OFFICIAL SOMALILAND PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS 2024 THREAD

Who will become the 6th President of Somaliland?

• Abdirahman Mohamed Abdullahi (Cirro) - WADDANI

• Musa Bihi Abdi - KULMIYE

• Faysal Cali Waraabe - UCID

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dooyo

Inaba Caadi Maaha
Elections not happening. MOU getting formalised this month and then somaliland going to war. That's what in the pipeline. The colonels have been holding the cards close to their chest for quite sometime. Now is execution time.

Reer Sool will not be subdued or won over with war. They should be invited to the table, their grievances and concerns should be listened to and a final resolution should be made. The only party who’s open to doing that is Waddani. Reer Sool can only be reeled in with Waddani.

They’re not wholeheartedly sure about creating their own mamuul, nor do they want to join Puntland. I’m calling it now, “SSC-Khatumo” will cease to exist a week after Cirro takes power :fittytousand:

And it’s freaking October, there’s no last minute MOU finalizations being made right before the elections.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
We just want it to last for only 1 month, its not necessary for it to last past the election date unless hillaac manages to be a national party
Kulmiye are self sabotaging party. If they were smart they wouldve tried to garner samaroon votes who are probably same size as HJ

@Itsnotthateasy I’d also like to hear your views. It’s not everyday independence let’s discuss the problems inside first

Faisal is my favourite but talks too reckless to be President. Muse Bixi angered too many people to carry on, so it's got to be Cirro. I don't really know. I don't care, I know people who have switched between these parties, lol.

But let me try to add more, I think Waddani's approach should be tried. Somaliland needs a shared identity beyond SNM i think that's probably correct in the long term. I think this is the correct choice.

Last edited:
Faisal is my favourite but talks too reckless to be President. Muse Bixi angered too many people to carry on, so it's got to be Cirro. I don't really know. I don't care, I know people who have switched between these parties, lol.

But let me try to add more, I think Waddani's approach should be tried. Somaliland needs a shared identity beyond SNM i think that's probably correct in the long term. I think this is the correct choice.
To be honest I don’t think SNM is the problem, that’s more what people think on the outside, a lot of the older SNM members haven’t been on the best terms with SL…It’s more Kacaan era than SNM.

A lot of these politicians are just far too old. Is there a single person in any position of power under the age of 60? And All 3 of the election candidates are 70+ FFS. For a place where the majority of people are under the age of 21 it’s just never going to work

To be honest I don’t think SNM is the problem, that’s more what people think on the outside, a lot of the older SNM members haven’t been on the best terms with SL…It’s more Kacaan era than SNM.

A lot of these politicians are just far too old. Is there a single person in any position of power under the age of 60? And All 3 of the election candidates are 70+ FFS. For a country where the majority of people are under the age of 21 it’s just never going to work

Did Muse Bixi do some things about corruption? I heard from some people he actually ended a lot of the corruption. But he was too tough on some situations he needed to be more careful and in the end he fucked up. I think Waddani set up him a couple times at least too, lol.

Yeah these guys are all old but I don't see another way. You need experience to even know what's going on because there's so many different groups involved in the politics.

Did Muse Bixi do some things about corruption? I heard from some people he actually ended a lot of the corruption. But he was too tough on some situations he needed to be more careful and in the end he fucked up. I think Waddani set up him a couple times at least too, lol.

Yeah these guys are all old but I don't see another way. You need experience to even know what's going on because there's so many different groups involved in the politics.
He did not,I know someone who could’ve got Sl equipment that was badly needed during the conflict in sool and that contract went to someone close to the president that was grossly incompetent,close to a mil was wasted and the rest is history as they say

Araabi

Awdalite
Highly unlikely that Biixi will allow elections to take place. He knows he will lose. It's already October and the list for the polling stations have not been released.

It's all fake. He will create a conflict to avoid elections.

Highly unlikely that Biixi will allow elections to take place. He knows he will lose. It's already October and the list for the polling stations have not been released.

It's all fake. He will create a conflict to avoid elections.
Probably for security reasons. The failed regimes of Mogadishu and Djibouti are suspected to want to interfere why give them so much time to plan.

Arkan

RM7
yes he is.

you were caring when he was crying about his uruur overthrowing him.
Exactly. Why would I or anyone else still care for a weak man? He's lost what little respect he had left.

Ilma Bixi can carry on keep licking his feet to spite his clan but he does not carry anything of worth along.

Presidential candidates summarised:
Cirro- stable, shows signs of working with villa Somalia to integrate back in
Biixi- highway to hell and disintegration (much quicker) I think prof samatar backs biixi because he wants this SL project down the drain as quickly as possible

I endorse both candidates since it’s a win win outcome for Al Jabartiyah

Presidential candidates summarised:
Cirro- stable, shows signs of working with villa Somalia to integrate back in
Biixi- highway to hell and disintegration (much quicker) I think prof samatar backs biixi because he wants this SL project down the drain as quickly as possible

I endorse both candidates since it’s a win win outcome for Al Jabartiyah
Al-Isaxaqiyah project will prevail over Al-Jabartiyah one ☝️😤

Trending