galmudug population vs bay population

cow

VIP
bay - number of households = 343979
galmudug - number of households = 185869

galmudug has head of nisa, more important ministers and 8 senators.
1708891864777.png

1708891799875.png

It's nothing surprising. The most fertile regions will have greater population than the arid ones, same as in other regions like Middle Shabelle. There is a reason why Raxanweyn are the same size as Hawiye or Darood even though they primarily live in two regions only.

cow

VIP
It's nothing surprising. The most fertile regions will have greater population than the arid ones, same as in other regions like Middle Shabelle. There is a reason why Raxanweyn are the same size as Hawiye or Darood even though they primarily live in two regions only.
is it fair for galmudug to have 8 senators when bay alone is close to double the population?

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Raxanweyn love In 2 regions?

Digil iyo mirifle live in 6 regions. Baay, Bakool, Shabeelada hoose, Gedo, Jubbada dhexe and Jubbada Hoose. We also have population all over Somalia, including Banaadir which hosts over a million Reewins.

is it fair for galmudug to have 8 senators when bay alone is close to double the population?
I feel for beesha D&M but this is how the world works. If you don't fight for your rights, you won't get anything. They have got used to being sidelined when in reality they should be claiming what the 3 other major clans get.

Raxanweyn love In 2 regions?

Digil iyo mirifle live in 6 regions. Baay, Bakool, Shabeelada hoose, Gedo, Jubbada dhexe and Jubbada Hoose. We also have population all over Somalia, including Banaadir which hosts over a million Reewins.
Hence why I said primarily.

cow

VIP
a lot of people like to qoute this fake poplulation by district - which was created by ngo using baised sources

1708892793101.png

mohamedismail

I feel for beesha D&M but this is how the world works. If you don't fight for your rights, you won't get anything. They have got used to being sidelined when in reality they should be claiming what the 3 other major clans get.
So you are telling me Somalia isn't a fair country. It is basically strongest takes everything.

I know this is the case. I just don't like the fact you are making it seem like it is okay instead of acknowledging there is a problem
There is a problem. If it wasn't a problem Somalia wouldn't be so divided and the 1991 civil war wouldn't have happened. You can't expect to have everything handed to you on a gold plate though.

The Raxanwein suffered from bad leadership. They should have made a unified demand for representation equal to that of both Darod and Hawiye, and the chance to be elected for the highest position in the country.

Bay, Bakool are their heartlands, with very well a plurality in Lower Shabelle. They have the population but not the neccesary spread on land. One thing they do have is that they live in the most fertile region, we might very well have the Raxanwein be the largest clan in Somalia proper within two-generations.

Truth is, though, the clan is less structured because it's a confederation of loosely affiliated sedentary clans. There are even tribes within the clan that are Darod or Samaale in origin within the confederation. Unification needs to happen within so that you can project strength outside.

mohamedismail

The Raxanwein suffered from bad leadership. They should have made a unified demand for representation equal to that of both Darod and Hawiye, and the chance to be elected for the highest position in the country.

Bay, Bakool are their heartlands, with very well a plurality in Lower Shabelle. They have the population but not the neccesary spread on land. One thing they do have is that they live in the most fertile region, we might very well have the Raxanwein be the largest clan in Somalia proper within two-generations.
You hit the nail on the heard! 🎯🎯

But I believe that Digil and Mirifle are already the majority clan in Somalia, when it comes to the ''7'' region of Somalia. Obviously there hasn't been any census that has been done, many that have travelled throughout Somalia estimate that D&M is the largest singular clan and far larger then Hawiye and Daarood.

Trending