President HSM names Asad Diyaano as Head of National Police

I don’t reject that the latter could happen. However the PSF have been very very hostile to the state forces. I could see their association with HSM branding them a fifth column and loss of a support base.

PSF seems to be a relatively radicalised force in their opposition however. With them threating to lock down the airport and brandishing technicals through the streets of Bosaso. Time will tell.
This stuff is just Chinese whispers, nothing happened in bosaso and they have been losing fighters to defection. But of course people hype things up all the time

This comes just a day after Deni challenged him to a debate. For the stability of Somalia, this cannot be seen as a wise move, as it further strains relations between the FGS and the Federal Member States. Having mostly subdued Laftagareen, perhaps he feels comfortable enough to make this decision.

From a political strategy standpoint, this is a high-risk, high-reward move. In one stroke, he’s allied with and legitimized a force in Puntland, posing a threat to the region’s stability.

One major issue is that many people have convinced themselves that HSM is foolish, which couldn't be further from the truth. He is one of the few Somali politicians with a legitimate PhD from a Western university. While he is incredibly corrupt and a notorious flip-flopper, he is far from dumb. Every action he takes is aimed at consolidating more power. If you focus on that thread, his moves appear quite consistent. In the tug-of-war between the FGS and FMS, the FGS seems to be gradually gaining the upper hand.

I've generally been positive about Deni's tenure, but it's time to take off the rose-colored glasses. How he's allowed both ISIS in the mountains and the PSF to remain persistent threats is beyond me.

The IC is slowing withdrawing it's political influence and letting the FGS take over. They are also going to wind down their material support and that's where things can get dicey.

HSM isn't so much building up the FGS as dismantling the competition. His strategy is to privatize the state, sell it off, and avoid building institutions that way they can't be used against you when you lose power. The other side of his strategy to increase his clans defacto power on the ground by arming militias.

His ideal is a weak FGS and totally decimated FMSs that's where his clan prospers the most. A weak central authority that can't really exert itself on the defacto power of his clan and that can be easily toppled if it tries.

Last edited:

cow

VIP
Pubtland is not a tiny cubudqaaq where their only airstrip was shut down by Fiqi Mohamed of all people. You mad because PL is not coming to save you.

Don't get emotional sxb quoting some Facebook delusional miskiins won't derial this topic.

Our horgal fartaag when he was sent to caabudwaaq to bring the weapons back to ulusow was basically told to f off. Our horgals don't have any power. Your horgal asad diyaano has hundreds of men armed to the teeth who as of today take direct orders from ulusow.

Asad diyaano in the coming months will be busy recruiting more and more men. I will be here with my feet up eating popcorn and enjoying the badbaado qaran internal conflict.

cow

VIP
Even after 100 years, people don’t understand how our political culture in Puntland works.

Asad Diyaano’s future in state and federal politics have come to an end. This appointment totally delegitimizes him in Puntland. It means the exact opposite of what posters here think. The PSF is finished and will surrender soon as a result of this. Asad Diyaano, by seeking & accepting this appointment, has forfeited and admitted defeat by Deni.

What you fail to understand is puntland today is similar to jubbaland a one man show.

The Deni show. And one man show always end badly for everyone.

Don't get emotional sxb quoting some Facebook delusional miskiins won't derial this topic.

Our horgal fartaag when he was sent to caabudwaaq to bring the weapons back to ulusow was basically told to f off. Our horgals don't have any power. Your horgal asad diyaano has hundreds of men armed to the teeth who as of today take direct orders from ulusow.

Asad diyaano in the coming months will be busy recruiting more and more men. I will be here with my feet up eating popcorn and enjoying the badbaado qaran internal conflict.
This is not the first time Puntlanders are in charge of the Somali National Police. General Dayax who is also MJ has been in charge of Ciidanka lugta for the past two years but we never mention his name unlike you two that are shamelessly doing leef leef for a man that despises your booon tribe.

Ileen this is why u were all up in that thread tekniko n cow pissed u off

Throwing Fa Cup GIF by Emirates FA Cup

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Two things are certain with this appointment:
  1. The political future of Asad Diyano in Puntland has diminished significantly and he will be seen as the stooge who went to HSM begging for a post when FGS were in a bitter political battle with Puntland. The sellout who abandoned his people in the middle of a fight.
  2. Deni WILL HAVE to finish off the rogue PSF faction in Bosaso that's loyal to Asad Diyano. If he doesn't do that immediately then they'll disturb the peace, obstruct the rule of law and become full-time gangs within the City. Deni should lead with conviction and get rid off them once and for all, before they humiliate him and expand their influence.

cow

VIP
This is not the first time Puntlanders are in charge of the Somali National Police. General Dayax who is also MJ has been in charge of Ciidanka lugta for the past two years but we never mention his name unlike you two that are shamelessly doing leef leef for a man that despises your booon tribe.

You joined badbaado qaran against farmaajo. I haven't joined anything yet.

Ulusow despises my clan and so does deni. Again stop being emotional. The army guy doesn't have ground forces inside puntland. Asad diyaano does and that is the big difference.

You can dish it but can't even take it. Imagine if I helped Ulusow like you helped him against us in 2019 to 2022. How much calaacal would we hear from you.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Agree with abdirashid. This is not some massive political shift that will undermine puntland but Business as usual. Plus PSF is funded from abroad why would it give up authority and fall under fgs and risks its troops and funds being politicized by next administrations

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Agree with abdirashid. This is not some massive political shift that will undermine puntland but Business as usual. Plus PSF is funded from abroad why would it give up authority and fall under fgs and risks its troops and funds being politicized by next administrations
Diyaano family founded and funded PSF before they received a penny from USA. Their soldiers are more loyal to them than anyone else.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Diyaano family founded and funded PSF before they received a penny from USA. Their soldiers are more loyal to them than Stannis Baratheon.
That means even more to me they won’t fall under fgs. This police position is lowly position and temperoray look how shulub was pushed out for no reason. Diyano not making permanent decision for temporary role. HSM only thing he might achieve is potentially isolating Deni more by hiring his opponents. Maybe that his goal to ensure Deni doesn’t run next election and interfere with changes being made to constitution. Deni said he was ready for talks and HSM responded with eye poke

You joined badbaado qaran against farmaajo. I haven't joined anything yet.

Ulusow despises my clan and so does deni. Again stop being emotional. The army guy doesn't have ground forces inside puntland. Asad diyaano does and that is the big difference.

You can dish it but can't even take it. Imagine if I helped Ulusow like you helped him against us in 2019 to 2022. How much calaacal would we hear from you.

Im stating facts sxb no calaacal. You are a no body in Somalia. We know where Mr cheese and Bare ended up in the minute they stopped meeting Hutu demands in Mugadisho. Don’t ever try to put Deni and that autistic former president in the same sentence.

Trending