Racism in egypt

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Fake news, these people would blend in Southern Egypt, ive been to cities like Aswan and Luxor and they are black

Alexandria is pretty racist but its European descendents
Yup them dudes are dark af. Aswan was lit though
:denzelnigga:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Honestly, hand on heart some of least racist ppl I know are from these three countries.
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I've heard they treat Somalis there nicely. Is this true? One of my cousins who's stayed in Cairo for a time told me she didn't experience racism which surprised me given what I keep seeing in the media regarding Nubians and Sudani Arabs.

My brother and his family just got back from Egypt. He stated he didn't see any discrimination towards him and his family. He also told me Ethiopians, Sudanese, and South Sudanese found jobs and work there, but they told him Somalis don't bother working. They get support from UN and relatives overseas, so they sit in the restaurants.

It's colorism more so than racism, but the two go hand in hand anyways. I don't know why people think it has to do with features since Egyptians have similar facial features to those women. :sass2: Also I think they're naturally dark skinned bleachers from Darfur (Zaghawa, Fur, etc) and possibly Nubawis rather than Nubians, Bejas, or Sudani Arabis. Northerners only go to Egypt for tourism, business, or shopping.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
It's colorism more so than racism, but the two go hand in hand anyways. I don't know why people think it has to do with features since Egyptians have similar facial features to those women. :sass2: Also I think they're naturally dark skinned bleachers from Darfur (Zaghawa, Fur, etc) and possibly Nubawis rather than Nubians, Bejas, or Sudani Arabis. Northerners only go to Egypt for tourism, business, or shopping.

You went there, saxiib.:mjlol:

Apollo

VIP
There is racism in every country.

This is just some shitty SJW smear campaign to shame Egypt.

I doubt Egypt has any more racism than a place like North Sudan or Greece. North Sudanese are racist towards blacker people and in Greece they have racism against refugees. Shit is everywhere.

Som

VIP
Like most Somali females your cousin is probably bleached to the high heavens

Nah it's gotta be the bleached skin more specifically. How do explain a mixed black Sudanese with similar features as a Somali still being discriminated against?
It depends each individual experience is different. Even the average benadiri Somali will look black compared to Egyptians let alone an average Geeljire somali. The arabs even discriminate their own darker skinned arabs even if they have no recent black ancestry. I think in most cases educated people and people who know religion tend to be less overtly racist while the masses have many ignorant people among them. Egypt is also very classist. A poor black migrant you will face way more racism than a black doctor of engineer

Som

VIP
I feel sad for the sudanese. They are in someways the equivalent of black people in the americas, they remind me of Dominicans actually. Dominicans are mostly black looking of mixed but lost their language and culture and only speak Spanish. They deny being black but they realize how black they are when they travel to other latin countries. It's the same with Sudan, they lost their language to adopt arabness but they face abuse by other arabs.
Some Arab sudanese call darfurians and South sudanese " abid" but the truth is that darfurians, Dinkas and nuers are not slaves to a foreign culture, they know who they are and they know their language.

Som

VIP
There is racism in every country.

This is just some shitty SJW smear campaign to shame Egypt.

I doubt Egypt has any more racism than a place like North Sudan or Greece. North Sudanese are racist towards blacker people and in Greece they have racism against refugees. Shit is everywhere.
Racism is a huge issue everywhere. Pointing out at racism isn't being SJW, it's time that Arab and African countries try to solve of at least reduce their racism problem.

Som

VIP
Im there right now bro. Money talks here.

Many of them just assume we are Egyptian, it’s only when your Arabic falters that they realise we are Somali.
How is that even possible dude? Unless you are half Yemeni there's no way the average Somali would be mistaken as an Arab Egyptian. Only a few of us may pass as dark skinned Egyptians. Most somalis would be mistaken as Nubians if they are fluent in Arabic and we know Nubians face racism in Egypt just like the sudanese

Apollo

VIP
Racism is a huge issue everywhere. Pointing out at racism isn't being SJW, it's time that Arab and African countries try to solve of at least reduce their racism problem.

It is SJW as these countries have far more important issues to deal with.

Westerners always use racial issues and LGBT rights to smear non-Western countries. It also all political.

How many times have you heard of the Uyghur treatment by the Chinese government from Western mainstream media, yet the open air prison of Gaza is kept under the rug.

Apollo

VIP
I feel sad for the sudanese. They are in someways the equivalent of black people in the americas, they remind me of Dominicans actually. Dominicans are mostly black looking of mixed but lost their language and culture and only speak Spanish. They deny being black but they realize how black they are when they travel to other latin countries. It's the same with Sudan, they lost their language to adopt arabness but they face abuse by other arabs.
Some Arab sudanese call darfurians and South sudanese " abid" but the truth is that darfurians, Dinkas and nuers are not slaves to a foreign culture, they know who they are and they know their language.

Besides the language, there is little cultural difference when it comes to level of Arabization that the North Sudanese underwent than Somalis did. In fact, I'd say the average North Sudanese Arab is more proud and aware of their history and people than the average Somali fob is.

Som

VIP
It is SJW as these countries have far more important issues to deal with.

Westerners always use racial issues and LGBT rights to smear non-Western countries. It also all political.

How many times have you heard of the Uyghur treatment by the Chinese government from Western mainstream media, yet the open air prison of Gaza is kept under the rug.
I'm not talking about western sponsored campaigns though. I think the locals should engage in this dialogue to end racism in their own countries. Less racism means more social cohesion

Som

VIP
Besides the language, there is little cultural difference when it comes to level of Arabization that the North Sudanese underwent than Somalis did. In fact, I'd say the average North Sudanese Arab is more proud and aware of their history and people than the average Somali fob is.
Language is a big thing though. Somalis may be somewhat ignorant about their history but they don't claim to be something they are not. I'm not familiar with Arab sudanese but those who say they are arabs instead of claiming their Nubian or whatever local heritage are completely brainwashed. They are de facto conquered , we somalis may have Arab booty clappers in our ranks but we still have our cultural identity and our language.

Apollo

VIP
I'm not talking about western sponsored campaigns though. I think the locals should engage in this dialogue to end racism in their own countries. Less racism means more social cohesion

Cairoscene seems very Westernized and focused on buzz issues of the West.

The Egyptian government has banned them probably for being Western agents:

I can smell American & Israeli involvement from this outlet.

All Somali nomads used to keep dogs according to 19th century accounts:

Shepherd/hunting dogs were something Cushites brought to the Horn with them from what we can tell based on the archaeology. They clearly often depicted dogs alongside their livestock in rock-art and carvings and the burials likely corroborate as much.

The pre-Cushitic hunters were probably too small in number to leave any real impression anywhere besides possibly being partly responsible for the 5-10% Mota-related ancestry found in all Somalis. It's possible "low-castes" like Madhibans were originally descended from them but any genetic sign of that seems 100% gone now. Aside from E-V32, Madhibans are more likely to show something like a rare J1 than any weird exotic HG lineages similar to Mota's in Ethiopia.
How do you know it was all somali nomads? Also why would they stop dogs would be very useful for nomads.

Trending

Latest posts