Puntland Local Election 2024

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Abdalla This is the election method in Puntland. Guess what, people will vote for the 'party' not the 'individuals' no 'individual' will be mentioned when it's time to vote. This will eliminate qabiilism since all parties consist of the states. This is great news and I mentioned that it wud be futile to have a democracy where candidates are already known as it will turn into qabiilism, I am very happy Puntland has seen this pitfall.

PS - The local council will be shared based on what each party secured, it will be porportionate to each party voting percentage. I think when we hold parliamentary elections at puntland level, they will adjust the parliament based on the 3 parties portion of local districts. That's why it's important to campaign hard in the regions as that will mean your share of Puntland parliament. I hope it stops there and who-ever wins the puntland parliament depending on their share of the 50-60 districts of Puntland will form the government.

We don't need a separate presidential electon, we want a parliamentary system which eliminates qabiil. This will require the two major parties to form coalition with the third party to get a majority of puntland districts and puntland parliament control to elect the president. The system is similar to Puntland elections now, wa 'cod dheeri ah' meaning you need to secure 51% to win that whole district, it won't be adjusted based on your party number which I think is more representative.

I can't wait till my birta dheer and faridhidhin towns participate in the elections of puntland. Waryaa @cow are you from 'saaxo' are you 'wagardhac' if so you will also be apart of the puntland elections same with towfiiq-dhinowda-ceel-dhanaane. The dir-Sheikhal-Marehan see their future is better under Puntland.

In the mean-time we will hold Sool elections in buhoodle-bocame-xudun-taleex and tell the Las anod people to travel to these election posts. Puntland wa inay qorsho cad ka keenta labadasi garad jamac of baharsame n jama siyad who are anti puntland, the rest of dhulbahante are pro puntland

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Libaax-Joore systemku waa 'isku qiyasid' meaning each party wuxu helo waa ka cuni doona kursi ahan golaha degaanka, lakin hisbiga hogaaminayo waa kan ugu codka dheer. This will mean a mixed local council of 3 hisbis with the leader of the 3 parties forming the local government.

When PL parliament is shared, it will be adjusted again to districts and quota and it will be shared by the 3 parties iyo saamiga ay ku lee yihin degmoyinkan. If Mideeye has 30 districts this will translate to 40% of puntland parliament. Wa in la ogaada imisa districts la aqoonsan yahay markeedi hore so we know the full district count of Puntland. Once we know that we can adjust saamiga for each party at the puntland level. I know Puntland 'legal' 1991 district waa 28. But Puntland has exploded since 91 in population. @Abdalla gave a estimate of 59 and @FBIsomalia said 54. I heard 50 districts. Untill this is settled, we can't hold elections as we won't know our percentage of parliament and who will form majority of parliament.

Im worried of a hung parliament when no party can secure a majority. Lakin 'cod dheeri' ah weeye, so who-ever is leading in the districts even by 1 district can form a majority. We need the puntland government make it clear what is the 'law' for districts, each district must satisfy requirements to be a district, this must be made clear or every tuulo will call themselves a district. The district zoning law waa inay 'cadeeyan' TPEC, all puntland districts must fall under the same requirements needed to meet district classification.

Last edited:
This system is called closed list where voters can only vote for political parties as a whole. the party supplies a list of candidates, the candidates positioned highest on the list of each party tend to always get elected while the candidates positioned very low on the closed list will not, and it depends how many votes each party gets.
This video explains it:

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

Kaah member join Cadaalad party. It seems Cadaalaad working hard in Local eletions.

Last edited: