President HSM names Asad Diyaano as Head of National Police

This comes just a day after Deni challenged him to a debate. For the stability of Somalia, this cannot be seen as a wise move, as it further strains relations between the FGS and the Federal Member States. Having mostly subdued Laftagareen, perhaps he feels comfortable enough to make this decision.

From a political strategy standpoint, this is a high-risk, high-reward move. In one stroke, heโ€™s allied with and legitimized a force in Puntland, posing a threat to the regionโ€™s stability.

One major issue is that many people have convinced themselves that HSM is foolish, which couldn't be further from the truth. He is one of the few Somali politicians with a legitimate PhD from a Western university. While he is incredibly corrupt and a notorious flip-flopper, he is far from dumb. Every action he takes is aimed at consolidating more power. If you focus on that thread, his moves appear quite consistent. In the tug-of-war between the FGS and FMS, the FGS seems to be gradually gaining the upper hand.

I've generally been positive about Deni's tenure, but it's time to take off the rose-colored glasses. How he's allowed both ISIS in the mountains and the PSF to remain persistent threats is beyond me.

cow

VIP
And the games have officially began.

I expect asad diyaano will name the hundreds of soldiers under his command as special police forces that take direct order from ulusow.

So ulusow will have military presence in puntland.

Walalaha badbaado qaran deni vs ulusow.

So far 1 -0 to ulusow

Giving positions to 8 exiled Puntlanders will not change anything. HSM is mad because PL is taking the spotlight after meetings with high ranking officials from the international community. No more using handouts for political gains.

TekNiKo

โ€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
This comes just a day after Deni challenged him to a debate. For the stability of Somalia, this cannot be seen as a wise move, as it further strains relations between the FGS and the Federal Member States. Having mostly subdued Laftagareen, perhaps he feels comfortable enough to make this decision.

From a political strategy standpoint, this is a high-risk, high-reward move. In one stroke, heโ€™s allied with and legitimized a force in Puntland, posing a threat to the regionโ€™s stability.

One major issue is that many people have convinced themselves that HSM is foolish, which couldn't be further from the truth. He is one of the few Somali politicians with a legitimate PhD from a Western university. While he is incredibly corrupt and a notorious flip-flopper, he is far from dumb. Every action he takes is aimed at consolidating more power. If you focus on that thread, his moves appear quite consistent. In the tug-of-war between the FGS and FMS, the FGS seems to be gradually gaining the upper hand.

I've generally been positive about Deni's tenure, but it's time to take off the rose-colored glasses. How he's allowed both ISIS in the mountains and the PSF to remain persistent threats is beyond me.
Hes doing what I urged Farmaajo to do in 2019, empowerr Asad Diyaano and PSF so Puntland can be put under FGS fold. Culusow is proving to be an astute strategist.

Hes doing what I urged Farmaajo to do in 2019, empowerr Asad Diyaano and PSF so Puntland can be put under FGS fold. Culusow is proving to be an astute strategist.

He targeted JL, by appointing Barre as Prime Minister. He got rid off Hiiraan-state movement by directly integrating the leader of that movement into the Federal Government. His plan of replacing Ethiopian influence with Egyptian support, effectively undermining the dominant power in SWS. At the same time, he reassured LG by promising him continued authority, and making him a direct suborindate. Galmudug and HS are his tribal strongholds, which, as seen in previous elections, will unite around him when needed.

Imagine someone cheating off you and getting a higher grade for it. Farmaajo must be frustrated.

He is very much playing with fire, I could see this all blow up on his face and absolutely disintegrate the country. I don't like this brand of politickeering, in the end its about gaining more power and does nothing to improve the material condition of the nation.

And the games have officially began.

I expect asad diyaano will name the hundreds of soldiers under his command as special police forces that take direct order from ulusow.

So ulusow will have military presence in puntland.

Walalaha badbaado qaran deni vs ulusow.

So far 1 -0 to ulusow

Pubtland is not a tiny cubudqaaq where their only airstrip was shut down by Fiqi Mohamed of all people. You mad because PL is not coming to save you.

TekNiKo

โ€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
He targeted JL, by appointing Barre as Prime Minister. He got rid off Hiiraan-state movement by directly integrating the leader of that movement into the Federal Government. His plan of replacing Ethiopian influence with Egyptian support, effectively undermining the dominant power in SWS. At the same time, he reassured LG by promising him continued authority, and making him a direct suborindate. Galmudug and HS are his tribal strongholds, which, as seen in previous elections, will unite around him when needed.

Imagine someone cheating off you and getting a higher grade for it. Farmaajo must be frustrated.

He is very much playing with fire, I could see this all blow up on his face and absolutely disintegrate the country. I don't like this brand of politickeering

He is very much playing with fire, I could see this all blow up on his face and absolutely disintegrate the country. I don't like this brand of politickeering, in the end its about gaining more power and does nothing to improve the material condition of the nation

He is very much playing with fire, I could see this all blow up on his face and absolutely disintegrate the country. I don't like this brand of politickeering, in the end its about gaining more power and does nothing to improve the material condition of the nation.
Farmaajo was too meek and lacked the cut throat qualities needed to maneuvre these shameless politicians

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
to be honest PL is the best state but their actions are quite vexing. They voted for the current president, theyโ€™ve experienced his corruption, they still knew what they were getting into, and they still refuse to work with him to move Somalia forward, but instead vie for bakinization. Tired of them. This is good move from Hassan. Against his presidency in general, but his further centralization of Somalia is well done.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Even after 100 years, people donโ€™t understand how our political culture in Puntland works.

Asad Diyaanoโ€™s future in state and federal politics have come to an end. This appointment totally delegitimizes him in Puntland. It means the exact opposite of what posters here think. The PSF is finished and will surrender soon as a result of this. Asad Diyaano, by seeking & accepting this appointment, has forfeited and admitted defeat by Deni.

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
He was too soft and tried to win them over through appeasement, Iโ€™m glad Hassan witnessed his term and learned from it to use the language these treasonous guys speak. Xoog.

Tbh this was in the works for a long time, he was begging for a post in Xamar because he was finished in PL, his appointment to police chief signifies his defeat to Deni. The PSF will likely be incorporated into the darawish state forces after this.

Bari

Garabsare
Tbh this was in the works for a long time, he was begging for a post in Xamar because he was finished in PL, his appointment to police chief signifies his defeat to Deni. The PSF will likely be incorporated into the darawish state forces after this.
This also finishes him off politically within Puntland, his party Mideeye which was once the second strongest party could take a huge hit due to this. If Deni implements 1M1V then kaah is speed rolling through the polls with the 2nd option possible being sincad(jebiye).

Somali Saayid

Frm President of Somalia, MP for Life, Cheese Love
VIP
I donโ€™t reject that the latter could happen. However the PSF have been very very hostile to the state forces. I could see their association with HSM branding them a fifth column and loss of a support base.

PSF seems to be a relatively radicalised force in their opposition however. With them threating to lock down the airport and brandishing technicals through the streets of Bosaso. Time will tell.

Trending

Latest posts