Redditor who traveled to Somalia faces criticism for travel deemed dangerous by US travel advisory

@RidwanYare @Midas @XuseenS @Shimbiris

Some more generic recent photos of different parts of Mogadishu

QUHXysq.jpeg

6cfguVX.jpeg

OieLSDI.jpeg

VOeo5GV.jpeg

pXNBtYs.jpeg

pQ6h0NV.jpeg

dyVdQ00.jpeg

GhA0u1o.jpeg

JYMEcUE.jpeg

Very dirty Xamar beaches, too many shells.
2Zr5TFc.jpeg

XMDcM7k.jpeg

GpwqtQP.jpeg

sa9yTdR.jpeg

Disasterous looking poluted skylines

mlEGB9E.jpeg

psGTMNt.jpeg

Ahmed Gurey's and Sayid Abdullah Hassan broken statues next to a war torn building and dirt roads next a sewer.
VwdvBPI.jpeg

BcsQrBo.jpeg

AmcLCup.jpeg

An outdoor picture of a Congo type public dining area.

KYMenAU.jpeg

Cars parked on dirty stinky streets with potholes, they put greenery to hide the smell. Look at the cracks and dents in the pavements.
TZdRmta.jpeg

J1mXmmO.jpeg

Last edited:
They are also currently building out newly designed neighborhoods in Mogadishu.

One of the near completed ones is called Dar Es Salaam with amusement parks.

If you search it up you see it being visited by Diaspora and they are investing in it. They are having a great time.

I hope to go to the lion parks soon too, i love lions.

Garden villages with playgrounds in Mogadishu

@RidwanYare Come watch how these stupid animals as you said live , they are ready to eat each other under the banner of festivities

This how they celebrated Eid yesterday in the garden village above that i posted. Very animal like.

Two other garden villages with playgrounds.

Beerta Xamaar

Beerta Xayaat

It's nice to see how fast mogadishu is developing. They just need to be careful about not letting resentment build up from idps or the poorer people in the city who see the concentration of wealth.

It's nice to see how fast mogadishu is developing. They just need to be careful about not letting resentment build up from idps or the poorer people in the city who see the concentration of wealth.
There is no idps inside Mogadishu which heavily guarded and closed off, if there are IDPS from escaping the armies figthing alshabaab nearby they are on camps in the outskirts of the towns and cities or the periphery.

But yeah it is developing and rebuilding with business, shops, manufacturing faculties, factories, hospitals, schools, various infrastructure, power, mosques, public areas and spaces.

You know why? because the parts i shown you are safe. Inshallah the other parts of Konfuur experience the same safety once Alshabaab is rooted out from other parts, so those miskeen displaced people can live/return safely. Both you and Ridwaan and the other posters on this thread should visit Mogadishu instead of speculating on it through reddit posts and bizarre imaginations.

One you go there you can also witness the circulation of wealth through mobile money. The people in the cities help support each-other and the ones outside of it and distribute the wealth and also pay sadaqah

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts