Researchers Find Alarming Rise In Autism Diagnoses Among Somali American Children!

Ashraf

🌊🐫𐒅𐒔𐒖𐒂 𐒅𐒘𐒐𐒐𐒗𐒇🇸🇴🪽
Saw that vid. They didn’t have any leads on potential reasons why we’re significantly more affected but 1 in 16 children is crazy. Compared to on average 56 it said I believe. Also mentioned technology recognising bio markers in the future so they can quickly diagnose to start treatment but they haven’t made any progress on that front either, and taboo within the Somali community hiding away children who have potential autism. I wonder what the numbers are in Canada and the UK. All cold countries but you don’t hear about it as much, especially in the UK. Canada maybe because there’s less than 100k Somalis there but idk

Nin123

Hunted
VIP

Posted 3 days ago.
Alhamdulilah I dodged this autism.
Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
Saw that vid. They didn’t have any leads on potential reasons why we’re significantly more affected but 1 in 16 children is crazy. Compared to on average 56 it said I believe. Also mentioned technology recognising bio markers in the future so they can quickly diagnose to start treatment but they haven’t made any progress on that front either, and taboo within the Somali community hiding away children who have potential autism. I wonder what the numbers are in Canada and the UK. All cold countries but you don’t hear about it as much, especially in the UK. Canada maybe because there’s less than 100k Somalis there but idk
"Somali community hiding away children who have potential autism. I wonder what the numbers are in Canada and the UK. All cold countries but you don’t hear about it as much, especially in the UK. "

I've legit seen somalis with autism and down syndrome in Texas, California, Tennessee.

I don't think cold climates are playing a big role in our autism rates.

Ashraf

🌊🐫𐒅𐒔𐒖𐒂 𐒅𐒘𐒐𐒐𐒗𐒇🇸🇴🪽
"Somali community hiding away children who have potential autism. I wonder what the numbers are in Canada and the UK. All cold countries but you don’t hear about it as much, especially in the UK. "

I've legit seen somalis with autism and down syndrome in Texas, California, Tennessee.

I’ve heard it’s related to vitamin D. Although hearsay it does come up a lot as a potential reason. We need more research because how are we this disproportionately affected. That means if 16,000 Somali children were born in Minnesota 1,000 would have autism. In the UK class sizes are just over 30 so that would be two children per class.

I'd like to see the data on other Somali American communities. I haven't seen rates of autism in my community in the U.S. I wonder if it's environmental factors that contribute and impact Somali Minnesotans.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If i were a nurse in a autisms hospital for somalis- i would murder them one by one with lethal injection.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
Low iron (anaemia) could be the probable cause. Somali women with who are victimised by FGM that could also lead to anaemia which can contribute to autism,ADHD or other neurological issues.

Just because you live in a hot climate doesn’t necessarily mean you get the the right amount of vitamins. You actually need to expose your whole body to the sun or wear much less clothes for effectiveness together with vitamin d rich foods & supplements If you’re black

Just to point out Somalis don't actually believe its simply linked to Vitamin D or cold weather, only that it's a possible contributing factor. Somalis along with other researchers believe it's related to ''Gut Bacteria'' and it's essentially a Western Disease . Genetics don't really explain why they develop this disease upon migration. They didn't have it but now they have it.

The “Western Disease”: Autism and Somali Parents’ Embodied Health Movements

This belief that the gut is the key to autism led many Somali parents to see autism as a “western disease,” linked to environmental, diet and health conditions associated with living in North America.
Interview:
Drs. MacFabe and Vercoe were intrigued by the Somali story because it supported the
research they were pursuing. Dr. Vercoe explains the “disconnect” that occurs when a
microbiome is suddenly uprooted due to forced migration:

The Somalis in Africa …their ecosystem in their gut fits in Africa. You bring it here, and
it doesn’t fit. It’s struggling. It’s already struggling even if it’s diverse. It’s struggling
because it’s not getting the right substrates. It’s not getting the right signals. It’s getting
a whole bunch of things, which it might not have had before. I’m not surprised that a
shift that quick causes severe problems for some (Interview, 6/26/15).

Watch from @11:46 she goes through the History of Austism: It's a Western Epidemic that's has been increasing throughout time.

She says: ''Almost 100% of Autistic Children in the modern world are born with a perfectly normal brain'' ''They are perfectly normal children that later acquire this disorder in the first or second years of their life''

Low iron (anaemia) could be the probable cause. Somali women with who are victimised by FGM that could also lead to anaemia which can contribute to autism,ADHD or other neurological issues.

I don't think Female circumcision is related to Iron deficiencies in women. That study doesn't even mention that, no idea where you pulled that conclusion from.

Women in general are more at risk for anemia and low iron because of their monthly periods, you know when they lose a lot of blood
For Somalis this risk is even greater due to a lack iron in their diets and drinking excessive milk which causes low iron.
Iron deficiency is common in menstruating and pregnant women, children, and others with a diet history of excessive cow's milk or low iron-containing foods.

You always hear people mock women for being anemic but never seem to mention the reasons why they have it.

Down syndrome is incredibly rare amongst Somalis and its not even related to Autism.

Believe it or not Down Syndrome is more prevalent amongst white people
Down syndrome occurs in all races and ethnicities; there may be differences in the prevalence of elective termination by U.S. region, race, ethnicity, and maternal age, but the actual differences in live birth prevalence are small.1 Of the people with Down syndrome in the United States: 67% are non-Hispanic and White, 13% non-Hispanic and Black, 16% Hispanic, 3% Asian or Pacific Islander, and 1% American Indian or American Native.

Last edited:

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
I don't think Female circumcision is related to Iron deficiencies in women. The study doesn't even mention that, no idea where you pulled that conclusion from.

Women in general are more at risk for anemia and low iron because of their monthly periods, you know when they lose a lot of blood.
For Somalis this risk is even greater due to a lack iron in their diets and drinking excessive milk which causes low iron.

A women who goes through FGM are more likely to have anaemia (this isn’t to say anaemia is caused by FGM) I’m saying a women that goes through this procedure are more likely to have Anaemia. To a probable theory this could could explain the link between Somali women (victim of FGM and diagnosed with anaemia) and link to autism with their children.

The link I’ve sent was the correlation between children with autism and mothers who are diagnosed with anaemia

I’m going to show you link between the connection between FGM and Anaemia

click link: “Acute physical consequences of FGM include bleeding, wound infections, sepsis, shock, micturition problems and fractures. Chronic physical problems like anemia, infections of the urinary tract, incontinence, infertility, pain, menstruation problems and dyspareunia are frequent.

Clink link
: “Long-term consequences include complications during childbirth, anaemia, the formation of cysts and abscesses, keloid scar formation, damage to the urethra resulting in urinary incontinence, dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse), sexual dysfunction, hypersensitivity of the genital area and potentially increased trisk of HIV transmission, as well as psychological effects.

A women who goes through FGM are more likely to have anaemia (this isn’t to say anaemia is caused by FGM) I’m saying a women that goes through this procedure are more likely to have Anaemia. To a probable theory this could could explain the link between Somali women (victim of FGM and diagnosed with anaemia) and link to autism with their children.

The link I’ve sent was the correlation between children with autism and mothers who are diagnosed with anaemia

I’m going to show you link between the connection between FGM and Anaemia

click link: “Acute physical consequences of FGM include bleeding, wound infections, sepsis, shock, micturition problems and fractures. Chronic physical problems like anemia, infections of the urinary tract, incontinence, infertility, pain, menstruation problems and dyspareunia are frequent.

Clink link
: “Long-term consequences include complications during childbirth, anaemia, the formation of cysts and abscesses, keloid scar formation, damage to the urethra resulting in urinary incontinence, dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse), sexual dysfunction, hypersensitivity of the genital area and potentially increased trisk of HIV transmission, as well as psychological effects.

I know about those complications, but this is true for any surgical procedure if it's not done properly with prevention methods for blood loss and infections. Same thing occurs in male circumcisions as well.
Bleeding is the most commonly encountered complication of circumcision. The expected blood loss during neonatal circumcision is just a few drops (easily handled with one 4 x 4 " gauze pad), so bleeding that exceeds this expectation is a complication.

I don't think autism is related to anemia because it would hold true for Somalis in Africa as well and most of Somali women's anemia isn't from FGM only in rare cases it is.

It's mostly attributable to Iron Deficiencies (ID), the rest is attributable to menstruation's and mild anemia which is normal during pregnancy due to an increase in blood volume.
ID is the main risk factor of anaemia in both women and children and contributed to a substantial portion of the anaemia cases. To tackle both anaemia and ID in Somalia, food assistance and micronutrient‐specific programmes (e.g. micronutrient powders and iron supplements) should be enhanced.

Just to point out Somalis don't actually believe its simply linked to Vitamin D or cold weather, only that it's a possible contributing factor. Somalis along with other researchers believe it's related to ''Gut Bacteria'' and it's essentially a Western Disease . Genetics don't really explain why they develop this disease upon migration. They didn't have it but now they have it.

Interview:
Drs. MacFabe and Vercoe were intrigued by the Somali story because it supported the
research they were pursuing. Dr. Vercoe explains the “disconnect” that occurs when a

The Somalis in Africa …their ecosystem in their gut fits in Africa. You bring it here, and
it doesn’t fit. It’s struggling. It’s already struggling even if it’s diverse. It’s struggling
because it’s not getting the right substrates. It’s not getting the right signals. It’s getting
a whole bunch of things, which it might not have had before. I’m not surprised that a

Watch from @11:46 she goes through the History of Austism: It's a Western Epidemic that's has been increasing throughout time.

She says: ''Almost 100% of Autistic Children in the modern world are born with a perfectly normal brain'' ''They are perfectly normal children that later acquire this disorder in the first or second years of their life''

I don't think Female circumcision is related to Iron deficiencies in women. That study doesn't even mention that, no idea where you pulled that conclusion from.

Women in general are more at risk for anemia and low iron because of their monthly periods, you know when they lose a lot of blood

You always hear people mock women for being anemic but never seem to mention the reasons why they have it.

Down syndrome is incredibly rare amongst Somalis and its not even related to Autism.

Believe it or not Down Syndrome is more prevalent amongst white people
Do you think the rates of Autism in Africa is low or they are under diagnosed

Interview:

I encourage you all to research this and watch that video. Because she actually goes into explaining that Autism is curable if people learn to intervene at an early stage in development.

This also isn't a fringe theory of any sort and it perfectly aligns with widely accepted treatments for other neurological diseases

For example did you know that giving children with Epilepsy a lower sugar and carb content diet called Keto helps cure or reduce seizures?
Ketogenic Diet (Keto Diet) for Epilepsy. The ketogenic diet is a way of treating patients with unmanaged epilepsy. The diet — high in fats and low in carbs — works by changing how the brain gets energy to function. Although not well understood, this diet has successfully reduced seizures in many patients.

And its a scientifically established and accepted treatment.

Do you think the rates of Autism in Africa is low or they are under diagnosed

I believe it is both.

Last edited: