Railway in Somalia 1910s, dismantled in 1940 by the British government once independence became clear

Wonyluvr

heart is in Artsakh and Galbeed🇦🇲🇸🇴
VIP
Trains low-key suck ass.I like the overground and the lizzie line everything else sucks.

kind of went off topic :damedamn:

A train system would do wonders for Somalia. No need for airports to consistently be built especially considering how open of a country Somalia is.

A banaadir area train line (Mogadishu going out to merca/afgooye) and one covering northern areas (borama-garowe) makes sense.

Yes, I made a thread about this rail line several months ago. Somalia actually should have expanded this line to connect with all of Somalia. If this would have happened there wouldn't be any clan on claves or even the notch of Qabil due to the fact of all cities would have been mixed heavily with all qabil. Now imagine this rail line ran the whole shape of the Somali back and forth

Trains low-key suck ass.I like the overground and the lizzie line everything else sucks.

kind of went off topic :damedamn:
I think the next president need to make a rail line through out all of Somalia. We need to abolish the qabil problem and this could be the answer. The qabil in Somalia should be only Ethic Somalia

The Mogadishu–Villabruzzi Railway used to run from Mogadishu to Jowhar. There were plans to extend it to the Somali-Ethiopian border and into the Ogaden, but construction stopped in 1936. The infrastructure from Jowhar to Buloburde was built by 1939, but they never laid the tracks. After WWII, the British dismantled the railway and used the rails for the Mombasa–Kampala line as part of war reparations. In the 1980s, the Siad Barre government tried to restart the project, but it was dropped after the regime fell. They also did the same with the line In Eritrea.
st-melecaducaabbruzzi.pdf

Last edited:
Imagine the amount of jobs and trade schools it would bring. From building to maintenance to ticketing and restaurants to diesel mechanic and more road and construction. It won't be a one time job for the youth it will be jobs that stay and grow each region.

mohammdov

Nabadshe
Don’t post this imperialist shit under this informative thread I haven’t forgotten the fact that you are a fob!!!
I will come to Britain i will tell the British ambassador that my grandfather fought for Britain in World War 2 He fought the Japanese in Burma.

Imagine the amount of jobs and trade schools it would bring. From building to maintenance to ticketing and restaurants to diesel mechanic and more road and construction. It won't be a one time job for the youth it will be jobs that stay and grow each region.
Rails the best method of moving people In masses would've made transport cheaper and more efficient and moving of all the agriculture goods to ports as fast as possible inshallah one day

Dalac Bilaash

☠ Emperor of The Horn ☠
Why did the British hate us so much they gave away both Ogaden and NFD 😭
Cuz we gave them hard times unlike the rest of Africa which was just coonish and submissive to British Rule
RDT_20240807_1944347059967448408338453.png

Trending

Latest posts