Parliament Passes The Bill To Finish The Constitution.

Anyone should have a right to run for president. Two parties is limiting to the point where even Puntland shames this government. So good news for anyone from puntland who wants independence. Opposition parties will only allow their agendas to flourish, we won’t ever get to see the Somalia af-maay or RX want. 👎

there will be no country left. At least for south, pretty sure you guys will be fine.

I don't think there's a system that makes everyone happy. Better everyone make his own country.

Jungle

VIP
Screenshot_20240124_120042_Facebook.jpg

Cid loo joojinaayo ma jirto! I told the delusional puntlanders after getting carried away with deni shuluqs win.

Former president & my MP Sheikh Sharif seems to be against what is ongoing. I have to see the makeup of the qabils that voted.

View attachment 312487
It was all going well until read this last article :comeon:

Jug jug meeshaada joog LMAO

We going from Ku meel gaar to Ku meel gaar until Somaliland issue resolved :mjpls:
Some of you are so gullible.
Amisom are leaving btw half of them were sent back and the remaining ones will depart too within this year no more wasting time surely things will come back to how it used to be the spoilers can cope and seethe
They are gone from Middle Shabelle tbh. There are some in Jowhar and they will be leaving soon.

FB_IMG_1706094927744.jpg

FB_IMG_1706094975134.jpg

FB_IMG_1706095028734.jpg
FB_IMG_1706095010089.jpg

Cali Guudlaawe is already preparing himself.

This Amisom talk is so laughable to me lol

Jowhar: 22, Janaayo, 2024: Madaxweynaha Dowladda Hirshabeelle Mudane Cali Guudlaawe Xuseen ayaa maanta tababar usoo xiray cutubyo ka tirsan ciidamada sida gaarka ah u tababaran ee Madaxtooyada Dowlada Hirshabeelle oo mudo tababar uga socday Caasimada Jowhar.

Madaxweynaha ayaa tilmaamay in ciidankaan daraawiishta ah ay u diyaarsan yihiin adkeynta amniga caasimada, Madaxtooyada sidoo kalana ay ka qeyb qaadan doonaan wajiga labaad ee howlgalada lagu ciribtirayo kooxda khawaarijta ah ee alshabaab.

-DHAMAAD-
XAFIISKA WARFAAFINTA MADAXTOOYADA DOWLADDA HIRSHABEELE

World

VIP
Yes they want us to stay trapped in this 4.5 qabiil system forever which is the main reason why our country is divided
They're against a 2 party system which in my opinion is undemocratic and problematic. Instead of letting people vote for who they want, they will be forced to voting for HSM and one other opposition party.

Dalac Bilaash

☠ Emperor of The Horn ☠
They're against a 2 party system which in my opinion is undemocratic and problematic. Instead of letting people vote for who they want, they will be forced to voting for HSM and one other opposition party.
The two parties will consist of every single Somaliweyn it's not problematic it will work it's the same system we had back in 1960s

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
farmaajo is a langaab in xamar so he got dragged out of the villa. Hassan has xoog in xamar, so I’m interested to see how this will go.

Pastoralist

VIP
The two parties will consist of every single Somaliweyn it's not problematic it will work it's the same system we had back in 1960s
The point of a party is different ideologies. Like Canada has Green Party which is for the environment, they have québécois who are racist asf, conservative that want to make Canada centre of capitalism, NDP who are neutral, and liberals who believe in social benefits & diversity. There’s like 15 more

Somalia will only have two ideologies. That’s extremely limiting, even if someone is Madow in Hassan’s party, they will only be extension of Hassan himself, they won’t be standing for Madow beliefs.

Pastoralist

VIP
Nothing will ever happen this bill already got passed
That’s why I’m saying it’ll be interested to see. Abdishakur party just got kicked to the curb and so did sheikh sharif in place of Kulmiye.

bro two niggas with the same political ideology are going to be to be running against each other, it’s over😂 you can’t win if you don’t want Hassan, or if you don’t want bihi.

The point of a party is different ideologies. Like Canada has Green Party which is for the environment, they have québécois who are racist asf, conservative that want to make Canada centre of capitalism, NDP who are neutral, and liberals who believe in social benefits & diversity. There’s like 15 more

Somalia will only have two ideologies. That’s extremely limiting, even if someone is Madow in Hassan’s party, they will only be extension of Hassan himself, they won’t be standing for Madow beliefs.
Look at the US elections. People don’t even vote for who they want. They vote for Biden because they don’t want Trump, and vice versa. People are trapped by the lack of options. This allows shitty politicians and political parties to stay in charge

Pastoralist

VIP
Look at the US elections. People don’t even vote for who they want. They vote for Biden because they don’t want Trump, and vice versa. People are trapped by the lack of options. This allows shitty politicians and political parties to stay in charge
Hassan and Bihi as opposition:
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

World

VIP
No its not the same system like in 1960, there were unlimited political parties back then.

A 2 party system means that Somalis won't really have any choice, its either HSM or the other party. HSM wants this because by limiting his opposition to just one, he has a higher chance to win. If he can turn the other party into Darood, then he can appeal on clan lines so that people vote against them just like he did against Farmaajo. The more Somali people vote on qabiil lines, the more it benefits HSM.

I think 2 party system institutionalizes qabiil instead of eradicates it. If people can be convinced that voting for the other party is against their clan interests, they won't vote for them. Unsustainable and may lead to more conflict in the future.

But that's how democracy is in everywhere, there are only 2 big parties in every country and their allies.

But that's how democracy is in everywhere, there are only 2 big parties in every country and their allies.
In the US there aren’t any allies, all you get are the two main parties. At least in the parliamentary systems with multiple parties the main parties usually need to form alliances with smaller parties to form a coalition. This gives smaller parties leverage and allows them to play “kingmaker”

In the US, smaller parties are useless and have no power. They actually help the opposition. Small right wing parties like the libertarian party help the democrats because it splits the republican vote. Smaller left wing parties empower the republicans by splitting the democrat votes

Minority groups and those who oppose the establishment have no power or influence in two party systems

abolishing 4.5, Presidential system, abolishing the PM positions and 1m1v national elections, 5 year term and 2 parties to complete for national elections
These are all good things that Somalia desperately needs. The enemies of Somalia want us to stay in perpetual stalemate. I supported the last government on all these constitutional changes and I will support the current and the next government.

Avalanche

Guul iyo Gobanimo
VIP
I don't know about 2 party system but the rest sounds fine, honestly we will never all agree on something so as long as its not so controversial, it shouldn't be a problem

I don't know about 2 party system but the rest sounds fine, honestly we will never all agree on something so as long as its not so controversial, it shouldn't be a problem
What about the 5 year term am I the only one that thinks that is a bit long??