Musa gives Ethiopia a port and a military base on the Gulf of Aden. It's over

I watched the video I didn't see these benefits you are talking about.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We know ethiopia has the upper hand in regards to our unrecognised state. So we have to work with them knowing that. Yeah your right regarding the part about facilitating there goods and movements you have a point there. But recognition is definitely on the table

We know ethiopia has the upper hand in regards to our unrecognised state. So we have to work with them knowing that. Yeah your right regarding the part about facilitating there goods and movements you have a point there. But recognition is definitely on the table
So let's say they don't recognise you after all said and done? What will you do?

Just imagine it I know you believe it's impossible they will take it back (even though they already have)

Will you accept then that this was a stupid mistake?

So let's say they don't recognise you after all said and done? What will you do?

Just imagine it I know you believe it's impossible they will take it back (even though they already have)

Will you accept then that this was a stupid mistake?
Recognition is the only thing holding it together (they didn't take it back btw) then yeah it would be a bad deal

I and many others opposed that as well.

If those filthy goons take a step on our holy land, they will regret it. f*ck em and f*ck Somaliland. This is a filter issue it will reveal those who are traitors and those who still have blood flowing in their veins.
that's a call for al kabaab since the FGS won't be able to do much. They have to answer to there funders. Unless the IC gives the go ahead, which most likely they won't because all they care about is fighting/containing al kabaab.

that's a call for al kabaab since the FGS won't be able to do much. They have to answer to there funders. Unless the IC gives the go ahead, which most likely they won't because all they care about is fighting/containing al kabaab.
:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: Nice attempt to compare the opposition to those dogs of hell but they aren't remotely the same and who said anything about violence? Is that the only way to make someone regret something? Ethiopia will be made a pariah state sanctioned and unable to do shit.

The feds will get involved in a potential conflict if negotiations fail and so will Djibouti and allied governments. Did you really think Egypt would watch their arch-nemesis gain a footing on the Red Sea? Why do you think Djibouti has still not restored relations with Biixi and blacklisted him seizing his assets. They don't want this Ethiopian plan either because it will negatively impact Djibouti's port and Somaliland ictiraf is bad for them which is why they've been frenemies for 30 years. Djibouti is a sovereign state they could have easily given Somaliland the ictiraf they desperately want- why haven't they? This is what I was referring to. This Ethiopian plot is an international situation it is not merely a question of Somalis vs their historical enemy.

Last edited:
The feds will get involved in a potential conflict if negotiations fail and so will Djibouti and allied governments. Did you really think Egypt would watch their arch-nemesis gain a footing on the Red Sea? Why do you think Djibouti has still not restored relations with Biixi and blacklisted him seizing his assets. They don't want this Ethiopian plan either because it will negatively impact Djibouti's port and Somaliland ictiraf is bad for them which is why they've been frenemies for 30 years. Djibouti is a sovereign state they could have easily given Somaliland the ictiraf they desperately want- why haven't they? This is what I was referring to. This Ethiopian plot is an international situation it is not merely a question of Somalis vs their historical enemy.

GIF by Pottencial Seguradora S.A.

Captain America Running GIF by Marvel Studios

Those are some good points. But I don't see Egypt or Djibouti getting involved directly. At most they will try to start a proxy war using clans in Awdal. Reer Awdal are more pro Somaliland then ppl like to think. I think MOU goes ahead with pretty no response from FGS like the DP world deal years ago. I'm hoping FGS comes to there senses and recognizes Somaliland on the condition that Ethiopia gets not sea access. That could be a win win situation. But very unlikely.

Those are some good points. But I don't see Egypt or Djibouti getting involved directly. At most they will try to start a proxy war using clans in Awdal. Reer Awdal are more pro Somaliland then ppl like to think. I think MOU goes ahead with pretty no response from FGS like the DP world deal years ago. I'm hoping FGS comes to there senses and recognizes Somaliland on the condition that Ethiopia gets not sea access. That could be a win win situation. But very unlikely.
Awdal may not be anti-Somaliland per se but what makes you think they are okay with Ethiopian presence on their lands? If they were to ever agree with the MOU, they'll want the base in a different location like Berbera.

The southern Somalis don't really care if Ethiopia gets sea access in my opinion.

The southern Somalis sell 2 things, hydrocarbons and strategic influence thats why you have countries lining up to help them and even when they spit in their faces another country turns up. Berbera was so valuable because it's a staging ground for the gulf of aden, red sea, persian gulf and Indian ocean. It's the reason why super powers engaged with Somalia. While the Mogadishu cretins have a legal hold of Berbera they will never let Somaliland go.

All of this politics is just theatre for the masses.

Awdal may not be anti-Somaliland per se but what makes you think they are okay with Ethiopian presence on their lands? If they were to ever agree with the MOU, they'll want the base in a different location like Berbera.
This was also my point- this MOU may well be the straw that breaks the camel's back and especially more so if as we are seeing it ends the region's blockade from the Djiboutian side. The question of Somaliland is slightly more open but this Ethiopian lease is completely unacceptable to them and to many other people in the North.

An open border at Lowyacado and a reversal of Djibouti's agreement with Hargeisa to block supplies of arms, etc to the region and to arrest rebels is a big change. So far Biixi has essentially united the region's people and that of Djibouti who had bad relations since the Bin Ahmed agreement.

This was also my point- this MOU may well be the straw that breaks the camel's back and especially more so if as we are seeing it ends the region's blockade from the Djiboutian side. The question of Somaliland is slightly more open but this Ethiopian lease is completely unacceptable to them and to many other people in the North.

An open border at Lowyacado and a reversal of Djibouti's agreement with Hargeisa to block supplies of arms, etc to the region and to arrest rebels is a big change. So far Biixi has essentially united the region's people and that of Djibouti who had bad relations since the Bin Ahmed agreement.
Another concern is that Ethiopia lacks the funds to go ahead and renovate/built that port since their economy is on the dire straits. Are they supposed to take loans again? Its going to take a long time for anything to happen if the MOU gets signed due to costs and logistics.

And of course, Somalia just gave the Turkish navy carte blanche to operate on their seas including Somaliland. Neither SL or Ethiopia can do anything about that since SL doesn't have its own EEZ.

Somaliland isn't going to unrecognized and poor forever. If anyone is taking up arms against the government let them. If anyone is pro Somaliland staying poor and unrecongized then they are enemies of the state anyway.

Somaliland isn't going to unrecognized and poor forever. If anyone is taking up arms against the government let them. If anyone is pro Somaliland staying poor and unrecongized then they are enemies of the state anyway.
:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

Somaliland is not a state, nor will it be recognised or wealthy.

Opposition is against the betrayal and sale of their land no one cares for delusions of 'statehood' when Ethiopia is gearing up to swallow all remaining Somali territory.

Hadaad adigu tahay Orom iyo wax isir la wadaaga anaga Soomaali baanu nahay, Soomaali baanaan ahaan doona.

Opposition is against the betrayal and sale of their land no one cares for delusions of 'statehood' when Ethiopia is gearing up to swallow all remaining Somali territory.

Hadaad adigu tahay Orom iyo wax isir la wadaaga anaga Soomaali baanu nahay, Soomaali baanaan ahaan doona.

People can still be for recognition while being against the Mou. They can still be for prosperity while being against the Mou.

Your position would be extreme minority within SL, so not worth entertaining.

The End Is Nigh Corona GIF by INTO ACT!ON

Most likely the location will be Isaaq territory. But regardless no lander is 100% ok with Ethiopian presence. But we are 100% for recognition and the progress of our nation. We don't know Ethiopia's future intention 100%. But we 100% know Somalia is our main enemy and once to destroy us. So with those circumstances we forge ahead and hope for the best. Guul Somaliland!!

Most likely the location will be Isaaq territory. But regardless no lander is 100% ok with Ethiopian presence. But we are 100% for recognition and the progress of our nation. We don't know Ethiopia's future intention 100%. But we 100% know Somalia is our main enemy and once to destroy us. So with those circumstances we forge ahead and hope for the best. Guul Somaliland!!
Even if it is on Isaaq territory it is still something to be opposed Ethiopian military presence on Somali territory is treasonous.

You may laugh and think we're not a state but we most be something to make deals with foreign nations while your so called 'real state' is helpless to do anything about it. Like did not see the tour HSM a while ago begging every country to help protect Somalia's so called 'sovereignty'. You have to admit that was quite pathetic. You unionist need to be more humble that's my suggestion your ideas would come off better.

Trending

Latest posts