Old Yemeni

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old yemeni script
s_arabn.gif

Extinct languages should be revived

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
What did the ancient Somalis script look like?
There's an image floating around of an old-ass tablet found in Somalia that has symbols and letters people have been unable to decipher so far.
Pretty sure it didn't look that different from Ge'ez or this script, unless my memory is failing me.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Which one?
My bad - it was actually an ancient tablet written using Wadaad's (Arabic) script. A tablet with ancient inscriptions on it has been found, but there are no images of it online. I have no idea why, it would be incredibly useful to look at historically. Maybe if more people could look at it, we could have a higher chance of deciphering it. There might be stuff on there that would completely reinvent the way we look at our history.

My bad - it was actually an ancient tablet written using Wadaad's (Arabic) script. A tablet with ancient inscriptions on it has been found, but there are no images of it online. I have no idea why, it would be incredibly useful to look at historically. Maybe if more people could look at it, we could have a higher chance of deciphering it. There might be stuff on there that would completely reinvent the way we look at our history.

Oh right. I thought you were talking about the one that always shows the tablet and a zoomed in section on the side.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
This is some old Somali inscriptions.

6ec3165160847d4adec806af476cf175.jpg

Here is some Sabean writing found in Somalia by Sada Mire
jjwpjq.jpg

This is Wadaad Script (Somali language using Arabic alphabet)
Somali_Stone.jpg

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
So part of somalia was part of d'mt?
NO! Somalia had its own city states at the time of D'mt. Archeologists found Ancient Egyptian, Mycenanean (Greek), and Persian pottery dating back to the 17th century BC in Northern Somalia which means that Somalia was the Land of Punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.