National emblem of Somaliland

Som

VIP
No offense to Somalilanders, I'm being serious.
Your coat of arms is really cool, beautiful arabic script, cool eagle, olive branches and the scale representing justice is a great symbol but why on earth are there to white / light skinned hands?
The skin tone is not representative of the general skin tone of somalis which is way darker than that.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Some versions have white cadaan hands wtf. The hands are pinkish. No somali has that skin tone
Q0A_Od_aVG94ht7zBstWBSZAhoNv0Q1gmnaKhRcQ3gOQVAH1s0_gxs6VnD8NKHcgab8

GKLQXsOY-kDwshfIif_d15jMBC9EML9UHK9lT0Ed5ihXOHDJqsMh52Z9Zm_Hvv4K7lk

This is an average crowd in Somaliland
Not a single guy in the picture has the same skin tone of the hands in the Somaliland emblem
1.jpg

My Somalilander friends, you need to change the hands to dark brown to match the skin color of most somalis

Last edited:
Somaliland definitely has identity issues. With including Arabic in their coat of arms and flag instead of Somali, and using pale hands instead of a general chocolate hand color.

It's mad embarrassing.

Ozworld

La helaa La waayaa
Regardless, they have the Leopard which is native to Somalia, they have the somali spear.
At least they tried to individualize it compared to Somalilands.
Im saying somalia never designed its flag or coat of arms, they just took the colonial one and rearranged. They should be more creative and make something of their own instead of using a white mans design

Does it bother you that much? Let them dream about their Arab origins

It's embarrassing. If Somaliland is forcibly representing my people, the least they could do is not embarrass us and choose a coat of arms and flag that is authentic Somali. Not this Arabic script filled pale hands atrocity.

Im saying somalia never designed its flag or coat of arms, they just took the colonial one and rearranged. They should be more creative and make something of their own instead of using a white mans design

There could be improvement on the Somalia coat of arms as well.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I find the Arabic more offensive

Reminds me of when I went there and saw ashy cad ad skin with thick mosaic eyebrows. You'd look up at a billboard and see a dhegcas woman and realise that's what they're all trying to imitate :ohlord:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Just leave them , they are a prosperous society , I don't care about the bickering of others , leave them to do whatever , leave them.