Favorite Somali names for my future children

You have some mad hate for Arabs.

What they do to you ?

Carry on please :sass2:

Have love for ethnic names sure, but think what that name would do for the kid if they live outside Somalia.

Always watch the language and words this kaffirs use: islamic names=Arabic names, that's how they want you to think.
Abdullahi, Abdirahman and Muhammad etc are NOT Arabic names but Islamic names. You can give Somali names to your kids without antagonizing Islamic names.
Be warned my Brothers and Sisters in Islam. There is NO Arab hate this is Islamic hate.

Always watch the language and words this kaffirs use: islamic names=Arabic names, that's how they want you to think.
Abdullahi, Abdirahman and Muhammad etc are NOT Arabic names but Islamic names. You can give Somali names to your kids without antagonizing Islamic names.
Be warned my Brothers and Sisters in Islam. There is NO Arab hate this is Islamic hate.
Waa kugu raacsanahay sxb, ishaa katuurtay.

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
Why do people prefer Arabic name? Think of your kids future resumes and employment prospects lol
because people don't see them as arabic names anymore. and i see where they're coming from. like even though they were originally arab names, now they've lost that and are seen as islamic names. it's like saying why do somali men wear pants and shirts, why not wear the traditional clothes. if you told that to a somali he'd look at u weird cuz nobody thinks like that.

Somalis suffer some sort of inferiority when it comes to names from Arab cultures , they assume Cabdulaahi or Maxamud will make to jannatul firdowsa before calasow or qowdhan, it's more tragic now with the TV programs from Turkey which introduced them with Erdogan or Orgun and sheeet like that, a name is your identity, Qahtan in Saudi Arabia would not name his kid yalaxow or guuled 😞

You are so obsessed with Somali nationalism. Everyone is free to name their children. Have you seen Ethiopians reject Christian names or Europeans reject Hebrew names?

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
I am gonna name my eldest son a typically Arab name like Amr or Hashem, then I’ll put a massive trust fund to fund their future Somali presidential campaign.

Might even add a white middle name like Mark.

:umad:

Somalis suffer some sort of inferiority when it comes to names from Arab cultures , they assume Cabdulaahi or Maxamud will make to jannatul firdowsa before calasow or qowdhan, it's more tragic now with the TV programs from Turkey which introduced them with Erdogan or Orgun and sheeet like that, a name is your identity, Qahtan in Saudi Arabia would not name his kid yalaxow or guuled 😞
Thats why i moke these self hating idiots

For names though I love names like Hirsi, Fartuun, Farhiya and Ulluso.

TBH kids I have would be named Islamically most likely though Yunis, Issa, Abdullah, Sumaya, Jamila and Jamal.
Fartun is an Italian name short for Fortuna. We gotta weed out these coloniser names

I would love to see more ethnic names being used. Wallahi the names actually sound super cool especially when you know what it means.

I have had this discussion in real life with my siblings and family friends, I don’t know if I’ll live long enough to get married or have kids so I am trying to inspire people to use ethnic names as much as possible, even if it means someone getting to name their kid with a name I had intentions naming my children. (I love unique names my siblings all have very unique names that not too many Somalis use. Some ethnic and some Islamic. Believe it or not names can have an effect on a child. This is why the Prophet told some Sahaba to change their names and some of their children’s names. For example Names like War and difficulty were used and he would advise the Arabs to change these names. He also May peace be upon him wouldn’t settle the army in certain places if they had negative names and would continue marching till he found a better place, kinda like a positive omen you could say.

Believe it or not my Mum named me one of my favourite ethnic Somali names but my Habryar persuaded my mum to name me the name I have which I’m happy with because it’s an Islamic name that not too many people have.

Try to have these discussions with people as much as possible without trying to put them down by saying your self hater …

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
There is definitely arab names that are specific to them like Jamal, Haider and Al Harith.

There is nothing wrong with naming your child with the name of one of our prophets or with one of the names of Allah SWT. Outside of these two categories you should give your son a traditional somali name.

For daughters, same thing, a great woman role model in Islam or traditional somali name.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Is the name Afrah traditionallh somali, I don’t have the capacity to state whether its somali or not.

Traditional somali male names I have always liked are Shuriye, Diriye, Afrah, Dalmar, Hilowle, Guleed and Halane

I would love to see more ethnic names being used. Wallahi the names actually sound super cool especially when you know what it means.

I have had this discussion in real life with my siblings and family friends, I don’t know if I’ll live long enough to get married or have kids so I am trying to inspire people to use ethnic names as much as possible, even if it means someone getting to name their kid with a name I had intentions naming my children. (I love unique names my siblings all have very unique names that not too many Somalis use. Some ethnic and some Islamic. Believe it or not names can have an effect on a child. This is why the Prophet told some Sahaba to change their names and some of their children’s names. For example Names like War and difficulty were used and he would advise the Arabs to change these names. He also May peace be upon him wouldn’t settle the army in certain places if they had negative names and would continue marching till he found a better place, kinda like a positive omen you could say.

Believe it or not my Mum named me one of my favourite ethnic Somali names but my Habryar persuaded my mum to name me the name I have which I’m happy with because it’s an Islamic name that not too many people have.

Try to have these discussions with people as much as possible without trying to put them down by saying your self hater …
I undestand wallaho but your name is part of your identity and culture.

Bille

Sidii roon Raba og
Is the name Afrah traditionallh somali, I don’t have the capacity to state whether its somali or not.

Traditional somali male names I have always liked are Shuriye, Diriye, Afrah, Dalmar, Hilowle, Guleed and Halane

I'm surprised I thought Afrah was Somali traditional name given to the boys! But according to Google It's Arabic female name, it's also a Hebrew female name.

Hayaaaaay Farah is also Arabic female name sometimes maleπŸ˜‚

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I'm surprised I thought Afrah was Somali traditional name given to the boys! But according to Google It's Arabic female name, it's also a Hebrew female name.

Hayaaaaay Farah is also Arabic female name sometimes maleπŸ˜‚

Thats why Im confused, maybe its just a coincidence

Trending