How do you say these words in somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafez

VIP
@Suxuufi do you accept the test? Lol @ teach me. Akhi, I can tell you're ignorant. You mentioned lisan al Arab and Alfiyya ibn Malik together, they're not even about the same subject. You also mentioned لبن as the root word for Liban when it means milk lol. It takes some people over 3 years to get on Alfiyya ibn Malik. If you do get on it, I'd recommend the Sharh of all Shuruh (IMO) Ibn Aqeel's one. You will then be a master of grammar bi'ithnillah.

But don't claim to possess knowledge that you don't have.

@Suxuufi do you accept the test? Lol @ teach me. Akhi, I can tell you're ignorant. You mentioned lisan al Arab and Alfiyya ibn Malik together, they're not even about the same subject. You also mentioned لبن as the root word for Liban when it means milk lol. It takes some people over 3 years to get on Alfiyya ibn Malik. If you do get on it, I'd recommend the Sharh of all Shuruh (IMO) Ibn Aqeel's one. You will then be a master of grammar bi'ithnillah.

But don't claim to possess knowledge that you don't have.

:heh:

angrycat

not so sad after all
Fadlan meshaan meshi aad wax kale iskula hadashiin ma aha, meel kala gaya, threadkaan maxa waye ki oo af soomaali barashadadi lugu talgaley

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Got a bit confused when no one said 'ama'

I'm probably wrong though, af somaligeygu is zero
I just write it how it sounds like even if its gibberish I know that there's someone out there who can decipher it.

"Instead of" can be said in many different ways depending on the subject and sentence structure. You can't really translate every word in Somali to English in a literal sense.

Taa ba kawanaagsan.... taa baan labada ka dooran laha....labadaba Marka laysku qiyaaso ta hore ba ugu fiican....literal translation don't always work

It goes both ways. In Somali I could say wuu jarmaaday. Jarmaad doesn't have a one word equivalent in the English language but would have to be translated as "he left in the early morning or dawn"

Status
Not open for further replies.