Help me devise a year long diet

I plan to lose 2kg a month for the next year in shaa Allah.

Would love some suggestions on:
What calories and macros I should aim for;
How many meals I should have a day, and;
What times are ideal for eating.

I find it hard to sleep without eating, but I feel like I need to condition myself to not eat at night. I'm around 186cm and 98kg currently.

@Shimbiris
@Nak-Muay-Femeu

I know it’s not exactly what you’re asking for but I highly recommend intermittent fasting, only eating during the evenings helped me lose weight ASAP when I needed to lol and made restricting my portions 10x easier. It’s easier to control what you eat when your time-window is smaller idk how to explain. So It’ll probably help with adhering to your diet by helping you resist your cravings, try looking into it.

For me intermittent fasting deadass saved my life, I’m planning to start doing it again:silanyosmile:ngl i kinda wanna lose like 10-15 lbs.

From personal experience I recommend reducing your added sugar intake as much as you can and replacing it with meat/proteins that will fill you up and actually satisfy your hunger. if you’re down to try intermittent fasting well for me i found it very easy to delay eating until 7-8 pm, I usually sleep around 10-11. You can adjust whatever works for you and good luck 😊

Last edited:
I know it’s not exactly what you’re asking for but I highly recommend intermittent fasting, only eating during the evenings helped me lose weight ASAP when I needed to lol and made restricting my portions 10x easier. It’s easier to control what you eat when your time-window is smaller idk how to explain. So It’ll probably help with adhering to your diet by helping you resist your cravings, try looking into it.

For me intermittent fasting deadass saved my life, I’m planning to start doing it again:silanyosmile:ngl i kinda wanna lose like 10-15 lbs.

From personal experience I recommend reducing your added sugar intake as much as you can and replacing it with meat/proteins that will fill you up and actually satisfy your hunger. if you’re down to try intermittent fasting well for me i found it very easy to delay eating until 7-8 pm, I usually sleep around 10-11. You can adjust whatever works for you and good luck 😊
Mahadsanid bro. IF definitely sounds beneficial. Might give it a shot today in shaa Allah

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Oh, damn. Only saw this now. It's very simple, bro. Eat all of the following until you are full and can't eat anymore:

• Fatty, gelatinous, bony cuts of red meats
  • Skin-on cuts of chicken and other poultry
  • Eggs
  • Seafood (fish, shrimp, oysters etc.)
  • Animal cooking fats: butter/ghee, tallow, duck fat and suet
  • Zero to extremely low carb cheeses (<1-2grams lactose per 100 grams)

Limit the following if being very lean is your goal and you're not super active:

• Milk, yogurts, yogurt drinks, higher carb cheeses and sour-cream
  • Non-fish seafood with high glycogen stores like scallops (look 'em up nutrition content wise)
  • Cheeses in general might be under this too. I'd experiment with them and just see but, theoretically, if they're very low-carb they really shouldn't do anything to your body-composition

Avoid altogether:

• Anything processed/in a box beyond simple dairy processing like yogurt, cheese etc
  • Anything plant-based
  • Plant-based oils

Preferably 1-2 meals per day around the window of 3-9PM and get plenty of sleep.

Workout routine:

Really up to you, man. Just research on YouTube. I prefer full-body 2-4 times per week or upper-lower splits 2-4 times per week (1 day workout, 1 day rest, 1 day workout, 1 day rest and so on and so forth). I tend to emphasize heavy-ish compound lifts, calisthenics incrementally built-up with becoming weighted, some targeted dumbbell exercises for areas like my arms and some bodyweight calisthenics for areas like my abs or my whole body some days that are semi-rest days. Good YouTubers I've encountered for workout ideas can be people like:

Though their diet advice tends to vary from meh to horrendous and I'd ignore them in that respect.

Last edited:

attash

Amaan Duule
Oh, damn. Only saw this now. It's very simple, bro. Eat all of the following until you are full and can't eat anymore:

• Eggs

Limit the following if being very lean is your goal and you're not super active:

• Non-fish seafood with high glycogen stores like scallops (look 'em up nutrition content wise)
  • Cheeses in general might be under this too. I'd experiment with them and just see but, theoretically, if they're very low-carb they really shouldn't do anything to your body-composition

Avoid altogether:

• Anything processed/in a box beyond simple dairy processing like yogurt, cheese etc
  • Anything plant-based
  • Plant-based oils

Preferably 1-2 meals per day around the window of 3-9PM and get plenty of sleep.

Workout routine:

Really up to you, man. Just research on YouTube. I prefer full-body 2-4 times per week or upper-lower splits 2-4 times per week (1 day workout, 1 day rest, 1 day workout, 1 day rest and so on and so forth). I tend to emphasize heavy-ish compound lifts, calisthenics incrementally built-up with becoming weighted, some targeted dumbbell exercises for areas like my arms and some bodyweight calisthenics for areas like my abs or my whole body some days that are semi-rest days. Good YouTubers I've encountered for workout ideas can be people like:

Though their diet advice tends to vary from meh to horrendous and I'd ignore them in that respect.
Is it possible to lose body fat while bulking? Or do I need to wait until the cutting phase?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Is it possible to lose body fat while bulking? Or do I need to wait until the cutting phase?

I've essentially been bulking while leaning down or at least remaining lean. I bulked up to this from being scrawny and not being able to do more than 1-3 pull-ups:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whilst getting noticeably leaner. It's slower than what modern bodybuilders, powerlifters and strongman competitors do by guzzling carbs so they can trick their satiety hormones and thus overeat like this:

But it's also healthier on your system long-term and doesn't make you feel like shit. Just eat lots of red meat, eggs, seafood, poultry, get in enough fat and sleep and hit those weights. Your body will change in due time.

Whilst getting noticeably leaner. It's slower than what modern bodybuilders, powerlifters and strongman competitors do by guzzling carbs so they can trick their satiety hormones and thus overeat like this:

But it's also healthier on your system long-term and doesn't make you feel like shit. Just eat lots of red meat, eggs, seafood, poultry, get in enough fat and sleep and hit those weights. Your body will change in due time.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

You could build up to that or better in 6 months to a year. Maybe a bit shorter if you're a beginner and really push the progressive overloading and have a good workout plan. As for portions, I personally do one meal a day most days (OMAD) and consume about 1.5-2lb of some form of red meat and 1.5-1lb of chicken (usually drumsticks) or I'll have something like 12 eggs and 1lb of ground meat with a generous amount of butter or get a whole rotisserie chicken at a place like Whole Foods with some cheese sometimes lately as an experiment. My meal variations never really cost me more than 8-12 USD a day.

The meats are the tricky part, walaal. You have to 1) maybe be willing to bend around the idea of the meat not being halal and 2) really search on platforms like instacart or around your area at halal and non-halal places for good deals. I found a place that sells chicken drumsticks at just a smidgen over 1 dollar a pound, for example. I pay no more than 11 dollars or so for 9lbs of chicken drumsticks that are large and good quality. Steal. Gotta be savvy and don't obsess over beef like a lot of carnivores do. Goat, lamb, turkey and duck are mostly just as good.

You could build up to that or better in 6 months to a year. Maybe a bit shorter if you're a beginner and really push the progressive overloading and have a good workout plan. As for portions, I personally do one meal a day most days (OMAD) and consume about 1.5-2lb of some form of red meat and 1.5-1lb of chicken (usually drumsticks) or I'll have something like 12 eggs and 1lb of ground meat with a generous amount of butter or get a whole rotisserie chicken at a place like Whole Foods with some cheese sometimes lately as an experiment. My meal variations never really cost me more than 8-12 USD a day.

The meats are the tricky part, walaal. You have to 1) maybe be willing to bend around the idea of the meat not being halal and 2) really search on platforms like instacart or around your area at halal and non-halal places for good deals. I found a place that sells chicken drumsticks at just a smidgen over 1 dollar a pound, for example. I pay no more than 11 dollars or so for 9lbs of chicken drumsticks that are large and good quality. Steal. Gotta be savvy and don't obsess over beef like a lot of carnivores do. Goat, lamb, turkey and duck are mostly just as good.
Appreciate the detailed response bro thank you!

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I'm also looking to bulk up. I need a good meal plan for the week. My budget is £200 per month please help brothers. I normally eat a good amount of calories and protein for dinner plus protein shakes. I just need ideas for lunch as eating out is too expensive.

attash

Amaan Duule
I'm also looking to bulk up. I need a good meal plan for the week. My budget is £200 per month please help brothers. I normally eat a good amount of calories and protein for dinner plus protein shakes. I just need ideas for lunch as eating out is too expensive.

Last edited:

Eggs,tuna, chicken , peanut butter , oats,rice
,beef,beans ,yoghurt.
Cook good amount of rice put in the fridge,
2 kilo or so of Chicken thighs (suqaar cut)with mixed beans in cans and vegetables will give u couple of portions for at least two days .

Last edited:
Eggs,tuna, chicken , peanut butter , oats,rice
,beef,beans ,yoghurt.
Cook good amount of rice put in the fridge,
2 kilo or so of Chicken thighs (suqaar cut)with mixed beans in cans and vegetables will give u couple of portions for at least two days .
What do you mix your oats with ? Milk/almondmilk/water

• Eggs

Avoid altogether:

• Anything plant-based
  • Plant-based oils

Workout routine:

You don’t have any refeeds or carb cycle at all?

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Calculate BMR (calories neede to exist and maintain). used 24 male 180 cm 85 kg. input your own data and do math

0.5kg of fat accounts for about 3,500 calories of energy. if you want to lose 2 kg a month should go for . 5kg a week. 3500/7= 500 calorie deficit per day. So you should aim for 1300 calories of food per day. Weight loss is mostly diet you cant outrun and outlift a bad diet. glazed donut for example has 400 calories thats like 1 hour + on treadmill.

1717872132139.png

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Calculate BMR (calories neede to exist and maintain). used 24 male 180 cm 85 kg. input your own data and do math

0.5kg of fat accounts for about 3,500 calories of energy. if you want to lose 2 kg a month should go for . 5kg a week. 3500/7= 500 calorie deficit per day. So you should aim for 1300 calories of food per day. Weight loss is mostly diet you cant outrun and outlift a bad diet. glazed donut for example has 400 calories thats like 1 hour + on treadmill.

View attachment 331079
The 1300 calories ensure you get a lot of protein my go to is chicken breast. it very easy to cook in pan. I also eat alot of salmon and tuna and eggs. Also ensure you get plenty of fiber i shot for 25 grams a day at least. Also minimize sugars unless its from fruits. Processed food and junk food makes you ill and will throw you off your game and cause cravings. be disciplines and you will make it once.