Popular Sheikh Insults "Afro-Hair", Gets Posted on Black Forum

Yes huuno. The sheikh was not articulate. But he was honest. In that --that is how he feels about thick afro hairs.

He should know better people will offended. There should be a fatwah on how to handle thick afro hair Islamically

Some people's hair grow out straight, some wavy, some curly, some kinky, some don't have hair at all. Nothing is messy about a natural hair pattern.

You could be right about that man, not even seen the video, but in general:

There is a difference between preference and being ignorant and hateful. Nobody is forced to like a certain phenotype, however, there is something definitely wrong with saying Allah's creation is ugly. Over a Billion Africans and people of African descent have kinky hair. This man put kinky hair at the same level as a lack of hygiene, that's outrageously ignorant.
A bit of context. He’s Khaleeji and they find very curly hair unattractive. Many Arabs have naturally curly hair and they literally spend hundreds using Brazilian blow dry/relaxers ect because the beauty standards is long sleek hair. His societal prejudice is coming out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As he is preaching to a wide audience, he should be careful with his words and he needs to understand that amongst certain groups with naturally kinky hair, they’ve accepted and embraced the hair Allah gave them, so the least he could do is not portray it as ugly.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
One Ummah is the nightmare of deviants and pseudo-Muslim liberals. We all true Muslims should aspire to unite as one. United we stand divided we fall.

It will never to be possible to unite as one through religion. You can't do it through ethnic group or race but you think you can by using religion ? Cmon now

There’s nothing wrong with finding Afro hair ugly or even Black people ugly, just like there’s nothing wrong with finding White people or their hair texture ugly, that’s not racist. Racism is when you look down or mistreat a certain racial/ethnic/tribal group merely because they are different from you. Everyone is entitled to their preferences so we need to stop with this SJW politically correct nonsense.

Also English is not his first language and it’s clear he’s not talking about people with naturally Afro hair, he’s talking about woman who have unkempt hair and it’s all over the place. We should have positive assumptions about others before jumping to the β€œracist” SJW cancel culture bandwagon.
I don’t think we should call the Shiekh racist at all btw, so I don’t have issues with your overall message.

However, I’m sick and tired of people using β€˜preference’ to say disrespectful things. I have preferences, however that doesn’t mean I can look down on what isn’t my preference.

1. Example β€˜ I prefer taller men’- Normal Preference and polite.

2. Example β€˜ I like taller men, short men are terrible’ - rude and unnecessary.

People need to learn to simply talk about their preferences WITHOUT mentioning what they don’t like when it comes to people. You’d think people would understand this. It’s common manners that one would learn at home, not β€˜SJW’.

Last edited:
A bit of context. He’s Khaleeji and they find very curly hair unattractive. Many Arabs have naturally curly hair and they literally spend hundreds using Brazilian blow dry/relaxers ect because the beauty standards is long sleek hair. His societal prejudice is coming out.

As he is preaching to a wide audience, he should be careful with his words and he needs to understand that amongst certain groups with naturally kinky hair, they’ve accepted and embraced the hair Allah gave them, so the least he could do is not portray it as ugly.

Girl!! I've seen so many curly, kinky hair products in Arab countries, looool

Oh yes, Egyptians especially, can have very kinky hair even with pale skin, but we know their true DNA tea, even if they deny it.

Self-hate is a terrible thing.

Girl!! I've seen so many curly, kinky hair products in Arab countries, looool

Oh yes, Egyptians especially, can have very kinky hair even with pale skin, but we know their true DNA tea, even if they deny it.

Self-hate is a terrible thing.
That is why I don’t see his statements as racist. it comes from a place of ignorance and societal programming. I suppose we’re a product of our environment, also it’s hypocritical for us to judge when we damn well know that a Somali odey and Habayar have the same mentality.

Also,many of them have curly hair but unfortunately, many of them have been raised to dislike it and not know how to look after it. Very similar to us. Let’s be real, apart from the younger generations leading the way, I remember at wedding all of us would be rocking straight hair and my own mum would look at me funny if I tried to go with curly hair and I have 3a/b hair.

That is why I don’t see his statements as racist. it comes from a place of ignorance and societal programming. I suppose we’re a product of our environment, also it’s hypocritical for us to judge when we damn well know that a Somali odey and Habayar have the same mentality.

Also,many of them have curly hair but unfortunately, many of them have been raised to dislike it and not know how to look after it. Very similar to us. Let’s be real, apart from the younger generations leading the way, I remember at wedding all of us would be rocking straight hair and my own mum would look at me funny if I tried to
go with my hair curly and I have 3b hair!

Absolutely true sis. Somalis have self-hate issues and also discriminate heavily.

Not long ago, I was watching this wedding video and the Somalis back home made a striking comment; they said that diaspora girls love their own skin-tone and don't hide it with bleach and foundation!

We all need to hold ourselves responsible for teaching our children self-love and empathy for others.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You could be right about that man, not even seen the video, but in general:

There is a difference between preference and being ignorant and hateful. Nobody is forced to like a certain phenotype, however, there is something definitely wrong with saying Allah's creation is ugly. Over a Billion Africans and people of African descent have kinky hair. This man put kinky hair at the same level as a lack of hygiene, that's outrageously ignorant.
These dudes be acting super islamic here then be typing ignorant shit like that. Who was talking about attraction? He is degrading afro hair texture. Their hair (straight) becomes matted when it's unkempt, it doesn't become an afro but he spoke specifically about afro hair. He knows English pretty well, I watch his lectures.

World

VIP

Even the whitest Arabs who are Lebanese have about 7 % Sub Saharan African DNA dating back to medieval slave trade on average, let alone Egyptians.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It will never to be possible to unite as one through religion. You can't do it through ethnic group or race but you think you can by using religion ? Cmon now

Allaaah swt told us if he wanted he would have made us into one nation. He said he divided us so we can check ourselves.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

Girl these Moroccans got even curlier hair. Look at their football team, half of their hair is on the brink of type 4 but they straighten it until the it's so damaged the curl pattern dies.
:russ:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Girl these Moroccans got even curlier hair. Look at their football team, half of their hair is on the brink of type 4 but they straighten it until the it's so damaged the curl pattern dies.

u gotta do what u gotta do---my hair is not indian like my mom due to my mj grand parents. I don't forgive em at all

Lol Yh, but Maghrebis tend to embrace the curls. I know a few Moroccan girls with gorgeous big curly hair and they know how to rock it.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Lol Yh, but Maghrebis tend to embrace the curls. I know a few Moroccan girls with gorgeous big curly hair and they know how to rock it.
I've seen a lot here with this hair type. I would say the men straighten their hair more than the women tbh. They need a curl routine
:heh:
main-qimg-d0b6e9cdb7a8b8d25ef936c113b9ea09-lq.jpeg