It's time for Somalia to Balkanize

The only kind of "balkanization" that could work in Somalia is a confederation of quasi independent states that operate like the EU. A Schengen zone where everyone is self ruling but promise to be pro-Somali and promote total equality. Its also a good way to bring Djibouti and Somaliland back into the fold without violence.

The only kind of "balkanization" that could work in Somalia is a confederation of quasi independent states that operate like the EU. A Schengen zone where everyone is self ruling but promise to be pro-Somali and promote total equality. Its also a good way to bring Djibouti and Somaliland back into the fold without violence.
Landers don't wanna rejoin and they have no incentive to. Look how horrible the South is with AS, ATMIS and next to no development. Central Somalia is an area where clan militias operate tanks. SL has many problems like the homelessness issue in Hargaysa, many Oromo migrants etc but they have no reason to rejoin and they hate all non-Landers.

Djibouti also has no incentive to join. Djibouti is stable and is the most prosperous state in the Horn and one of the better nations in SSA.

Somalinimo is a ploy used by people who attempt to put their clan in power, at the expense of literally everyone else. A union wouldn't even work either. We all need to go in different directions. Landers give Wignats ammo against 'Wanlaweyn'/'Somalians'. You think people like that would like to rejoin? Lmao.

Landers don't wanna rejoin and they have no incentive to.
You didn't even read what I said. This isn't a unitary polity I'm talking about its a transnational economic and political union that ensures the complete freedom of all Somalis but heavy cooperation as well. SL wouldn't have to concern itself on what's happening in the south in such a arrangement. Somaliland as well as other Somali governments would be missing a huge economic opportunity to not work with other Somalis. Why do you think many of them move to Mogadishu for work? Because SL like most of Somalia is gaajo.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You didn't even read what I said. This isn't a unitary polity I'm talking about its a transnational economic and political union that ensures the complete freedom of all Somalis but heavy cooperation as well. SL wouldn't have to concern itself on what's happening in the south in such a arrangement. Somaliland as well as other Somali governments would be missing a huge economic opportunity to not work with other Somalis. Why do you think many of them move to Mogadishu for work? Because SL like most of Somalia is gaajo.

nothing is exported from your mogadishu port its all imports. your internal market is 1 dollar a day what the hell would ppl come to work there. PL exports livestock, fishery, gold frankincense, has a number of factories. We produce wealth what does your buildings produce? where is your productive sectors in mogadishu or your wax soo saar

nothing is exported from your mogadishu port its all imports. your internal market is 1 dollar a day what the hell would ppl come to work there. PL exports livestock, fishery, gold frankincense, has a number of factories. We produce wealth what does your buildings produce? where is your productive sectors in mogadishu or your wax soo saar
Its one of the fastest growing cities in the country sxb.

Aluminium factory

Plastic factory

Pharmaceutical

I could go on and on sxb but the truth of the matter is the whole country has an import/export imbalance. Most of the work done is manual and locally manufactured goods lack the quality needed for export.

Besides why do you make everything a competition with xamar and what is this wealth you produce and xamar don't so we could learn?

SL is gaajo but still better than the rest of Somalia. They want nothing to do with Somalia. You need to get real. Everyone talks about 'Somalinimo' only when their clan is suffering, then they ignore Somalinimo when they're putting other clans down. Somalia's economy is non-existent. What opportunity could SL be missing out on?

I would say Ethiopia is much more likely to balkanize than Somalia in the near future. Galbeed wants to join up with Somalia and Oromo Muslims want to create their own country.

I would say Ethiopia is much more likely to balkanize than Somalia in the near future. Galbeed wants to join up with Somalia and Oromo Muslims want to create their own country.
I would like to see Ethiopia balkanize but we need a stable country first because Oromos will flood our lands. Ethiopia will probably balkanize but only Allah knows when. Galbeed should not join Somalia unless Somalia can improve, rather Galbeed should become an independent nation. Oromos want Ethiopia intact but only while they rule. Oromos took a lot of our lands and we need to get them back.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
Theres no fixing current somalia, it needs a massive rehaul. I dont know how but this isnt gonna work, you know that feeling when you know soemthing wont work no matter how much effort is put in because the problem is bigger than that? I have felt that before and i feel it again with somalia. Something has to change,

Theres no fixing current somalia, it needs a massive rehaul. I dont know how but this isnt gonna work, you know that feeling when you know soemthing wont work no matter how much effort is put in because the problem is bigger than that? I have felt that before and i feel it again with somalia. Something has to change,
Ilaahay ha badbaadiyo Somalia!

Did you even read my post at all lol. "Somalia" in this hypothetical scenario wouldn't even exist.
So how would you even divide Somalia? If qabiil lines won't work, imagine splitting the country based on maamul goboleed. Many smaller clans would feel marginalized.

So how would you even divide Somalia?
You tell me, you were the one who made this thread.

All I'm suggesting is that Somalis cooperate with each other for the benefit of all. If even that is too tall an order than Somalis will never prosper regardless if we are seperated or united.

I finished 9th grade long ago and I am a fully grown adult. Somalia's situation is complex but the two main issues are AS and clan rivalries.

AS are this strong because everyone hates each other as I said. Clans/ethnicites that are small and don't have many rights are some of the biggest supporters AS' project. Daesh are actually not too big of an issue because Daesh can only be found in Cal-Miskaad in Bari lol.

Ethiopia is not in the position to annex us. Abiy Ahmed doesn't control anything outside of Addis. He had to sign a peace deal with the TPLF to get Tigray back under his control. Kenya are weak and even AS defeated them numerous times.

As for your last point on clan conflicts, it doesn't matter how barren one's land is, people need to stay in their regions, no one has the right to encroach. Mudug is not even the only region, it's just the region with the worst situation when it comes to clan conflicts.

People only care about their clan, not Somalis even you probably do and are just pretending to be wadani. We also won't be selling any resources as long as everyone hates each other and clans won't allow a clan they hate to benefit from resources found on their territory.
Education is the key to all issues, if it weren’t for qabil Al Shabab would not have much land, they exploit it to their own advantage

So how would you even divide Somalia? If qabiil lines won't work, imagine splitting the country based on maamul goboleed. Many smaller clans would feel marginalized.
What about an eradication of the clan system? You may think that’s delusional but you have no idea how much groupthink can influence someone’s mind. There’s a psychological phenomenon called groupthink which is basically the influence of a particular society on an individual or the phrase “you are who you are around”. Somali society isn’t brim full of intellectuals and I think we can agree with that.The manipulation of societal structures is easiest when the society is young, once the qabyalad is toned down that’s when you start the literacy campaigns ext.. and that’s exactly what the kaacan government did, they weren’t very successful on the qabyalaad aspect but the education campaign worked.

You tell me, you were the one who made this thread.

All I'm suggesting is that Somalis cooperate with each other for the benefit of all. If even that is too tall an order than Somalis will never prosper regardless if we are seperated or united.
Somalis will never cooperate which is why we must balkanize on clan lines. A state for each clan that occupies territory in Somalia. If subclans end up fighting each other, that's their problem. It's their job to figure out how to share power. Usually fighting between subclans is nowhere near as brutal as fighting between two entirely different clans.

What about an eradication of the clan system? You may think that’s delusional but you have no idea how much groupthink can influence someone’s mind. There’s a psychological phenomenon called groupthink which is basically the influence of a particular society on an individual or the phrase “you are who you are around”. Somali society isn’t brim full of intellectuals and I think we can agree with that.The manipulation of societal structures is easiest when the society is young, once the qabyalad is toned down that’s when you start the literacy campaigns ext.. and that’s exactly what the kaacan government did, they weren’t very successful on the qabyalaad aspect but the education campaign worked.
We need clans, otherwise anyone can claim to be a Somali. People who are paternally Oromo and maternally Somali could claim to be Somali if we get rid of qabiil but now that we have it, they cannot claim to be Somali since they do not have a qabiil.