Have you ever met a whitewashed Somali?

I’m not talking about your average somewhat westernized Somali but someone who acts exactly like a white person in a Somali body.

I met a few in uni and it was the craziest thing. They had all white groups of friends, had nothing to do with other Somalis, partook in typical white activities like camping, hiking, barhopping, dog loving etc. Even the way they spoke was very white. It makes me wonder what kind of upbringing people like that had to turn out that way.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Have you ever met one? I’m not talking about your average somewhat westernized Somali but someone who acts exactly like a white person in a Somali body.

I met a few in uni and it was the craziest thing. They had all white groups of friends, had nothing to do with other Somalis, partook in typical white activities like camping, hiking, barhopping etc. Even the way they spoke was very white. It makes me wonder what kind of upbringing people like that have to turn out that way.
Hiking will make a man white? :drakewtf:

Last edited:

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
I’m not talking about your average somewhat westernized Somali but someone who acts exactly like a white person in a Somali body.

I met a few in uni and it was the craziest thing. They had all white groups of friends, had nothing to do with other Somalis, partook in typical white activities like camping, hiking, barhopping, dog loving etc. Even the way they spoke was very white. It makes me wonder what kind of upbringing people like that had to turn out that way.
In Minnesota with largest Somali population it is common to see this. I knew a Somali girl named Deeqa and she thought she was a white girl. She asked her friend to find a white man for her and she called her own Somali people as "Somali guys look weird". We all worked at airport together and my friend Ayan told me all about her.

Her face to me looked odd with large chin. I think she has body or face dismorphia. Last I heard she got a wacal from a white man.

Since when are these white people activities. What do you think the geeljires do ?
F5947E9B-62A7-4FFA-A551-8E6A5063C21D.png

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
My friend has somali neighbors that are so white washed they even named their kids white names like “jason” 😂

Imagine a white family except they’re somali. That’s them.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
So Hiking is another a "white activity".
I can guess that shop-lifting must be the national sport for Black folks?

"Whitewhased" Somalis > "Madow" ones.

I only hang out with Whites or Civilized people.

Somalis are too loud, too unruly. Listen, I even lived with them since my birth!

Whites, Blacks, and Yellow people > Somalis any day.

Somalis are too loud, too unruly. Listen, I even lived with them since my birth!

And yet here you are, on a Somali forum:umwhat:why not join some other one since you’re obviously too good for us, my dear Hibongo?

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
And yet here you are, on a Somali forum:umwhat:why not join some other one since you’re obviously too good for us, my dear Hibongo?

Sounds like sarcasm!

Hibongo is free to join in whatever forum that exists!

I do all those things except consciously distancing from Somalis and being a dog lover uff. Outdoor activities and speaking normally isn’t exclusive to cadaans . And to answer OP’s question, maybe they didn’t grow up around Somalis or many POC? That was my family’s experience being the only Somalis in a quiet town in Australia.Maybe they’re just going through a phase

camelbeater11

Deku 💚

I'd rather be with the average somali than the average madow :denzelnigga:

People have told me I act and sound white just because I speak English how it's meant to be spoken, since when is speaking a language properly the same as being a race traitor lol?

giphy.gif

camelbeater11

Deku 💚
We shouldn't follow either of their ways because there is no need. We have our own deen and values which is enough for us, wouldn't you agree?
Then we'd be acting like fobs, these people speak english and were raised elsewhere so that's not possible. You can follow your deen and values and also not act like a fob/madow.

I'd rather be whitewashed than blackwashed since one give me far more opportunities than the other :mjhaps:

You should always try to assimilate to the country culture and extract the best of it without forgetting your roots.

Trending

Latest posts