Somali activists hold support rally at Minneapolis Black Lives Matter protest site

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
I think it's good to be in solidarity with black people as they've constantly been screwed over for centuries. But it's problematic when you prioritize other people's issues and causes over your own especially considering the state we as Somalis are in. So I think it's good to see the Somali community supporting black people, but at the same time I find it cringeworthy to see Somalis running around like headless chicken being at the forefront of these causes like it's about them while neglecting what's happening in their own community

Hafez

VIP
Mashallah! Btw kissing hands is a somali dhaqan, you got that from us ;)

It's not reserved for special people or arabs!
We got that from you? walaalshaay more like the opposite. There's reports of some of the Sahaba (RA) kissing the hand of more senior and learned Sahabas (RA).
:damedamn:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
We got that from you? walaalshaay more like the opposite. There's reports of some of the Sahaba (RA) kissing the hand of more senior and learned Sahabas (RA).
:damedamn:

No it's our dhaqan sxb! Since we've been around even oromos do it.

Especially the kissing of hands and offering your hand to be kissed. Dead give away. Why don't arabs do that now? It's not their custom that's why.

Last edited:
I am muslim. Does charity starts at home mean I should only take care of my immediate family?My relatives? My subsubqabiil? My subqabiil? Etc.

Islam is about standing up for justice. Always.

Why does BLM make you so angry?

You should help your own people before you seek to help others . I by no means have any qualm against seeking justice. But BLM crew are just sick people who are just social engineers trying to make careers out of race baiting and following stupid trends. They dont care about justice. Only pushing some sort weak mentality of victimhood and gaining profit from it.

Charity Begins At Home.. Somalis have enough problems of their own we cannot fight other peoples battles before our own. Allah gave you common sense use it.

It is a cultural group now? Then why are you fighting BlackLivesMatter if it doesnt include you? If it does Where is the protest and outcry for somalis? :ayaanswag:

You are really are contradicting yourself.

I thought you said it wasnt us or them. Yet you make it specificly about them and not us #BlackLivesMatter. This is really about social engineering and race baiting. Not at all about justice for people getting killed.

Keep contradicting yourself.

Listen, I don't follow BLM enough to know how they feel about that murdered Somali AUN. That said they have stood up for non-blacks many, many times so your argument that they don't care for non-blacks is invalid.

BLM is specifically concerned with the fact that American blacks are disproportionately killed by the police compared to whites. That's why it is called Black Lives Matter and not All Lives Matter. Do you understand now? If BLM is successful and manages to make policy changes it will benefit Somalis. If you have relatives in America, ask them how police treat them. Ask them how many bullshit citations they receive. The only reason you're not seeing more dead Somalis at the hands of the police is that Somalis are small in number in the US relatively speaking. But... continue believing that BLM will not benefit Somalis

I think it's good to be in solidarity with black people as they've constantly been screwed over for centuries. But it's problematic when you prioritize other people's issues and causes over your own especially considering the state we as Somalis are in. So I think it's good to see the Somali community supporting black people, but at the same time I find it cringeworthy to see Somalis running around like headless chicken being at the forefront of these causes like it's about them while neglecting what's happening in their own community

How do you know what they prioritize? I donate $ monthly to a school in Somalia, you would never know it unless I told you.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
How do you know what they prioritize? I donate $ monthly to a school in Somalia, you would never know it unless I told you.
When you ask them why aren't they putting the same amount of energy campaigning for Somalia, and they tell you "Somalis put themselves in their situation so who cares" that's when you know someone's got their priorities wrong.

I have no issue with Somalis who support their homeland and showing solidarity for blacks/Palestinians etc, in fact I would encourage this.

When you ask them why aren't they putting the same amount of energy campaigning for Somalia, and they tell you "Somalis put themselves in their situation so who cares" that's when you know someone's got their priorities wrong.

I have no issue with Somalis who support their homeland and showing solidarity for blacks/Palestinians etc, in fact I would encourage this.

I think those Somalis are just ignorant of Somalia's history (I include SL in Somalia, sue me). They are heartbroken imo. That's why they see blacks as victims of the system while the situation in Somalia is more baffling. BTW, people on here say the same thing 'it's the fault of Somalis, it's qabyalad, etc.'

Listen, I don't follow BLM enough to know how they feel about that murdered Somali AUN. That said they have stood up for non-blacks many, many times so your argument that they don't care for non-blacks is invalid

Is it my fault you dont follow them . GTFO. This highlights the huge contradiction they don't care about peoples lives or justice. They are just sick social engineers who seek to race bait and make profit out of it. With their shitty I wanna be oppresed mentality.

BLM is specifically concerned with the fact that American blacks are disproportionately killed by the police compared to whites. That's why it is called Black Lives Matter and not All Lives Matter. Do you understand now? If BLM is successful and manages to make policy changes it will benefit Somalis. If you have relatives in America, ask them how police treat them. Ask them how many bullshit citations they receive. The only reason you're not seeing more dead Somalis at the hands of the police is that Somalis are small in number in the US relatively speaking. But... continue believing that BLM will not benefit Somalis

Yet somehow you ignore how this movement undermines and ignores unjust killings when it comes to Non-Blacks. Creating a Racial Double Standard.

MEDIA MATTERS
Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?
http://theweek.com/speedreads/447379/why-isnt-media-covering-killing-unarmed-white-youth-by-black-police-officer

Ferguson-like attack in Utah escapes media notice; race bias seen
Discrepancy in attention given to Ferguson’s Michael Brown, Utah’s Dillon Taylor fuels resentment

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all

On the surface, the cases appear nearly identical: Michael Brown and Dillon Taylor, two young, unarmed men with sketchy criminal pasts shot to death by police officers two days apart.

But while the world knows of the highly publicized situation involving 18-year-old Mr. Brown, whose Aug. 9 death in Ferguson, Missouri touched off violence, protests and an angry national debate, most people outside Utah have never heard of 20-year-old Mr. Taylor.
:cosbyhmm:

AllLivesMatter undermines and is racist? Then what do you call BlackLivesMatter which discounts , ignores and undermines Non-Black injustice while simultaneously promoting Racial Double Standards?

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
(I include SL in Somalia, sue me).
lol

Yeah I suppose the war did affect the psyche of some Somalis abroad. I agree that a lot Somali kids in the West don't know much about their history which is why they latch onto other people's causes moreso than their own. Could also be that it's more trendy to be part of BLM or Free Palestine than say a Somali cause idk. Don't really put much thought into it tbh

Last edited:
lol

Yeah I suppose the war did affect the psyche of some Somalis abroad. I agree that a lot Somali kids in the West don't know much about their history which is why they latch onto other causes moreso than their own. Could also be that it's more trendy to be part of BLM or Free Palestine than say a Somali cause idk. Don't really put much thought into it tbh

It does affect our psyche. I think anyone who was forced to emigrate because of the war is pretty... messed up over it all. It's different for you SLanders, I think. My sister who is soooo into Somalia and PLand, I used to roll my eyes at her all the time. Such dhoocilnimo, but I couldn't understand her. I get her a bit more now. It's healthier to be excessively proud of your heritage. But it doesn't mean we ignore the pain of others.

It does affect our psyche. I think anyone who was forced to emigrate because of the war is pretty... messed up over it all. It's different for you SLanders, I think. My sister who is soooo into Somalia and PLand, I used to roll my eyes at her all the time. Such dhoocilnimo, but I couldn't understand her. I get her a bit more now. It's healthier to be excessively proud of your heritage. But it doesn't mean we ignore the pain of others.

:wtf:WTF! being interested in Somali related stuff is dhoocilnimo to you? But championing all sorts of western nonsense (Gay Rights, BLM and Intersectional Feminism balayoo jahil iyo qashin is normal? This sums you up perfectly.:uCkf6mf: *Roll my eyes at you*

''Not Ignore others pain? '' Are you superman? Like Ajanabis need your fake outcry. If somalis cannot even get our own shit together what makes you think we can help others?

:wtf:WTF! being interested in Somali related stuff is dhoocilnimo to you? But championing all sorts of western nonsense (Gay Rights, BLM and Intersectional Feminism balayoo jahil iyo qashin is normal? This sums you up perfectly.:uCkf6mf: *Roll my eyes at you*

''Not Ignore others pain? '' Are you superman? Like Ajanabis need your fake outcry. If somalis cannot even get our own shit together what makes you think we can help others?

I was talking about myself. I was behaving like dhoocil. Read more carefully, kid.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Lmao @ da es bein sexually harassed by Madows at they rallies. whatchu expect dese people made dis fake image in dey head of poor downtrodden AA's dat are secretly sophisticated wit a sense of community when dey almost all criminals and violence against women a norm in they culture

Have dey not actually met any Basketball Americans?

:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

Lmao @ da es bein sexually harassed by Madows at they rallies. whatchu expect dese people made dis fake image in dey head of poor downtrodden AA's dat are secretly sophisticated wit a sense of community when dey almost all criminals and violence against women a norm in they culture

Have dey not actually met any Basketball Americans?

:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

Basketball Americans? :weirdo:

If they're so bad why can't you imitate them effectively, brother?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Someone should tell them slavery ended 150 years ago, they don't have to talk like their ancestors anymore.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I need to hang out at my local welfare center for a few hours every day just wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.