Seperate But Equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Sorry @Mohamud but @AbdiJohnson is right. Funny how you're arguing with him about this when he's from Ottawa.

Djiboutians are pretty much concentrated in Ottawa. You won't find many of them in other cities in Canada.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying they're the majority there and have a population exceeding 10k.

Netero

Kim Jong Fun
Mashallah an indhar yare recognised Somaliland:rejoice:

Somaliland wansui!

May Somaliland live 10,000 years!

Somaliland hanoolaato!

Ameen:rejoice:
If an indho yar is able to recognize Somaliland through his tiny slit eyes then I think we've finally made it. :ohdamn: 2017 is definitely the year. :rejoice:

:russsmug:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't know about the exact numbers but Djiboutians are the majority in Ottawa.

The numbers would have to be over 10k and literally ten times their official numbers for that to be true. Or at least every other group would have to be in incredibly small numbers. Plus they're new recipients of refugees.

Which would be arguably the most egregious f*ck up on stat can I have ever seen.

And that's just that city. Doesn't even take into account Montreal and other places also inflating their number.

This isn't just far fetched. Djiboutians would basically be a completely unknown.

The numbers would have to be over 10k and literally ten times their official numbers for that to be true. Or at least every other group would have to be in incredibly small numbers. Plus they're new recipients of refugees.

Which would be arguably the most egregious f*ck up on stat can I have ever seen.

And that's just that city. Doesn't even take into account Montreal and other places also inflating their number.

This isn't just far fetched. Djiboutians would basically be a completely unknown.
The stats probably only include Djibouti born immigrants and a large number of them are grouped as Somali-Canadians anyway.

Also Djiboutians are not recent immigrants to Canada. Most came in the late 80s/early 90s.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
The stats probably only include Djibouti born immigrants and a large number of them are grouped as Somali-Canadians anyway.

Also Djiboutians are not recent immigrants to Canada. Most came in the late 80s/early 90s.

that's actually true. most somalis that go the french immersion route are djibouti niggas or dixon kids halfway to getting dhaqan celised. their parents arrived as teenagers along with my parents.

it mostly traces djibouti ancestry, though. like i said before the number is definitely higher than 2k, but to have it where AJ is saying it's at is crazy. that number does not take into account their children for instance.

and them having arrived shortly after the 70s makes this all the more strange. this would have been before the civil war in Somalia and i would assume most would have immigrated directly from djibouti. they would be accounted for wouldn't they?

i dunno fam. that shit isn't adding up. they'd have to all be concentrated there with no representation in any other city. they'd also have to have a lot of kids and most would have had to have arrived through unconventional means that wouldn't list them accurately.

it ain't adding up for me.

that's actually true. most somalis that go the french immersion route are djibouti niggas or dixon kids halfway to getting dhaqan celised. their parents arrived as teenagers along with my parents.

it mostly traces djibouti ancestry, though. like i said before the number is definitely higher than 2k, but to have it where AJ is saying it's at is crazy. that number does not take into account their children for instance.

and them having arrived shortly after the 70s makes this all the more strange. this would have been before the civil war in Somalia and i would assume most would have immigrated directly from djibouti. they would be accounted for wouldn't they?

i dunno fam. that shit isn't adding up. they'd have to all be concentrated there with no representation in any other city. they'd also have to have a lot of kids and most would have had to have arrived through unconventional means that wouldn't list them accurately.

it ain't adding up for me.
Yeah something is off about the numbers but it's not an exaggeration to say Djiboutians have a large presence in Ottawa.

Do you know what the total population of Somalis who live in Ottawa are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts