Somali activists hold support rally at Minneapolis Black Lives Matter protest site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Before Minneapolis’ Fourth Precinct became the site of a movement, several female protesters flooded the police station’s vestibule and refused to move, demanding justice for Jamar Clark.

Days later, the occupation would grow to include hundreds of people and thrust Black Lives Matter Minneapolis into the national spotlight for its protests over the death of Clark, an unarmed 24-year-old black man shot by police Nov. 15.

What many did not know was that several of the women who slept in the vestibule were immigrants of East African descent, activists said. On Saturday, the 14th straight day of protests, those women held a rally at the protest site to express unity between their East African immigrant communities and African-American protesters.

“We’re not a separate entity,” said organizer Ilhan Omar. “We’re black. Our kids are black. And this is our struggle.”

Omar, who is running for state representative, used Friday’s shooting at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic, where a white gunman is thought to have killed three people, as an example of how police interactions with black suspects tend to have different results.

“He killed cops and he killed other people, and he walked away alive, unharmed,” she said. “I stand up because I know things need to change, and we can’t see change unless we see it in the State Capitol. Unless we have people who look like us and share our pain.”

http://m.startribune.com/east-afric...-rally-at-minneapolis-protest-site/357351591/

Sultana

On Hiatus
Someone's trying to get the African-American vote.

:diddyswag:

But why do Somali Americans refer to themselves as East African so much? It makes them seem like they're ashamed of being Somali.

I heard that every tyrone abused and sexually harrased their asses in the freezing snow.

Unbelievable.siilaanyolaugh

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The question I have for these Somali SJWs is why can't they be like other continental Africans and Asians and just let African American and Euro-Americans take up arms in the black lives matter movement. At most we're second-generation American or first. I don't think it's our fight to fight. These Somalis are trying to link arms as a way to feel relevant and garner validation from others. However, they aren't accomplishing much with rallies and protests that do nothing to disrupt America's economic order. If the AAs are so concerned about their social uplift and systemic abuses in the legal and educational system why don't they just become an insular group and focus on group unity and that comes from actually giving money back to their communities, frequenting their businesses and circulating money in their communities. Only then can they emancipate themselves from legal abuses/ discrimination. As Somali people were significantly more united than them even though we have tribes. How can these Somalis even be self-hating when their roots haven't been stolen from them. They need to stand down and mind their business.

The question I have for these Somali SJWs is why can't they be like other continental Africans and Asians and just let African American and Euro-Americans take up arms in the black lives matter movement. How can these Somalis even be self-hating when their roots haven't been stolen from them. They need to stand down and mind their business.
This is a legit question you need to ask @bilan M and @bored aka @Lily... They are acting like they went through 12 years of Slavery :mjlol:Ajanabis are trying to lay claim to somali identity and here you have somali western youth running away from it and trying give it away like nac nac. I guess being an oppressed adoon is a turn on these days. :kobeok:

B

bilan M

The question I have for these Somali SJWs is why can't they be like other continental Africans and Asians and just let African American and Euro-Americans take up arms in the black lives matter movement. At most we're second-generation American or first. I don't think it's our fight to fight. These Somalis are trying to link arms as a way to feel relevant and garner validation from others. However, they aren't accomplishing much with rallies and protests that do nothing to disrupt America's economic order. If the AAs are so concerned about their social uplift and systemic abuses in the legal and educational system why don't they just become an insular group and focus on group unity and that comes from actually giving money back to their communities, frequenting their businesses and circulating money in their communities. Only then can they emancipate themselves from legal abuses/ discrimination. As Somali people were significantly more united than them even though we have tribes. How can these Somalis even be self-hating when their roots haven't been stolen from them. They need to stand down and mind their business.
inaa illahi ina rajioon i cant believe what i m reading. Mind their business?! R u fucking serious? what kind of education do u get over there?!

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
inaa illahi ina rajioon i cant believe what i m reading. Mind their business?! R u fucking serious? what kind of education do u get over there?!

What kind of education did you get to be brainwashed into buying into this collective notion of "blackness".

Is there such thing as "browness"?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

You are generally excluded from the movement by African Americans. They make no qualms about you not belonging to their community. If that isn't embarrassing enough, I don't know what is. You are alienated from the very movement you are trying to support. And yes; you are a recent African so what business do you have being at a protest that does nothing but create awareness. I have news for you, we're all aware right now. Nothing else is happening beyond awareness. At least the Black Panters had social programs in place and used to grow food for their communities what are you folks doing aside from wasting time loitering in streets or using microphones to express outrage. That won't change things.

Last edited:
B

bilan M

What kind of education did you get to be brainwashed into buying into this collective notion of "blackness".

Is there such thing as "browness"?

Walao this is not about colour it about justice. There r middle white ppl that i know who r continously fight for immgrants, against racism for womens rights. some organize march some organize mission to go to the immigration settlements in calais in france in the freazing weather to help afgans,iraqis, ethiopians for free! Is this their fight?! Should they b minding their own business?! these immigrants would probably never do the same thing if roles were reversed. Just like the somalis on these thread their just opportunistic qaaxuntiis they be chasing the money. alot Black americans came with the settlers other came later on but they along with the natives and the white settlers r ultimately the ppl that can lay claim to that land. Not the fucking chinese, irish (who run large parts of america, especially the police force) the bloodly rscist italisns and the rest of the money hungry immigrants that live there. They should not b treated as second citizens in a land they wotk to b build in a land that they shld have more right to b there thsn others.

B

bilan M

You are generally excluded from the movement by African Americans. They make no qualms about you not belonging to their community. If that isn't embarrassing enough, I don't know what is. You are alienated from the very movement you are trying to support. And yes; you are a recent African what business do you have being at a protest that does nothing but create awareness. I have news for you, we're all aware right now. Nothing else is happening beyond awareness. At least the Black Panters had social programs in place and used to grow food for their communities what are you folks doing aside from wasting time loitering in streets or using microphones to express outrage. That won't change things.

Oh please, Stfu!!

B

bilan M

You are generally excluded from the movement by African Americans. They make no qualms about you not belonging to their community. If that isn't embarrassing enough, I don't know what is. You are alienated from the very movement you are trying to support. And yes; you are a recent African what business do you have being at a protest that does nothing but create awareness. I have news for you, we're all aware right now. Nothing else is happening beyond awareness. At least the Black Panters had social programs in place and used to grow food for their communities what are you folks doing aside from wasting time loitering in streets or using microphones to express outrage. That won't change things.

Oh please Stfu!
East Africa is geographical landmass not an ethnicity you dumbass. They are Soomaali

Maan i was soo right when i said this.

So what about when germans called themselves european? R they wrong?

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Somali
East African
African
Cushite

Those terms are acceptable to use. It defines your ethnicity and the geographical region you hail from.

Oh please Stfu!

So what about when germans called themselves european? R they wrong?

LOOOL!! We are getting butthurt now are wee. On classifications and registration you have to be more specific they go by Ethnicty/Nationality .Calling yourself Somali is specific. Claiming East Afrcian as your Nationality/Ethnicity is not.

it means you are a fucking self hater that doesnt want disclose his country of origin or ethnicity.
Instead claim a geographical landmass.

Status
Not open for further replies.