Getting Tired of being asked, “Somali miyaad tahay”

I don’t look like the typical Somali, I don’t have what you would call the typical Somali features or phenotype, although I am skinny and that’s about it. I don’t get mistaken for madow/Bantu but I do often get mistaken for Barwaani. I’m thinking about doing a genetics study on my ancestry. We haven’t mixed with any other Somali clan from what I have been told and majority of my ancestors hail from the same sub clan. Both of my parents and grandparents included.
What companies do you guys recommend for the best ancestry results?

You will most likely Be 100% GeelJirre.
Hunter Gatherers from South Africa are lightskinned and They are not mixed race
San.jpg

GuanYu

Custom title
I don’t look like the typical Somali, I don’t have what you would call the typical Somali features or phenotype, although I am skinny and that’s about it. I don’t get mistaken for madow/Bantu but I do often get mistaken for Barwaani. I’m thinking about doing a genetics study on my ancestry. We haven’t mixed with any other Somali clan from what I have been told and majority of my ancestors hail from the same sub clan. Both of my parents and grandparents included.
What companies do you guys recommend for the best ancestry results?
I heard 23&me is good

AbdiFreedom

Save 🇨🇦 from Mass Punjabi Invasion
Staff Member
Has anyone noticed when people claim to not look Somali, its always never "Bantu"-like but Arab or cadcad or something or maybe Hindi?

:pachah1:

You too lightskin for Somali you mean or??
Some Barwanis look pure Somali and are dark
They don’t think I’m Somali until I begin speaking Af Somali and they usually tell me I look Arab or mixed raced. Someone once asked me if my hooyo was Somali

GuanYu

Custom title
They don’t think I’m Somali until I begin speaking Af Somali and they usually tell me I look Arab or mixed raced. Someone once asked me if my hooyo was Somali
LOL!, for me it's not even SOMALI MIYAAD TAHAY? it's to straight speaking somali to me

Has anyone noticed when people claim to not look Somali, its always never "Bantu"-like but Arab or cadcad or something or maybe Hindi?

:pachah1:
One of my closest friends is an ethnic Somali but for the longest I thought he was Somali-Bantu. He also thought I was I was banadiri. He only found out about my clan through politic association and my following

LOL!, for me it's not even SOMALI MIYAAD TAHAY? it's to straight speaking somali to me
For once I would like to know how that feels. When I order food on my phone and go to pick it up I always get funny looks as soon as I pull up. Happend to me today actually

AbdiFreedom

Save 🇨🇦 from Mass Punjabi Invasion
Staff Member
One of my closest friends is an ethnic Somali but for the longest I thought he was Somali-Bantu. He also thought I was I was banadiri. He only found out about my clan through politic association and my following

And what is your clan?

GuanYu

Custom title
For once I would like to know how that feels. When I order food on my phone and go to pick it up I always get funny looks as soon as I pull up. Happend to me today actually
lmfao it has its use and it's nice :pachah1: For the most part is just a simple nod of acknowledgment or sometimes a conversation depending on the situation

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I look so Somali, even Romani Gypsies know I'm one. People have even clocked when at a stop light with my helmet on, my eyes give me away kkkk

Trending