Just found out that one of my great great grandparents was oromo? am I cooked?

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
Does this still make me somali? Im considering doing a DNA test Im serious guys Im dead serious this aint no troll post or bait thread. My life is ruined, I cant handle this wallahi No wonder that one oromo kid kept calling me one of his own? What are the political implications. Help me sspotians

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Does this still make me somali? Im considering doing a DNA test Im serious guys Im dead serious this aint no troll post or bait thread. My life is ruined, I cant handle this wallahi No wonder that one oromo kid kept calling me one of his own? What are the political implications. Help me sspotians
Your story seems hard to believe. Somalis know their tribes.

Invite me to your kadhaa
Happy Rock Steady GIF by Dawnie Marie

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
Your story seems hard to believe. Somalis know their tribes.
Yeah Ill try to give more info, apprently my family use to live in oromo lands so much so that they one my grand fathers know oromo a little bit... its an online forum take it as fact or fiction. I quite literally am reeling in from a shock right now..

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yeah Ill try to give more info, apprently my family use to live in oromo lands so much so that they one my grand fathers know oromo a little bit... its an online forum take it as fact or fiction. I quite literally am reeling in from a shock right now..
Having some ancestry isn't the same thing as being paternally Oromo. Which one is it?

CABDULWALI XASAN.

VIP
Having some ancestry isn't the same thing as being paternally Oromo. Which one is it?
Im not sure One of my Great Great Grand mother or father was Oromo, so thats why I came here for help and guidance

Your Oromo blood has already been diluted back to full Somali.

Don't waste your lacag.
Yeah my immediate, secondary, and tertiary family circles are fully somali. its just the 5th ring

What matters is whether your grandfathers were oromos or not. What's your qabiil? If the great great grandparent is your paternal one and is a Male you're cooked. You better start learning afaan-oromo and Pack your bags to oromia.

Last edited:

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
You are mostly somali anyway, and since its great grandparents that means you should be 93.75% somali 0.0625% oromo unless you have more oromo ancestry in trace amounts.

Nin123

Hunted
VIP
Nigga state your clan first?

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
Don't run away from your lafta naga heritage, it is time for you to invest in an Afaan dictionary book and start learning the language of your ancestors🤣trust me on this, it will help you feel closer to your people.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
It was inevitable then, if you live right next door and they are muslim there was going to be overlap.

North somalis tend to have at least trace amounts of arab dna due to trade and close relations with yemen.

A lot of people from Muqdisho have trace indian dna due to the big population of indians that lived there until the civil war.

Is this a Oromo coming out the closest?

Trending