Eritrean Diaspora Completely Embrace Madow Culture

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
I deadass copied the link to this tweet and was about to post it on here as a warning against low income housing.

Keep it a boqol

All Praise Be To Allah In Every Situation!!!
VIP
This is why keeping your deen is very important espcially if we arrive to the west. The African immigrant to delenquite hood rat archetype pipeline is real. Seen this happen to horners and west Africans frr

Last edited:

seldiboy

On the whole I don’t think Eritreans are bad at all. Granted I am from the UK and this is taking place in the US so I maybe a bit optimistic. For context, this grave she is being filmed by belonged to her brother who was a junior priest in the Orthodox Tewahado Church. He sadly died in a car crash. Both here parents were/are very pious Christians (her mother died of cancer a few years back). All her habesha friends have dropped her (I think there is even a video of a physical altercation between them). As a result she was adopted by some madow sheboons and she has took on their culture.

I think the fact that this video has gone viral is somewhat of a testament that Eritreans are on the whole OK. If this was commonplace, the video wouldn’t come off as so shocking

seldiboy

@Javelin nah, xelemti literally means black. There is a different but rarely used word that refers to rough hair but It’s beyond me at this point

The non fob habeshas are completely assimilated to the madow culture where I live. The recent immigrants not so much, they stay to themselves. But the ones born here..you wouldn’t know they were habesha until you find out their names. They act super western. I think bc they’re also Christians they tend to mingle more with the Christian madow community and take their culture more. When you think about it islam has helped us so much to maintain our culture here in the west

seldiboy

The non fob habeshas are completely assimilated to the madow culture where I live. The recent immigrants not so much, they stay to themselves. But the ones born here..you wouldn’t know they were habesha until you find out their names. They act super western. I think bc they’re also Christians they tend to mingle more with the Christian madow community and take their culture more. When you think about it islam has helped us so much to maintain our culture here in the west
nah it’s the opposite tbh. The woman in this video is a FOB btw. Those born here tend to be assimilated into American culture but not necessarily madow culture. The habeshas born abroad tend to be churchgoing. On the other hand, FOBs tend to be the welfare types who try emulating madow culture as they see it to be cool. They tend to be the ones committing crime, doing drugs etc

seldiboy

I’ve never met an eritreans woman that’s with an eritrean man. They’re like asian women.
They go for Nigerian men (the American ones anyway) then try and settle with an Eritrean guy. If I found out my prospective wife got with a madow, im kicking her to the curb

Keep it a boqol

All Praise Be To Allah In Every Situation!!!
VIP
nah it’s the opposite tbh. The woman in this video is a FOB btw. Those born here tend to be assimilated into American culture but not necessarily madow culture. The habeshas born abroad tend to be churchgoing. On the other hand, FOBs tend to be the welfare types who try emulating madow culture as they see it to be cool. They tend to be the ones committing crime, doing drugs etc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

World

VIP
They go for Nigerian men (the American ones anyway) then try and settle with an Eritrean guy. If I found out my prospective wife got with a madow, im kicking her to the curb
Even my pakistani and algerian friends have been with eritreans, they’re so easy.

Here in the Uk i’ve seen them with somalis, madows, mixed race, south asians, arabs, and even filipinos. i only know one that is with an eritrean man, but they’re both refugees that came last 5-6 years i met them in uni. they got married and are religious.

Trending