Haile Selassie had haplogroup T-L208

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
I have no idea about Haile Sellasie , i thought yall was talking about Nidar's Dir lineage.

edit: Lmao look at this @NidarNidar . This is like the Ghenghis Khan effect baring the DNA ancestry of your conquerors

4144YSZ.png

One of the guys got back to me, his background is Amhara who has roots in Dirdhiba and Harar, going to see if he can take a Big Y.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
The site became unbearable because it is full of naive and stupid children.
Can you believe that this unknown video is the only source this idiotic post is based on?
That shows you how naive @NidarNidar is !!!!!!
This is typically a Laangaab syndrome.
Bro does not want to claim haile selassie 💀 its understandable, I would tweak out as well if I were you 😂

I'm sure non somali muslims existed in the imams time. But why does it seem like all the non somali muslims off ethiopia either post state the imams time. Or arr assimilated somalis. And what does that say about the muslims in the horn of africa in the early centuries. Where they entirely somali?

Also it's just occurred to me but if I rember correctly we don't have any evidence for non somali muslims from the horn of africa who went to the wider middle east . Since they all seem to have the nisa habesha which meant they were slaves who converted to islam their?

One of the guys got back to me, his background is Amhara who has roots in Dirdhiba and Harar, going to see if he can take a Big Y.

How many generations back are yall related?

Also it's just occurred to me but if I rember correctly we don't have any evidence for non somali muslims from the horn of africa who went to the wider middle east . Since they all seem to have the nisa habesha which meant they were slaves who converted to islam their?

It was only Somalis carrying the nisba Al-Zaylai and Al-Jabarti, and all other non-Somalis from the horn carried the nisba Al-Habash. It didn't always mean they were slaves but they sometimes arrived as slaves and coverted through slavery.

We know it's Somalis who only carried because:
1) Fakr Ad-Din Zayla describes their geography as modern day Somali inhabited land seperated it from Eritrea and the highlands. Describe it as a common nation.
2) Al Maqrizi and Abu Frida's descriptions of Jabarti region and meaning.
2) Al-Umari describes the Zayala language and says it's 1 common language that all the Muslims speak.
3) Most of the non-Muslim Somali groups near us converted to Islam in the 18th century

Last edited:
How many generations back are yall related?

It was only Somalis carrying the nisba Al-Zaylai and Al-Jabarti, and all other non-Somalis from the horn carried the nisba Al-Habash. It didn't always mean they were slaves but they sometimes arrived as slaves and coverted through slavery.

We know it's Somalis who only carried because:
1) Fakr Ad-Din Zayla describes their geography as modern day Somali inhabited land seperated it from Eritrea and the highlands. Describe it as a common nation.
2) Al Maqrizi and Abu Frida's descriptions of Jabarti region and meaning.
2) Al-Umari describes the Zayala language and says it's 1 common language that all the Muslims speak.
3) Most of the non-Muslim Somali groups near us converted to Islam in the 18th century
I feel like there of course must be non somali horn muslims before ahmed gurey(dahlak sultnate). But i thinks it's very telling there doesn't seem to be much evidence for any possible islamic center of learning in the rest of the horn predating the 1500s. They all seem to tie themselves back to harar. It's honestly wild that they think the shewa sultanate if that was even a thing. Could somehow be centerd n somali territory but be established by non somalis . when all of it's urban centers and the majority of it's territory was inhabited by Somalis.

I feel like there of course must be non somali horn muslims before ahmed gurey(dahlak sultnate). But i thinks it's very telling there doesn't seem to be much evidence for any possible islamic center of learning in the rest of the horn predating the 1500s. They all seem to tie themselves back to harar. It's honestly wild that they think the shewa sultanate if that was even a thing. Could somehow be centerd n somali territory but be established by non somalis . when all of it's urban centers and the majority of it's territory was inhabited by Somalis.

There were also Afar, but they were usually known as Al-Danakil. They were really a weak and impoverished community under the foot of Christian Amhara centered around the port of Beylul, and the ones outside of Mocha were nominal Muslims according to Ibn Haytim .

It's not really surprising that there wasn't really any significant learning centers in the rest of the horn, as Islam wasn't allowed to get a firm foot on the ground due to constant genocidal persecutions by the Christians. I mean look at how much was undone , all the towns and mosques Somalis built and the conversions that took place during the conquest of Abyssinian and all that remains are a few families that can trace their descent to Somali clans.

Harar is interesting because you can see that Somalis were not only continuing the Jihad against Oromos and Non-Muslims from there as a political center but they were also using it as a base for conversions and to spread deen.

So it's not an exaggeration to say that Somalis were the vanguards of Islam in the region. Even Salman Reis pointed it out:
@Midas @Shimbiris

As a carry on from the info above. Salman Reis the Ottoman describes the port of Zayla during the 1500s as a place for book production and distribution. And the major driver of Islamic activities ''The Frontier of Islam''

''and near a port which is known as Zaila stands a city called Janasir. They call it's rulers Mujahidin and they are all very pious. Most learned books are distributed from Zaila. That province is the frontier of Islam. Every year raids are carried against the infidel Habes, on the path of Allah, by way of holy war and they fight hard...

jsCsHXN.jpeg

Btw Baylul is Afar/Danakil port.

Last edited:

Trending