Garowe city council election results

Is PL not a part of Somalia ? Am I not a son of Samale ? Then why wouldn’t my input matter.

Don’t worry I won’t take your incoming hypocrisy, to heart.

The issue with you so-called Somali nationalists, is that you live in an alternate dimension. This is Somalia, we need certain systems to maintain the fragile stability we have today. It is absolutely ridiculous to allow unrestricted movement of clans into areas that is not traditionally theirs, as history has taught us, this is recipe for a clan war.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
Liar Wow GIF

Hate to bring it to you bud, but that’s not a thing. Either use the system correctly or don’t. Somali characteristics kulaha 💀
Every country has characteristics. For example, Japanese democracy is not exactly the same as American democracy. Because it has Japanese characteristics. Or Chinese communism is different from what Soviet communism was. Because it has Chinese characteristics.

All these seats are symbolic and handpicked by the political parties. If there was 1M1V and everyone knew which candidates to vote for, and people voted along clan lines, there would be far more seats for MJ clans. This is the truth.

The real reason why political parties select their people, and have closed-lists, is to avoid the 'waa nala dhacay' (when in reality, some clans are just a lot larger in numbers). People would take to the streets and their clan elders would scream into microphones.

Long story short; political appeasement and symbolism of 'Somali' unity.
which clans would be complaining ? I think parties picked candidates that could get them the most votes

Yusuf M

PuntExit
The issue with you so-called Somali nationalists, is that you live in an alternate dimension. This is Somalia, we need certain systems to maintain the fragile stability we have today. It is absolutely ridiculous to allow unrestricted movement of clans into areas that is not traditionally theirs, as history has taught us, this is recipe for a clan war.
Absolutely, that's my whole argument. I'm not a hateful person. Just oppose future conflicts. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

All non-MJ clans would complain, in Bari, Nugaal and Mudug. The only place there would be no complaints about demographic based voting, is Sanaag. That's why they have closed-lists.

(Sool and Cayn are Khatumo) so I left that out.
I think you are minimizing the demographic weight of the other clans in those regions tbh they probably could hold their own remember bari nugaal and mudug are more diverse then ssc region and Sanaag

Last edited:
There hasn't been a proper reconciliation in Somalia. There hasn't been a fair nationwide political system accepted. So you're just asking for trouble bringing in large hostile alien population to your region and giving them voting rights. Eventually, their population will increase and if they're is a konfur guy and reer PL guy running for office, which candidates do you think the konfur voters will vote for?
And as their population continues to grow, they'll out vote you and out number you in your own land. This is why I strongly believe voting and representation should ONLY be for locals And by the way, I believe this should applies to every region. My opinion is not cunsuri. It is common sense to safe guard your region's stability and your existence. Otherwise you'll end up like the Palestinians or even worse Native American tribes. The whole point of democracy and elections kulaha. War ninyahow, this is Somalia. Western liberal mindset doesn't work there. That shit is gonna get you killed.
So, your concern is ingress migration eventually displacing and out-populating the locals? What is the likelihood of that happening considering .So being a thinly populated nation to start with? Has that happened post 90s with large influx of displaced people from the South? What are the percentages of locals vs settlers post 90s?

Yusuf M

PuntExit
So, your concern is ingress migration eventually displacing and out-populating the locals? What is the likelihood of that happening considering .So being a thinly populated nation to start with? Has that happened post 90s with large influx of displaced people from the South? What are the percentages of locals vs settlers post 90s?
You don't want to take any risks. Plus, it is not just folks from the south. It is also large movement of Oromos from Ethiopia. All the big cities of PL are full of them.

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
First of all love I’m a patriot, clearly say’s that in my bio. Second of all, the clan wars are over. This benighted mentality your generation has is the sole reason why Somalia is in a perpetual state of instability. Clans acting like independent states, putting the national security of the country in jeopardy, causing chaos and destruction to the “their” citizens, all whilst putting on this facade of amalgamation.

This beloved system of your’s has been put in place for decades, what fruitful attainments has come to fruition exactly ? Has the nation united ? Has the nation progressed in any manner ? The fact of the matter is. This tribal combatant confederacy, has stagnated the nation and sent it back 50 years. And your solution is to accelerate the destruction of Somalia by allowing it to further go down this rabbit hole it’s currently in.

Saying all this whilst living in another man’s land I bet 💀 brilliant, good talk.

Last edited:

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
Every country has characteristics. For example, Japanese democracy is not exactly the same as American democracy. Because it has Japanese characteristics. Or Chinese communism is different from what Soviet communism was. Because it has Chinese characteristics.
Japan is a constitutional monarchy, whilst the United States is a representative democracy. Both countries practice the same form of democracy even if their legal framework is different. But the fact that you compare their legal framework to a non recognised tribal system in Somalia, is laughable 💀

You don't want to take any risks. Plus, it is not just folks from the south. It is also large movement of Oromos from Ethiopia. All the big cities of PL are full of them.
The foreigners question is different to natives of .So; let me re-ask: do you think the ingress migration post 90s adversely influenced demographic dynamics in PL, or elsewhere in .So?

Trending