Just found out that one of my great great grandparents was oromo? am I cooked?

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Does this still make me somali? Im considering doing a DNA test Im serious guys Im dead serious this aint no troll post or bait thread. My life is ruined, I cant handle this wallahi No wonder that one oromo kid kept calling me one of his own? What are the political implications. Help me sspotians
I am sorry bro 🙏

Aseer

VIP
@CABDULWALI XASAN. You will have approximately 24 hours which is enough to mourn this harrowing and miserable tragedy until you are excommunicated from being a somali and identified as oromo. Again I am sorry for your loss.
1709107672095.png

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Does this still make me somali? Im considering doing a DNA test Im serious guys Im dead serious this aint no troll post or bait thread. My life is ruined, I cant handle this wallahi No wonder that one oromo kid kept calling me one of his own? What are the political implications. Help me sspotians
1- Stop panicking, relax, find a chair and breath slowly
2- Which branch of grandparents are talking about, maternal, paternal?
3- Find out how many people knows about this ceeb
4- Don't spread it!
5- Don't seek any assisted suicide.

Aseer

VIP
4- Don't spread it!
He should call suicide prevention if he finds out he is oromo, that's what I would do to be honest.

Lol, I don't see anything wrong with that. I think adding in the fact that I'm likely purely Somali due to my families location was a bit of a menace move LOL but overall, why does it matter? I too could have a great great grandmother of Oromia origins? Seriously, I know Somalis have bad blood with Oromos but I don't know why people here act like they're some sort of vermin to be avoided at all costs especially when a lot of the Oromos Somalis did marry were pseudo Somalis in both looks and culture as many of them resembled Somalis in this way with many belonging to lost Somali tribes.
I know, I was being facetious, yet noticed how you quickly heightened his anxiety from confusion to suicidal. Ever heard of a lady radio host Dr Lora Schlessinger? Or Dr Ayad?

Postscript:
Reminded me of the KKK member, who believed he was of pure Bavarian stock only to discover he was of a Slavik with 10+ % of African DNA.

Last edited:

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
Its so over. Unless you marry a pure somali xalimo and dilute your blood

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Why would you care if one your distant great grandparents were Oromo? If you belong to one of those border qabils, that obviously shouldn't be a surprise. The amount of shaaqo L'aan is amazing to see. The reality is that Most Somalis don't know what their great great and great grandmothers were since we only really record our fathers. I'm sure some of your grandfathers even married Habeshas.

That is probably not the case for me though since my ancestors have only bordered Somalis and are from Eastern regions.
My maternal side family lived in or around Diridhaba, I still came out 100% Somali on 23&me, along as you're paternally Somali no one gives two shit about your maternal side, several Somali rulers married and had kids with Habashis and Oromos.

Many of those that are calling themselves Oromo, are most likely Somali or even other ethnic groups.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
My maternal side family lived in or around Diridhaba, I still came out 100% Somali on 23&me, along as you're paternally Somali no one gives two shit about your maternal side, several Somali rulers married and had kids with Habashis and Oromos.

Many of those that are calling themselves Oromo, are most likely Somali or even other ethnic groups.
Yeah its maternal but yeah all my family basically froms 'ethiopia' just another reason to take the land back. Im gonna try investing in a DNA test, the government already has all my info so I dont really have to worry about privacy. Also the ancestery is Maternal(mom sides) I believe. Yeah also Im not giving all my information out because I don't want to doxx my self to a qabilologist who can piece together everything thats why I'm being slightly vague

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
VIP
4- Don't spread it!
Thanks for the tips, I would not do #5 even If I was oromo thats a little bit too extreme. Its probably only 5% maybe even less. Who knows the oromo was probably assimilated Somali, I can easily cope with news. Just being told to me randomly on a monday how weird is that Just so non-chalant

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
What is that I thought Somalis were Haplogroup J
Somalis are usually 70% E-V32 AND 20% halpogroup T-L208(usually Dir), A, B and J in small percentages.

Yeah its maternal but yeah all my family basically froms 'ethiopia' just another reason to take the land back. Im gonna try investing in a DNA test, the government already has all my info so I dont really have to worry about privacy. Also the ancestery is Maternal(mom sides) I believe. Yeah also Im not giving all my information out because I don't want to doxx my self to a qabilologist who can piece together everything thats why I'm being slightly vague
Maternally no one cares, my maternal haplogroup is J1B haven't found any Somalis with it besides myself, enjoy your trolling.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Makes sense, about 55% of OGs are Oromos that were somalized through conquest of Oromia, according to sources. So I wouldn't be surprised if I were you.

Trending