liberal ethio-philia phenomenon deep dive

“dude you’ve seriously GOTTA try Ethiopian food!”
IMG_3946.jpeg

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
View attachment 346078remember how they tried to mainstream ethiopian food as part of the ethnic cuisine 'canon' during the 2010s?. they wanted it up there with mexican, indian, japanese food etc they saw ethnic food was lacked the token black country so they pretty much jumped on this bandwagon

now people are being open and honest about it these days, the hype was manufactured
View attachment 346079
It looks like crap but it's taste pretty good, I still have baris and hilib over it.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Not sure about what happened to Arab products, but indian products and manufacturing was nerfed by the British who flooded their market with cheap goods and put tarifs on Indian goods which dislodged them from the markets.

Somali textile manufacturing and production of other goods was the only thing that held out it seems.
The British destroyed Indian silk production through high taxes, restrictions, and competition. They imposed heavy taxes on Indian silk weavers and farmers, making it harder for them to afford production. The British also flooded the market with cheap, machine-made British textiles, undercutting Indian silk prices. They restricted Indian weavers' exports and forced them to sell only to British buyers at low prices. This ruined India’s once-thriving silk industry, as many weavers went out of business, and India became reliant on British imports, the skill died out, the west just knows how to destroy.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
The British destroyed Indian silk production through high taxes, restrictions, and competition. They imposed heavy taxes on Indian silk weavers and farmers, making it harder for them to afford production. The British also flooded the market with cheap, machine-made British textiles, undercutting Indian silk prices. They restricted Indian weavers' exports and forced them to sell only to British buyers at low prices. This ruined India’s once-thriving silk industry, as many weavers went out of business, and India became reliant on British imports, the skill died out, the west just knows how to destroy.

They pretty much de-industrialized India.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
It looks like crap but it's taste pretty good, I still have baris and hilib over it.

Never tried it, it must be an acquired taste.

Somalis eating Bariis iyo Hilib described by Ibn Battuta in the 13th century:

''The food of these people is rice topped with butter (gee) and a sauce containing meat, chicken, fish and vegetables served on a large wooden dish. They also serve unripe banana cooked in milk and serve it as a sauce. Sour milk with pickled lemon, bunches of pickled chilies with vinegar and salt, green ginger, and mangoes which look like apples but have a nut inside. Ripe mangoes are very sweet and are eaten like fruit, but unripe mangoes are as acid as lemons, and are cooked in vinegar. When the Mogadishu people have taken a mouthful of rice, they take some of these pickles.. ''
3505f4964698d0960778c5ccaf041cca.jpg

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
View attachment 346473

This video gave me a headache 💀 5 whole minutes of ethiopia glaze and meatriding
serious barack obama GIF

I know its going to be painful for them , once we break the African mythology they have formed around them.

Kinda looking forward to shaking things up with real documented historical facts and current day realities.

They don't see that the Negus is an illterate mountain peasant who lived in a poverty stricken backwater with no cities or trade/industries. They just see Haile Selassie wearing a crown crafted by Armenian christians or a military suit imported from their european allies with fake medals embroided in to it, and think ''oh how majestic'' .

Ethiopians cosplaying as real Emperors/Kings, is like those Congo Dandies.

Last edited:

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I know its going to be painful for them , once we break the African mythology they have formed around them.

Kinda looking forward to shaking things up with real documented historical facts and current day realities.

They don't see that the Negus is an illterate mountain peasant who lived in a poverty stricken backwater with no cities or trade/industries. They just see Haile Selassie wearing a crown crafted by Armenian christians or a military suit imported from their european allies with fake medals embroided in to it, and think ''oh how majestic'' .

Ethiopians cosplaying as real Emperors/Kings, is like those Congo Dandies.
The glorification of ethiopia is deeply rooted and has been so for a very long time if you search up "ethiopia industrialisation" "ethiopia history" its just endless scrolling of inaccurate glaze. I dont even think we will ever see the day where all these myths get debunked.

Idilinaa

(Graduated)
The glorification of ethiopia is deeply rooted and has been so for a very long time if you search up "ethiopia industrialisation" "ethiopia history" its just endless scrolling of inaccurate glaze. I dont even think we will ever see the day where all these myths get debunked.
We can debunk it , to make it more known to us and perhaps around Non-African Muslim circles.

3 reasons for this glaze parade:

1) When it comes to Western/Europeans there is an obvious christian neo-colonial and zionist component to it. It's self-explanatory. As you can also see in the greater isreal thread where i explained.

2) But when it comes to Africanist's like the video you posted , its because of an inferiority complex, they want prove to white people they can be on par with them , so it's for the sake of keeping appearances. There is no substantive underneath it, they never venture deep into describing Ethiopian's administrative organization , their diplomacy , production, trade, intricacies of their army or anything really related to governance or proper rulership. It's like their obsession with Egypt, because Ethiopia had cadaan colonialists stamp of approval and Ancient Egypt was an object of their exotic fascinations ever since Napoleon, these Africans follow it because they seek white approval.

3) Lastly the main reason for this glaze, is that Ethiopians have a longstanding tradition and history of being expert propagandists, remember how i compared their historical chronicles to ours? Like one was pure epic fiction and glaze, all made up , the other was recording events as they had happened.

Literally they were sitting down writing wattpad stories for centuries, dressing it up as history and perfecting it like an artform. How is anyone meant to compete with that?

The account of the wars of King ʿAmda Ṣeyon against the Islamic sultanates, an epic fiction of the 15th century
We are therefore faced with two opposing memories: on the one hand, the image of a conquering Christian sovereign, repeatedly confronting all the Muslim countries, transmitted by a single text, that of the wars of ʿAmda Ṣeyon; On the Muslim side, neither the endogenous texts nor those coming from the Islamic world make the slightest reference to these events. How can this be explained?
It's the same with the Gelewados Chronicle claiming he conquered all of Awdal and conquered Mogadishu and other territories that @Three Moons shared.

Then the Portuguese who is biased in their favour had to fact check them which i showed earlier and called it fiction. Said he never went there, nor did he do those things and was chased down deep into highlands at his own court with a super small army(which ethiopian lied and said it was large) and was decapitated by Emir Nur who paraded him his head around Harar, all of which is confirmed in the local Muslim chronicles.

I also found another example where they blatantly hide how their kings get killed in their sources:

''His death, an event of presumably major importance, is not confirmed by the Ethiopian chronicles'' '' for ethiopian royal chroniclers often deliberately attempted to suppress the violent deaths of the kings whose reigns they extol''

QBeZOb2.png

There is a clear separation between Muslim and Christian writing tradition. The Ethiopians write chronicles decades later from when the event occurred and after their kings die, and they issue them when they are being defeated badly mostly as a way to save face.

The Muslim Awdalite chroniclers are often more reliable and in some cases are like eyewitness accounts that show that the documents are contemporary.

daOjtwM.png

''I personally saw the head of the king with my own eyes''
XlGE7zH.png

Last edited:
Its a pain in the ass for those that live in the region but liberal/Western support of Ethiopia made sense for a while.

The liberal order views the defeat of fascism and the Nazis as their defining moment and built an international order/narrative off that event. Also, the fighting in Italian East Africa was the first allied victory against axis powers, this is while Germany was throwing it’s weight around in Europe - so its a bit sentimental.
They defeated fascism in East Africa, collaborated with and reinstated a ‘native sovereign’ to set things straight …..etc etc. It’s part of the ‘narrative building’ of the allies/liberals in the second world war. Ethiopia and its ‘emperor’ happened to be on the side of the ‘good guys’ in World war II and they reaped the benefits of it (as opposed to Britain throwing Eritrea and Somalia under the bus).

It Happens Season 1 GIF by Blunt Talk

Trending

Latest posts