How do you say these words in somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafez

VIP
^never heard that word before

@Adam how do you say a little bit, if not kis yar?
Lol I made that word up. Start using it now so it catches on. I want to invent words that are soft on the tongue yet beautiful.
:damedamn::damedamn:

We use kis and siko as well. Our dialects are 100% the same.

When I don't know a Somali word I usually use Arabic or English depending on who I'm talking to.

V

Vision

abaay, kis yar dhinacaas u siko would translate to 'sis move a little that way' there aint no please in there!

Fadlan is please in somali but its an arabic word

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I've a list of words. Translate this guys.

Bored.
Busy.
Attention.
Driving.
Accident.
Co-worker
Abdomen.

Hafez

VIP
I can't believe nobody knows this.

Please= Fadlan.

Smh.

Wait is Fadlan Arabic?

:jcoleno:
Yea, fadhlan is Arabic and it doesn't even mean please. It means 'it would be better'. They also use arjuuu or you can just say min fadhlak but there's no word that directly translates to 'please'.
Disgusting, you people ruined our beautiful language,

Waa kuu tuuga means I'm begging you.
It's actually Somali smh. I recognise the foreign words easily, they are mainly Arabic. If you're disgusted at your own language Somali, then that's you.
:what:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
'.

It's actually Somali smh. I recognise the foreign words easily, they are mainly Arabic. If you're disgusted at your own language Somali, then that's you.
:what:

Don't twist this around. I'm not disgusted with my own language, I'm disgusted at how you're using our beautiful language, you're bastardizing it.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP

Bored.
Busy.
Attention.
Driving.
Accident.
Co-worker
Abdomen.
Don't attack me 's these are my own translations and I have copyright on them.:ufdup:
Busy= Mashquul
Bored= caajis
Driving= Kugu ruuxis
Accident= Shil
Abdomen= :lebronwtf::camby:
Coworker= Neefka/neefta aan isla shaqeyno
Attention= Yaa wakhti u haya attention marba meel ba ku mashquul sanahay.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

Bored.
Busy.
Attention.
Driving.
Accident.
Co-worker
Abdomen.

Attention- dhareem?
Abdomen- calool
Driving- babuur wado LOLOLOLOLOOLOL
Busy- mashquul
Bored- caajis
Co worker- kii ila shaqeeyo

Hafez

VIP
Don't twist this around. I'm not disgusted with my own language, I'm disgusted at how you're using our beautiful language, you're bastardizing it.
There are more cadcads that speak Arabic than your language anyway, what are you worried about?
:hemad:
It's true, some of us have completely changed the language. If you heard my Omani grandmother speak, you wouldn't know if it's Somali or Arabic.

We speak how we want and you can speak how you want, are you afraid a few thousand people will influence your language? Dhadhaanyahoow.
:hahaidiot:

Let's not derail the sister's thread. Either stay on topic or stfu.

Status
Not open for further replies.