Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

Dalac Bilaash

☠ Emperor of The Horn ☠
If things get out of control we might have no other option but bombing berbera port and Ethiopia dam that's the main root of this entire problem

1. We need to vet every oromo in our country either they stand with us or we kick them out.
2. We understand the need for a port or expansion of it, but why get Ethiopia(defaulted on loans recently) a country at war to recognise SL. If it was an investment thats something we can talk about but why station 40k troops?
3. All the fake SL posts are 95% Ethiopians larping.
4. We need to recognise tigray and *invest* in their port.

Could we see a pivot to Qatar?
I doubt it because HSM has turned his back on Qatar. The Emir probably told HSM to f*ck off and never call him back. Or the Emir is now trying to get closer to FGS to realize his interests and because according to rumors UAE is ready to recognize somaliland. Therefore HSM might have returned to Qatar. This would lead to Qatar taking the place of UAE in Somalia. It's hard to speculate the whole shit is giving me sleepless nights

Ok Bihi sold his soul to Abiy but what does he get in return?

-Shares in Ethiopian airlines: let's look at the figures, ETh Airlines is 100% owned by the Ethiopian government and according to the latest figures, made a profit of around USD 900 million in 2022 https://t.ly/qxUgI.

Let's say the Ethiopian government decides to give 30% of the shares to SL (I don't think they'll give more than that) in this deal.
What's that in annual dividends for SL? 300 million to 500 million a year max over the next 10 years, depending on the company's economic performance. And nothing is even guaranteed, as this will depend on the strength of the airline industry.

By comparison, Djibouti is earning close to $2 billion a year in port services from Ethiopia, while retaining full sovereignty over its territory.

Recognition of SL's independence: As pointed out by several members here, what is the actual point of recognizing a third-world country like Ethiopia? Will it help SL to join the ranks of UN-recognized nations? The answer is no.

So this begs the question why did Bihi and SL signed such an unbalanced deal with Ethiopia, which could even threaten their very existence in the near future?

I am speechless.

I'm actually kinda getting excited about all this lol

Imagine the FGS officially declares war on Ethiopia, for the first time in over 30 years of State failure, we're going to see 10s of thousands militias pouring in from all the FMS, Puntland, Galmudug, Jubaland, SWS, a declaration we're back on the world stage.

I fully believe we can take on Ethiopia in a conventional war, for one they're already battered, and two they still have their hands full dealing with the rampaging ethnic militias. Remember that Ethiopia couldn't even defeat a Somalia with half its territory gone (Somaliand + Puntland supporting them) and took such catastrophic losses the TPLF made it illegal for anyone to question the number of KIA/MIA.

Bring it on I say, war with the Habesha :banderas:

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Somalia convened a meeting with the ambassadors of the international community today to report on Somalia’s stance on Ethiopia’s breach of the Federal Republic of Somalia’s territorial sovereignty.

Somalia’s Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ali Balcad, informed the State Media that the meeting aimed to communicate the government’s decision on the unlawful act committed by the Addis Ababa administration.

Djokovic

Somali Arab

Imagine the FGS officially declares war on Ethiopia, for the first time in over 30 years of State failure, we're going to see 10s of thousands militias pouring in from all the FMS, Puntland, Galmudug, Jubaland, SWS, a declaration we're back on the world stage.

I fully believe we can take on Ethiopia in a conventional war, for one they're already battered, and two they still have their hands full dealing with the rampaging ethnic militias. Remember that Ethiopia couldn't even defeat a Somalia with half its territory gone (Somaliand + Puntland supporting them) and took such catastrophic losses the TPLF made it illegal for anyone to question the number of KIA/MIA.

I’m signing up straight away but we need proper aerial defences or they’ll just do genocide on us like Gaza

Sad Doctor Who GIF

I’m signing up straight away but we need proper aerial defences or they’ll just do genocide on us like Gaza

Bruh, they had the full support of the United States who provided them with drones and aerial bombardment, they still lost.

Somalis shouldn't take on Ethiopia head to head, we're smaller in numbers, we need to crush them like how MAO defeated the Chinese army which numbered in the millions, while his numbered a couple hundred thousand.

Cut off supply lines, hit supply depots, destroy the Djibouti railway, make the Ethiopians expend food and fuel chasing us, etc.

You have to bleed them ala the Viet Cong, so much so they'll eventually just give up.

Guerilla warfare 101

-Shares in Ethiopian airlines: let's look at the figures, ETh Airlines is 100% owned by the Ethiopian government and according to the latest figures, made a profit of around USD 900 million in 2022 https://t.ly/qxUgI.

Let's say the Ethiopian government decides to give 30% of the shares to SL (I don't think they'll give more than that) in this deal.
What's that in annual dividends for SL? 300 million to 500 million a year max over the next 10 years, depending on the company's economic performance. And nothing is even guaranteed, as this will depend on the strength of the airline industry.

By comparison, Djibouti is earning close to $2 billion a year in port services from Ethiopia, while retaining full sovereignty over its territory.

Recognition of SL's independence: As pointed out by several members here, what is the actual point of recognizing a third-world country like Ethiopia? Will it help SL to join the ranks of UN-recognized nations? The answer is no.

So this begs the question why did Bihi and SL signed such an unbalanced deal with Ethiopia, which could even threaten their very existence in the near future?

I am speechless.
What I personally believe is that bihi is also getting weapons to fight SSC again and getting military help in order to take back the lands that they lost I highly doubt he cares about recognition he only cares about his small enclave that's getting Smaller anyone that can see it is blind

Bruh, they had the full support of the United States who provided them with drones and aerial bombardment.

Somalis shouldn't take on Ethiopia head to head, we're smaller in numbers, we need to crush them like how MAO defeated the Chinese army which numbered in the millions, while his numbered a couple hundred thousand.

Cut off supply lines, hit supply depots, destroy the Djibouti railway, make the Ethiopians expend food and fuel chasing us, etc.

You have to bleed them ala the Viet Cong, so much so they'll eventually just give up.

Guirella warfare 101
Dude ethiopia cant even deal with fano 😂😂

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

I am speechless.
you can't rely on the state issued figures. The airlines probably generate less than what it claimss

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I'm here for the fireworks. DO IT HASSAN. DO IT

why beat around the bush?
Ethiopia only understand the rule of violence much like us.

Trending

Latest posts