā€™t strengthen your argument. You sound oddly like a colonial update. Colonials didnā€™t care about qabil; they undermined it and stoked conflicts between rival clans. This perspective undervalues the significance of clan identity and its historical role in social organization. It also diminishes indigenous practices and values, promoting a homogenization that overlooks the rich, diverse clan contexts.

You donā€™t have to disregard your roots or origins. The sanctimonious tone of ā€œget over your dusty villageā€ doesnā€™t strengthen your argument. You sound oddly like a colonial update. Colonials didnā€™t care about qabil; they undermined it and stoked conflicts between rival clans. This perspective undervalues the significance of clan identity and its historical role in social organization. It also diminishes indigenous practices and values, promoting a homogenization that overlooks the rich, diverse clan contexts.

I understand your point however you must realise that tribalism in modern Somalia is a cancer stunting growth and development of the country. Clan Identity is something that should be evolved away from, only maintaining it for personal matters not including it in politics.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I understand your point however you must realise that tribalism in modern Somalia is a cancer stunting growth and development of the country. Clan Identity is something that should be evolved away from, only maintaining it for personal matters not including it in politics.
I agree that tribalism is an issue. I wonā€™t deny that. In the political arena, I would certainly favour a focus on competency over clan affiliation. While Iā€™m not sure what the best course of action is, mass education should be a key step towards moving away from the excessive veneration of clans and towards more merit-based systems.