Parliament Passes The Bill To Finish The Constitution.

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
How? 0.5 will benefit from this.
2 parties. No they won’t. Don’t let these guys guys fool you. The parties are already exclusively one qabil+getting rid of PM.

-no other Somalis will be able to run for president
-with no PM the president can do whatever he wants unchecked, the VP will consist of the other party.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
2 parties. No they won’t. Don’t let these guys guys fool you. The parties are already exclusively one qabil+getting rid of PM.

-with no PM the president can do whatever he wants unchecked, the VP will consist of the other party.

Lets see the details come out, but anything beats 4.5, that system needs to be removed.

Maybe they benefit as they will get more seats but it’s not like they’ll be doing anything other than toeing the party line and agreeing with HSM and North/Isaaq interests. They are abolishing the 4.5 and replacing it with two that they’ll call north and south officially but in reality it’ll be isaaq and hawiye. What do you think they do when muse and HSM do when the meet up in Djibouti? Play ludo and compare notes on how much they’ve managed to suck out from gov funds?
Why would the daarood MPS vote for that? Why would JL agree to that? Or Laftagareen? You can't sideline half of the country in hope to bring back a part of the country. I'm against the 2 party system, but I don't believe for a second it will be Isaaq/Hawiye parties. Could be Waqooyi/South parties but even in that case Waqooyi would lose every election as they're not the majority. So why would they agree to such terms?

He is removing the PM? That's interesting.

The country is finished. Mogadishu is now a city state and Somalia will unwillingly go down the path towards balkanization.
can you explain to us why? 4.5 is unjust and this PM position that's seemingly only reserved for hawiye and darods is also unjust so what's wrong with throwing away both of them? comon man.

can you explain to us why? 4.5 is unjust and this PM position that's seemingly only reserved for hawiye and darods is also unjust so what's wrong with throwing away both of them? comon man.

Most people don't object to abolishing the 4.5 system. But that doesn't mean that everyone agree with the provisions of amendments to the constitutions being pushed through.

Pastoralist

VIP
none of us are against abolition of the cursed 4.5 or 1m1v. Look at these

Look at the US elections. People don’t even vote for who they want. They vote for Biden because they don’t want Trump, and vice versa. People are trapped by the lack of options. This allows shitty politicians and political parties to stay in charge

No its not the same system like in 1960, there were unlimited political parties back then.

A 2 party system means that Somalis won't really have any choice, its either HSM or the other party. HSM wants this because by limiting his opposition to just one, he has a higher chance to win. If he can turn the other party into Darood, then he can appeal on clan lines so that people vote against them just like he did against Farmaajo. The more Somali people vote on qabiil lines, the more it benefits HSM.

I think 2 party system institutionalizes qabiil instead of eradicates it. If people can be convinced that voting for the other party is against their clan interests, they won't vote for them. Unsustainable and may lead to more conflict in the future.

Most people don't object to abolishing the 4.5 system. But that doesn't mean that everyone agree with the provisions of amendments to the constitutions being pushed through.
I remember seeing some Eritrean lady who was Somali national attempting to make her own party couple years back. This way at least we don't have to worry about fifth columners trying to run for office.
Besides, this change doesn't have to be indefinite. There's the option to always revisit and make amendments when we are more civilized.

none of us are against abolition of the cursed 4.5 or 1m1v. Look at these
we had 39 hawiye niggas running for president last year lmao! That's much worse, that's like qabiil on the biggest steroids out there.
At least this way, we can put a stop to that stupid shenanigans where anyone and they mama can run.

Pastoralist

VIP
we had 39 hawiye niggas running for president last year lmao! That's much worse, that's like qabiil on the biggest steroids out there.
At least this way, we can put a stop to that stupid shenanigans where anyone and they mama can run.
As they should, 39 is much more respresentive of the population and who they might want. If I don’t like Hassan’s politics or the other party, I still have 37 other parties to choose from. But now with two parties, I am forced to choose between two. This limits freedom of choice.
I remember seeing some Eritrean lady who was Somali national attempting to make her own party couple years back. This way at least we don't have to worry about fifth columners trying to run for office.
What’s wrong with someone who is Somali national running ? 😐 may the best man or woman win, Eritrean are wadani, I may have voted for her. Madow and barwani should be able to run too. All Somalis are all equal as long as they are nationals and know our language, but clearly some people don’t think as much.

How is your example of the that Eritrean individual relevant here? What's the likelihood of that happening?

The answer isn't either restricting people's ability to elect between two parties only and using extreme scenarios as justification. Even if there needs to some type of 'cap' to the number of parties, there needs to be at least a number of different ones that can represent a diverse political ideologies. Two party system benefits the current political elites.

Besides, this change doesn't have to be indefinite. There's the option to always revisit and make amendments when we are more civilized.

We're talking about the constitution, not regular laws that can easily be changed at any point.

Instead of thinking in terms of indefinite or not, or civilized (???), how about asking yourself why there's no compromise? Or why they're trying force through despite the opposition?

Let's usher in a proper democracy model rather than a botched one.

How is your example of the that Eritrean individual relevant here? What's the likelihood of that happening?

The answer isn't either restricting people's ability to elect between two parties only and using extreme scenarios as justification. Even if there needs to some type of 'cap' to the number of parties, there needs to be at least a number of different ones that can represent a diverse political ideologies. Two party system benefits the current political elites.

We're talking about the constitution, not regular laws that can easily be changed at any point.

Instead of thinking in terms of indefinite or not, or civilized (???), how about asking yourself why there's no compromise? Or why they're trying force through despite the opposition?

Let's usher in a proper democracy model rather than a botched one.
I'll be honest, I am not well versed on this particular topic.
Maybe you can catch me up to speed?

What exactly is so bad with it?

As they should, 39 is much more respresentive of the population and who they might want. If I don’t like Hassan’s politics or the other party, I still have 37 other parties to choose from. But now with two parties, I am forced to choose between two. This limits freedom of choice.

What’s wrong with someone who is Somali national running ? 😐 may the best man or woman win, Eritrean are wadani, I may have voted for her. Madow and barwani should be able to run too. All Somalis are all equal as long as they are nationals and know our language, but clearly some people don’t think as much.
first of all I don't want non Somalis running for office, I just don't trust them. Would you trust an oromo Somali national to not bend the knee for abiye when it comes to getting a sea(if we had one as president today).

Secondly, Somalis civilians don't even vote today, you and I wouldn't vote. We won't vote for a while, and no matter what the mode of elections are, won't people always vote along clan lines? or at least vote against other clans they dislike?

first of all I don't want non Somalis running for office, I just don't trust them. Would you trust an oromo Somali national to not bend the knee for abiye when it comes to getting a sea(if we had one as president today).

Secondly, Somalis civilians don't even vote today, you and I wouldn't vote. We won't vote for a while, and no matter what the mode of elections are, won't people always vote along clan lines? or at least vote against other clans they dislike?
we already have somalis shaking their asses for abiye and UAE

Trending

Latest posts