So how many Somalilander gaals are in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
So far I found out Vixr along with Dhegdheer are both gaals and Somalilanders.
They seem to make a big percentage of the gaals in here, I guess they are
trying to follow the foosteps of Michael Mariano (a famous Christian Somaliland
politician from the 60s).

The guy with the black suit on the right.

Isaaq%2BSuldaans%2B%252C%2BDube%2BCali%2BYare%2B%252CMichael%2BMaryamo%2Bin%2BLondon.jpg
This guy changed his name to Michael Mariano?:drakelaugh:

I'm not Christian and I'm not changing my name:birdman:

I'm impressed you're saying he was prominent in that time despite being Christian.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

I'm impressed you're saying he was prominent in that time despite being Christian.

He gave himself a great Italian name. Mariano...

Somalis of old put nationality before religious identity, Somalis only became more religious after the war.

Michael Mariano may god have mercy on him was raised in an Orphanage run by Catholic Missionaries which is where he got his name from. Most Somali Christians were Orphans raised in Missionary schools.

VixR

Veritas
He gave himself a great Italian name. Mariano...

Somalis of old put nationality before religious identity, Somalis only became more religious after the war.
The Undertaker provided interesting context. I do know we were a lot less zealous prewar, more relaxed in a lot of ways, and that there were churches in Somalia, but I didn't know it was tolerant to that extent that a Somali with a non-Muslim background could rise to prominence.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
The Undertaker provided interesting context. I do know we were a lot less zealous prewar, more relaxed in a lot of ways, and that there were churches in Somalia, but I didn't know it was tolerant to that extent that a Somali with a non-Muslim background could rise to prominence.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend mentality.

I even met some of the Mariano family. True story! :icon mrgreen: They were very nice people.

Status
Not open for further replies.